Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Busy day today, been working on IV stuff and errands since 6AM, have some quick personal thoughts I wanted to share regarding Siskind's money.

He doesn't need the money for the TRO, documents for which have been submitted and the work for which has been done.

He needs the money for months of discovery and appeals which will drag on and on and on. The EO could be delayed (if any of it is left) and might even be cancelled.

The way Siskind has played his cards, all our futures depend on the TRO. If the TRO works, people get to file AoS, the rest of the lawsuit is academic. It is doesn't work Siskinds activities will hurt. Siskind better know that his TRO has a good chance of working - because if he doesn't think it will work and he is filing it anyway, he is behaving incredibly recklessly.

People donating money to Siskind don't realize they are digging their own grave. This is why we characterize our relationships with Siskind (and any other lawyer or interest group for that matter) as transactional. We have learnt through hard experience that everyone has their own agenda, and if you rely on someone else to push your agenda, your agenda will become sacrificial leverage for someone else to get what they want. He has his own agenda that doesn't correspond with our own and if you don't keep these guys on a tight leash, they will run off and chase their own agenda.

As we speak Siskinds and Gotchers immature but I am sure we'll-meaning servants are all over forums and the web digging their own graves, with no idea of the big picture, how things really work and what is going on in the background.

The way things are devolving is Greg and DHS are digging in on both sides and we and the rest of the EO are caught in the crossfire.

Siskind is in an enviable position here, he is getting free advertising, getting paid for his legal work of quality we are not equipped to judge. Even if he looses he still is a hero among his servants who are too dumb to realize the big picture. As we were scared off, the lawyers will end up pushing their own agenda to the detriment of the broader interests of the high skilled community.,

I was talking to an IV old timer yesterday, and apparently once upon a time some 15 years ago, a lawyer named Rajeev Khanna tried something similar - details of which no one can seem to remember. He lost the case but for a while he was hailed as a conquering hero and I am sure his practice did very well.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Busy day today, been working on IV stuff and errands since 6AM, have some quick personal thoughts I wanted to share regarding Siskind's money.

He doesn't need the money for the TRO, documents for which have been submitted and the work for which has been done.

He needs the money for months of discovery and appeals which will drag on and on and on. The EO could be delayed (if any of it is left) and might even be cancelled.

The way Siskind has played his cards, all our futures depend on the TRO. If the TRO works, people get to file AoS, the rest of the lawsuit is academic. It is doesn't work Siskinds activities will hurt. Siskind better know that his TRO has a good chance of working - because if he doesn't think it will work and he is filing it anyway, he is behaving incredibly recklessly.

People donating money to Siskind don't realize they are digging their own grave. This is why we characterize our relationships with Siskind (and any other lawyer or interest group for that matter) as transactional. We have learnt through hard experience that everyone has their own agenda, and if you rely on someone else to push your agenda, your agenda will become sacrificial leverage for someone else to get what they want. He has his own agenda that doesn't correspond with our own and if you don't keep these guys on a tight leash, they will run off and chase their own agenda.

As we speak Siskinds and Gotchers immature but I am sure we'll-meaning servants are all over forums and the web digging their own graves, with no idea of the big picture, how things really work and what is going on in the background.

The way things are devolving is Greg and DHS are digging in on both sides and we and the rest of the EO are caught in the crossfire.

Siskind is in an enviable position here, he is getting free advertising, getting paid for his legal work of quality we are not equipped to judge. Even if he looses he still is a hero among his servants who are too dumb to realize the big picture. As we were scared off, the lawyers will end up pushing their own agenda to the detriment of the broader interests of the high skilled community.,

I was talking to an IV old timer yesterday, and apparently once upon a time some 15 years ago, a lawyer named Rajeev Khanna tried something similar - details of which no one can seem to remember. He lost the case but for a while he was hailed as a conquering hero and I am sure his practice did very well.
>> As we speak Siskinds and Gotchers immature but I am sure we'll-meaning servants<<

Servants, Waterboys .... Really?? - C'mon - Grow Up!

The lawsuit at least forced the Govt. to explain why the dates were reversed. Nobody could get the right folks in the Govt to provide a proper explanation. We have the possibility of an interim relief (However slim it may be) next week that will allow us to file our papers. That is reason people are contributing funds. Just follow the Link above and see the number of folks who are contributing! And the transparency and consistent communication really helps.

You may be right in what you are saying about the immigration attorneys - But unless you communicate in a transparent manner and back it up with facts that are verifiable- You will continue to see people supporting Greg and anybody else who can take concrete actions with the clear possibility of verifiable results - Like an interim order that will allow us to file.

You can again go on with your rant and abuse people who dont submit to your opinion on all matters related employment based immigrants - But the writing is on the wall.....

Old 10-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maga View Post
>> As we speak Siskinds and Gotchers immature but I am sure we'll-meaning servants<<

Servants, Waterboys .... Really?? - C'mon - Grow Up!

The lawsuit at least forced the Govt. to explain why the dates were reversed. Nobody could get the right folks in the Govt to provide a proper explanation. We have the possibility of an interim relief (However slim it may be) next week that will allow us to file our papers. That is reason people are contributing funds. Just follow the Link above and see the number of folks who are contributing! And the transparency and consistent communication really helps.

You may be right in what you are saying about the immigration attorneys - But unless you communicate in a transparent manner and back it up with facts that are verifiable- You will continue to see people supporting Greg and anybody else who can take concrete actions with the clear possibility of verifiable results - Like an interim order that will allow us to file.

You can again go on with your rant and abuse people who dont submit to your opinion on all matters related employment based immigrants - But the writing is on the wall.....
I second your opinion.

Govt will not explain/care about their official stance if bunch of flowers are delivered.
Govt only respond when it gets a lawsuit. Regardless of outcome we are thankful to Greg for getting USCIS to do an official response of why this whole stupidity they did.

Now about TRO, with Medical Bills and Attorney bills and other expenses we are able to prove the harm USCIS caused and we are hopeful about the outcome.

At this hour of the need, Lawsuit was the one and only one effective method.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Quote:

In your earlier posts you were appreciating that Greg is filing lawsuit. Even when Greg leaked some of the fixes Some Admins had expressed trust to Gregg. Is there anything changed in between?

Old 10-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
In your earlier posts you were appreciating that Greg is filing lawsuit. Even when Greg leaked some of the fixes Some Admins had expressed trust to Gregg. Is there anything changed in between?
The only thing changed in between was Greg launched a Fund campaign to support the lawsuit https://crowddefend.com/campaign/visagate2015/#home and his legal team raised over 25K in less than 10 Hours of launching the campaign.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

I have said all I wanted to say about Siskinds lawsuit above. By donating money to him, you are digging one big grave.

The British couldn't have ruled India for as long as they did without Indian collaborators. I think servants and water boys are good words to describe them. I am sure the servants and water boys were treated well by the British and made to feel special.

Based on all I that know from ~2 years of shoe leather advocacy in DC, servants and water boys are the best words I can think of to describe Gotchers and Siskind fanboys. I am particularly disgusted by Servants and Waterboys that pretend to be community leaders. I have said this before, the best way to understand these "leaders" is to watch Samuel L Jackson in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLup3ye_gIo

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 01-12-2016 at 01:02 AM. Reason: A user pointed out the video quality was bad :D

Old 10-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
You can support the lawsuit without giving him any money. He doesn't need the money for the TRO (which better work, and we really hope works).

If you have money to donate and are smart enough to see through the lawyers smoke and mirrors game, give it to us - we actually are on your side. Link is on my signature.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Teerandaz is on a distinguished road

True- if you satisfy any of the criteria Siskind has spelt out, you should let him know. Understand that there is a difference between advocacy and litigation. Greg is a litigator, IV is an advocacy organization. At this stage, I believe both are equally important. The TRO and lawsuit are important to get our foot in the door, but in the long term, the only thing that will true.y help the back logged EB community is legislation, and to that end, IV is doing a commendable job advocating for us.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swintester is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You can support the lawsuit without giving him any money. He doesn't need the money for the TRO (which better work, and we really hope works).

If you have money to donate and are smart enough to see through the lawyers smoke and mirrors game, give it to us - we actually are on your side. Link is on my signature.
Your comparison between Greg and British has no logic. I have contributed to IV earlier and now I have contributed to Greg but you calling us Servants does not go well with lot of folks here.

If you are a senior member of this forum and speaking like this reflects how this forum is managed. extremely disappointed.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swintester View Post
Your comparison between Greg and British has no logic. I have contributed to IV earlier and now I have contributed to Greg but you calling us Servants does not go well with lot of folks here.

If you are a senior member of this forum and speaking like this reflects how this forum is managed. extremely disappointed.
I concur. I contributed to IV earlier and to Greg's lawsuit last night. We are doing everything that we think can help get over this VB mess. The time now is not to get into lawyers bashing. Let Greg handle the lawsuit and IV do the advocacy. The negativity at this juncture is actually putting off many volunteers who do not want to get caught into lawyers vs IV debate, but are interested in supporting whatever they think is good to get the relief in this VB fiasco. I am actually pained to see administrators diverting their attention from immediate advocacy to unnecessary replies that other members can debate among themselves.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kartik1378 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeet80 View Post
I concur. I contributed to IV earlier and to Greg's lawsuit last night. We are doing everything that we think can help get over this VB mess. The time now is not to get into lawyers bashing. Let Greg handle the lawsuit and IV do the advocacy. The negativity at this juncture is actually putting off many volunteers who do not want to get caught into lawyers vs IV debate, but are interested in supporting whatever they think is good to get the relief in this VB fiasco. I am actually pained to see administrators diverting their attention from immediate advocacy to unnecessary replies that other members can debate among themselves.
I am really confused reading all this. Nothing is free in this world. Greg putting his precious time so definitely needs money to support for the lawsuit may go longer than intended. the same way IV also needs the recurring donation to achieve their H.R 213 goals. there is
nothing wrong on both side.really not sure whether some of the IV forum members need to counter other efforts than focus to attract more supporters to come forward and help along.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I sense a disturbance in the force, as if there is much anxiety about the Action Item not going out. You should have it when you wake up tomorrow morning, or shortly thereafter depending on when you wake up.

Don't worry, we are pretty good at prioritizing. Getting things done takes precedence over lawyer bashing and gyan spreading .

Wish I could spread some more gyan tonight, but I have work to do.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hfourvisa has a spectacular aura about hfourvisa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
busy day today, been working on iv stuff and errands since 6am, have some quick personal thoughts i wanted to share regarding siskind's money.

1)he doesn't need the money for the tro, documents for which have been submitted and the work for which has been done.

Who doesn't need money in this world? He has the skill of telling the immigrant community that he is fighting for their cause in a better way. He is showing hope

2)he needs the money for months of discovery and appeals which will drag on and on and on. The eo could be delayed (if any of it is left) and might even be cancelled.

So... What? Its $25000 --not from one person but from 500 people? Thats like $50 in an indian restaurant. So be it. People have spent $700-800 on just medicals

3)the way siskind has played his cards, all our futures depend on the tro. If the tro works, people get to file aos, the rest of the lawsuit is academic. It is doesn't work siskinds activities will hurt. Siskind better know that his tro has a good chance of working - because if he doesn't think it will work and he is filing it anyway, he is behaving incredibly recklessly.

Then why dont you become an attorney and solve the problems

4)people donating money to siskind don't realize they are digging their own grave. This is why we characterize our relationships with siskind (and any other lawyer or interest group for that matter) as transactional. We have learnt through hard experience that everyone has their own agenda, and if you rely on someone else to push your agenda, your agenda will become sacrificial leverage for someone else to get what they want. He has his own agenda that doesn't correspond with our own and if you don't keep these guys on a tight leash, they will run off and chase their own agenda.

The immigrants believe they are already in a grave. All we need to know is how deep our group is going to drag us in.

5)as we speak siskinds and gotchers immature but i am sure we'll-meaning servants are all over forums and the web digging their own graves, with no idea of the big picture, how things really work and what is going on in the background.

Yes ... Lot of people dont have any idea as to how things work, i am glad that you have figured out all the problems but the problem is you are not greg siskind and you could not raise that money so quickly

6)the way things are devolving is greg and dhs are digging in on both sides and we and the rest of the eo are caught in the crossfire.

As if we are not in the crossfire already. This executive order bullshit thing is being kept alive as if we are all going to get 72 virgins and 72 viagra tablets and are being convinced to just be alive everyday.. Let go of this attitude that you are carrying all of us on your shoulders. Nothing is guaranteed. We are all trying to make it in usa but even with a greencard, nothing is guaranteed. The leaders in usa are no different than anywhere in the world

7)siskind is in an enviable position here, he is getting free advertising, getting paid for his legal work of quality we are not equipped to judge. Even if he looses he still is a hero among his servants who are too dumb to realize the big picture. As we were scared off, the lawyers will end up pushing their own agenda to the detriment of the broader interests of the high skilled community.,

see you are jealous because siskind is in an enviable position. If the people who paid money to greg's funding and they are all servants in your eyes, its a shame that you are a moderator for this forum. Just chill out, ok. If tomorrow all the indians want to kiss an attorney's ass or not is their choice. If a grown up humanbeing made all the way from india to us --with education and working, raising families.. They did do well for themselves, no doubt they do not have the all knowing superpower and thinking like you. Thats why we have leaders everywhere trying to sort out ordinary people's life

8)i was talking to an iv old timer yesterday, and apparently once upon a time some 15 years ago, a lawyer named rajeev khanna tried something similar - details of which no one can seem to remember. He lost the case but for a while he was hailed as a conquering hero and i am sure his practice did very well.
so.... What??

Its not the first time you lost your tongue, look at pappu and learn how he posts his comments on the forum. I wish i did not send any flowers... What will be your comment? Just use filthy language?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfourvisa View Post
so.... What??

Its not the first time you lost your tongue, look at pappu and learn how he posts his comments on the forum. I wish i did not send any flowers... What will be your comment? Just use filthy language?
How dare you be critical to IV guys? Banned and all your posts will be deleted.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
How dare you be critical to IV guys? Banned and all your posts will be deleted.
Nope

NOT A DAMN LAWYER