Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
You can support the lawsuit without giving him any money. He doesn't need the money for the TRO (which better work, and we really hope works).

If you have money to donate and are smart enough to see through the lawyers smoke and mirrors game, give it to us - we actually are on your side. Link is on my signature.
Oh I see, Really?. You think Greg can work on the lawsuit without getting any donations, at the same time you ask money for IV to work. So you think everyone these forum are brainless to understand your statements. There is nothing free in this world. IV needs money and Greg needs money too. I understand that we need to support both.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nope
Awww man. Here I was thinking that I was getting to know you guys better.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
Awww man. Here I was thinking that I was getting to know you guys better.
If we ever have another one, don't miss the next advocacy event in DC.

A word of warning though, what you will see and hear will leave you radicalized against lawyers and lobbyists.

If you are one of those who spend long hours every week serving Ron Roacher or Greg Siskind, you might find it deeply disconcerting or take it personally like many above.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 12:38 AM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stop using foul language on the forum

Hey Hil3012, please stop using foul language and calling people idiots if they don't agree with you. Of everyone on the forum, you need to show some restraint being a "moderator". I am not sure how IV administration is tolerating something like this on the forum.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

A word of warning though, what you will see and hear will leave you radicalized against lawyers and lobbyists.

If you are one of those who spend long hours every week serving Ron Roacher or Greg Siskind, you might find it deeply disconcerting or take it personally like many above.
Thank you for the invite. The reason I haven't done the advocacy so far is that I might sway all/some IV frontrunners from wearing their Judge Judy hats too soon and be judgemental about people they talk to in online forums. Yes, I am professionally known to be that persuasive. Now, we wouldn't want to take the fun quotient out of forums, would we?

On a serious note, I might do it next time. Feel a connection with you guys now, brotherly one, and getting this weird craving to have lunch with you all, while we discuss how I bragged about my persuasiveness in online forums.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibliophile2020 View Post
Hey Hil3012, please stop using foul language and calling people idiots if they don't agree with you. Of everyone on the forum, you need to show some restraint being a "moderator". I am not sure how IV administration is tolerating something like this on the forum.
You have not had the opportunity to get to know others yet. Hil is one of the better ones. For real.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swintester is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
You have not had the opportunity to get to know others yet. Hil is one of the better ones. For real.
Stop the way of speaking with members of the forum, you can say as you like and we just take it. Stop warning members of the forum..

Old 10-05-2015, 02:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by swintester View Post
Stop the way of speaking with members of the forum, you can say as you like and we just take it. Stop warning members of the forum..
Huh? What?

Old 10-05-2015, 02:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maga is on a distinguished road

Quote:

>>If you are one of those who spend long hours every week serving Ron Roacher or Greg Siskind, <<

I don't think you still get it! Read the comments from so many members calling you out on your abuses and lawyer bashing. Please see the writing on the wall and move on to something more productive.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibliophile2020 View Post
I appreciate Hil for being far from away from 'Politically Correct'. If he conveys his message in fewer words (maybe blunt but true ) then we appreciate it.

I worked with a law firm for an H1B transfer (presumably 'the' top law firm in immigration) and I know how bad H1Bs are treated. Ganging up with employers, delay tactics, selling 'premium' packages by simply delaying filing and most of all treating H1Bs/legal immigrants as low lives are just a tip of the iceberg. You can read hundreds of experiences with lawyers and law firms on this forum and it hurts me on how they influence on immigration reforms.

Most lawyers advocate online petitions. Go read any lawyer with a bunch of online followers (the ones who tweet or blog), even most desi lawyers who recommend online petitions, when everyone knows they do no good.

I would suggest you wake up and stop complaining and start realizing. Think and then 'act'

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Thank you for your kind and truthful comment Bhisma.

We will be sending out a newsletter in a few hours which will ask that people call members of Congress with a co-ordinated message to add pressure on the WH to fix this situation.

It is important to have broad participation. Let us have a ceasefire until the action item is done. We can get back to regularly scheduled programming after 6PM tomorrow.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Action Item is UP (URGENT Action Item: #FighbackVBGate).

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone give a breakup of how the 30K will be used? Is that just a fees to file a lawsuit? I saw some posts about this being transparent. Let us hear from those people what is transparent about 30K. If money is being collected for a lawsuit by a for profit lawyer, we ought to hear more details. This lawsuit could adversely affect everyone else if it fails. So people who have not donated could be affected if it annoys DHS for all future EO fixes. Has anyone thought about that?

Old 10-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Here is what a senior member from other forum had to say. I think he is making some sense.

Quote:
This law suit fiasco had made sure that in future DHS/USCIS/DOS won't do a single thing to help Indians stuck in backlog. Whole concept of acceptance was introduced by USCIS to help indians stuck in backlogs for years. On one end we keep sending email, tweets . faxes asking for help and when they tried to do something we decided to sue them. We blew our chance supporting crook lawyers ( who are our worst enemy) . Now lawyers are assured that their h1b business will boom for next 2 decades. I am pretty sure that USCIS retrogressed the acceptance dates under pressure by lawyers and lobbyists. Same lawyers than provocated us to file a law suit.

All cacluations shows that going forward EB2I won;t get more than 5,000 GC every year. If USCIS allows 2011 applicants to file 485 the number of pending applications for PD < July 2011 will be somewhere 70-80,000
By that maths folks with PD > July, 2011 are looking at wait for 12-15 years before they can filed 485.
Also there is no gurantee that H4 EAd will survive that time because sooner or later USCIS/DHS will stop all efforts to protect it against on going law suit.

Add fate of H4 EAD to this list. If lawsuit against h4 EAd gets heated up than USCIS or DHS are not going to go out of the way to protect it. Probably lawsuit won't progress much during BO presidency but after that it's future will depend on how USCIS and DHS defend it.
Basically we have lost too much for something too less. Majority of folks between 2010 and 2011 are anyway eligible for unlimited h1b extension and their wive are eligible for EAD. Only advantage they have will have is to move from h1b to EAD status. If lawsuit fails it is going to be big loss for them too.
But hats off to immigration lawyers for pulling this stunt. They have destroyed hopes and future of h1b holders (india) for ever and secured their future for decades. flower campaign was the ideal way to convey our message to government .

Old 10-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

OK guys. We are taking a break from this hot discussion for now and following the action items. Help yourself and help me out!

Alternatively, we can speculate, analyze and become attorneys ourselves and that would do us no good (you know what I mean ). Most of the forum experts out there probably have already become legal experts just after a week of discoursing on all the possibilities of the case. I congratulate them for their having achieved success in creating a career alternative in case they do not perform well in their chosen career in which they currently feel stuck. Now if they stop here with only doing technical exercises and not following up on action items, their inaction would prove hil3128 right!!

It’s time to act and take up the challenge!