Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
I would love to explain things to you, but now is not the time. Now is the time to act (URGENT Action Item: #FighbackVBGate), not talk.

Please follow today's action item (URGENT Action Item: #FighbackVBGate).

Anytime you don't have a reasonable answer 'Good Question, but today is not a sunny day to talk about it'
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

I am deadly serious about this. If the VB gets reversed, it will be because of political pressure not because of that Lawsuit which will eventually get bounced out - maybe even today.

If you want the VB reversed, please follow the action item (URGENT Action Item: #FighbackVBGate). We can settle our differences later.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracka View Post
Anytime you don't have a reasonable answer 'Good Question, but today is not a sunny day to talk about it'

Hold your horses and there is no reason to jump up and down.

Last Monday and Tuesday we had 50 IV volunteers in DC meeting with 100 House offices.
https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...13413215391569

What is better? Having 100 face to face hour long meetings, or sending spam emails?

Then on Thursday and Friday we were meeting with Administration and working on flower campaign.
https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...14005335332357

Is it wrong to not do what some lawyer is asking us to do? You need to grow up and there is no need to do what some lawyer is asking us to do. We DO NOT TRUST any lawyer because they all have their own agenda.

The link you posted for another lawyer, that is again asking to send out spam emails. How many times have you responded to unsolicited mass emails? Again, this action item is not to send spam emails because that will piss off staffers if you fill their email box without any context or background.

Our action item is simple, Call and speak with the staffer, and if they ask for more information or email, only then email them.

There is no need to engage in lawyers worship. And if you want to do that then take a hike, and you are not welcome here.

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-05-2015 at 01:42 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by animmigrant View Post
Read a lot of posts after my weekend break. Nice entertainment, lawyer files the suit, whining.. Lawyer gets more donations in 10 hours than we have in months or years, whining.. Naaice...

I am a member in both forums btw, I haven't seen any ugly, degrading posts about IV anywhere. Only here in IV forum we bad mouth lawyers, or a single lawyer who is doing something for the people affected by vb fiasco. Is he a godly figure doing all this just for others, probably not. He has his own interests in it as well, but so do all other immigration lawyers. Where are the likes of other top 10 immigration law firms in the country? One of them has my case in their kitty, but they are silently watching this game taking a neutral stand - spineless cowards.

And for IV - the day you understand that people reading your blog are other than your bhakts, who use sense of judgement to every foul word you use, you will that day stop losing members, supporters like me.

Ey, ban me - coz I am not considering IV my Guru..
Lawyers are not spineless cowards. The real spineless cowards are those who are affected by backlogs every day and then look at lawyers to do something rather than getting spine to do something themselves. If you haven't yet understood, then I am talking about you because you are the spineless coward and brainless illogical idiot, both at the same time.

Lawyers do what they have to do. Its their business. If you can't understand a simple fact then that is your problem, not theirs.

We only tell what lawyers do, they are not bad, it is their business. The problem starts when people like you think that lawyers should/will/are doing something for you.

And instead of doing something about the issue, or letting us do something about the issue, all that you do is, portray an logical picture that lawyers are not doing anything, then you say try to bash IV and try to portray that lawsuit is the greatest idea ever without doing anything yourself.

You know what - Get the fuck out of here

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
d.kiran is on a distinguished road

@IV I participate in other Immigration forums and apparently IV posts are longer allowed :-).

I try to engage people from both sides to increase success, but looks like IV has a pretty poor reputation.

To be honest, it was the same for me. I started in [removed] and there was a heavy anti IV bias over there. I never even logged in here and the one or two times I logged in, a lot of replies had very aggressive replies. I just couldn't reconcile the fact that we are supposed to trust people who speak like this in forums with representatives in the White house.

Then, looking into it further, IVs stand started to make a lot more sense. There is reason not to trust Immigration lawyers. There is a reason why IV is doing this. Even though I have not personally met IV members, I understand what might be happening behind the scenes. I fully support IV's position and actions and always willing to support. I am still not a fan of IV's communication in the forums, but these forums don't matter. The action on the ground does.

However, should it really take so much effort to be on your side?

Old 10-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
@IV I participate in other Immigration forums and apparently IV posts are longer allowed :-).

I try to engage people from both sides to increase success, but looks like IV has a pretty poor reputation.

To be honest, it was the same for me. I started in [removed] and there was a heavy anti IV bias over there. I never even logged in here and the one or two times I logged in, a lot of replies had very aggressive replies. I just couldn't reconcile the fact that we are supposed to trust people who speak like this in forums with representatives in the White house.

Then, looking into it further, IVs stand started to make a lot more sense. There is reason not to trust Immigration lawyers. There is a reason why IV is doing this. Even though I have not personally met IV members, I understand what might be happening behind the scenes. I fully support IV's position and actions and always willing to support. I am still not a fan of IV's communication in the forums, but these forums don't matter. The action on the ground does.

However, should it really take so much effort to be on your side?

You misunderstand. For those of us who are stuck in backlogs, there is ONLY one side. You may not realize it, some may not understand it, but there is only one side. EVERYONE, that means EVERYONE out their is working to screw you. Lawyers, Employers, Companies, US companies, Indian Companies, you name it. You may not understand it, but that doesn't change the facts.

And if you stand for yourself and your family, you are not on IV's side, you are on the side of your issue. You may not sometimes like the way we respond, but that is ok. Someone people do not understand civilized language, and it becomes necessary to respond adequately. We have picked a fight with lawyers, employers and system. So it doesn't bother us if we have to take tough stand when responding to some jerks. And if that means you or anyone else don't want to participate, so be it. You are not doing IV any favor by participating in wanting to fix an issue that affects your family every minute of the day, and will FOR SURE affect you for decades if the system doesn't change.

So although we welcome sincere participation, because that is how we engage on this issue, if anyone decides to actively participate, please know that you are NOT doing favor to IV, you are only doing favor to yourself.

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-05-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have you tried looking deeper in those forums. All those forums are for-profit forums for a business. IV success hurts their bottom line.

One forum I think has employees sitting in India posting multiple messages from different IDs. They are exactly same people if you investigate. Last week suddenly one of them changed his ID and was caught by other members. .

Other forum is run by someone who was kicked out of IV for trying to run his business at the cost of immigrants.

And then there are lawyer forums.

You do not eve know what you are talking about. Don't make impression by the face. Look beyond that.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Fair enough. I believe you misunderstood my post as well.

Just so I am clear. Every single step in my life is intended to provide benefit to me and my family. I am not under any illusion that my support is a favor to anyone apart from myself.

Now that we got that out of the way. The simple question is this

" Do you think IV would be strengthened with additional members who will work with legislators on the ground ? "

I always ask other people to support and follow on the action items.

If the answer to my question is No and you have all the support you will ever need, then I think we are good.

If the answer to my question is Yes; then as a simple matter of self-interest, I want to make it easy for people to buy into IV's vision to help me (most important) and help themselves (relatively less important).

Old 10-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Sorry to repeat myself, just spoke to Administrator2, we will hold our fire until 6PM EST, please follow the action items (URGENT Action Item: #FighbackVBGate):

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
I am deadly serious about this. If the VB gets reversed, it will be because of political pressure not because of that Lawsuit which will eventually get bounced out - maybe even today.

If you want the VB reversed, please follow the action item (URGENT Action Item: #FighbackVBGate). We can settle our differences later.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Have you tried looking deeper in those forums. All those forums are for-profit forums for a business. IV success hurts their bottom line.
Again, you are *assuming* that I am on those forums. I include facebook groups when I mention forums.

Since you assumed things that are not at all true, this quote below should actually be directed at yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
You do not eve know what you are talking about. Don't make impression by the face. Look beyond that.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
I appreciate Hil for being far from away from 'Politically Correct'. If he conveys his message in fewer words (maybe blunt but true ) then we appreciate it.

I worked with a law firm for an H1B transfer (presumably 'the' top law firm in immigration) and I know how bad H1Bs are treated. Ganging up with employers, delay tactics, selling 'premium' packages by simply delaying filing and most of all treating H1Bs/legal immigrants as low lives are just a tip of the iceberg. You can read hundreds of experiences with lawyers and law firms on this forum and it hurts me on how they influence on immigration reforms.

Most lawyers advocate online petitions. Go read any lawyer with a bunch of online followers (the ones who tweet or blog), even most desi lawyers who recommend online petitions, when everyone knows they do no good.

I would suggest you wake up and stop complaining and start realizing. Think and then 'act'
It is not about Political correctness. We do not have a problem if HI is politically incorrect. But asking us to support Greg and then turning back and maligning Greg- asking us not to provide funds - Is very counter productive. How can you be abusive to members who have a different opinion - and then claim to fight against abuses by Lawyers and employers ?? Any form of abuse (whether from IV, Lawyers, or Employers) is not acceptable.Period.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chosen91 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Please grow up IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animmigrant View Post
Read a lot of posts after my weekend break. Nice entertainment, lawyer files the suit, whining.. Lawyer gets more donations in 10 hours than we have in months or years, whining.. Naaice...

I am a member in both forums btw, I haven't seen any ugly, degrading posts about IV anywhere. Only here in IV forum we bad mouth lawyers, or a single lawyer who is doing something for the people affected by vb fiasco. Is he a godly figure doing all this just for others, probably not. He has his own interests in it as well, but so do all other immigration lawyers. Where are the likes of other top 10 immigration law firms in the country? One of them has my case in their kitty, but they are silently watching this game taking a neutral stand - spineless cowards.

And for IV - the day you understand that people reading your blog are other than your bhakts, who use sense of judgement to every foul word you use, you will that day stop losing members, supporters like me.

Ey, ban me - coz I am not considering IV my Guru..
+1

To give you some context so that you don't think I'm a fake profile/bot, I have been following IV for almost a year now. I haven't attended any of the DC events but I attended the Rep. Delbene meeting recently. I have also been regularly doing the action items when announced and have contributed once. I have also been following Ron Gother's forum for the same amount of time.

Most of my friends were unaware of IV since their GC process has just begun. I used to share IV action items and bug them to follow IV which most of them did. A majority of them stopped following IV after encountering aggressive / foul language on the forums or the FB page. Two of them actually mentioned that there seemed to be a cult like atmosphere where in order to get a useful reply from anyone, one needed to "prostrate" themselves before IV and praise IV to the high skies. I still defended IV since I thought IV was the only one fighting on behalf of backlogged EBs.

After this visagate fiasco I feel a little stupid. On Ron Gother's forum I have seen how the users sketched out a plan for litigation and collaborated with Greg Siskind to get it done. They actually worked with each other just as a team should. Whenever anyone mentioned anything bad about IV or made fun of IV for boasting about their connections to the WH or thinking that flowers could solve this, Ron & other admins would immediately tell them to stop criticizing IV and to instead focus on the work at hand! Same thing on Siskind's Twitter feed. I should also mention that Ron's forum probably saved its users $$$s based on his free & informative replies whenever users ask him questions pertinent to their case, which btw totally contradicts your projection of him as a blood sucking hypocrite!

After seeing IV ridicule Ron's & Siskind's supporters (based on Siskind's objection to one amendment to a bill that anyways passed the house?) and after seeing the way you are trying to spin this TRO as "something that better pass or else he has hurt our cause", I'm done with IV! You guys need to be able to work with others towards a common cause!

You need to overcome past differences and even if you can't do that, at-least take the higher road and don't resort to name calling ("Ron Roacher"? seriously?). You make your followers look bad! Want an example of how to look classy? Check this out:

Greg Siskind ‏@gsiskind
@harihp77 @immivoice Please contribute directly 2 @immivoice to fund its efforts. IV's advocacy work's a critical part of fixing this mess.

P.S. I'm sure I'm either going to be banned or the post will be deleted or I'll be hammered with replies about how I'm a fake profile/bot/idiot who doesn't understand all the secret knowledge that IV possesses or be told that IV doesn't need followers like me, but please try to understand that by behaving in this fashion you are just reducing your following!

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again, you are *assuming* that I am on those forums. I include facebook groups when I mention forums.

Since you assumed things that are not at all true, this quote below should actually be directed at yourself.
Yes I know about the facebook groups too. One of them is actually guided by a lawyer from the background and he promotes himself. Of course they will delete IV posts because IV will expose them.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen91 View Post
+1

To give you some context so that you don't think I'm a fake profile/bot, I have been following IV for almost a year now.
If you want to change things, what is keeping you from being the leader in IV and be its public face? If you become active by spending more time to volunteer you will also become its leader. You can choose to take over the PT work for IV and use the language you want to. It applies to everyone who thinks IV should change the language. IV is run by volunteers, so why not you become a volunteer and run what is being said on forums?

Old 10-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Fair enough. I believe you misunderstood my post as well.

Just so I am clear. Every single step in my life is intended to provide benefit to me and my family. I am not under any illusion that my support is a favor to anyone apart from myself.

Now that we got that out of the way. The simple question is this

" Do you think IV would be strengthened with additional members who will work with legislators on the ground ? "

I always ask other people to support and follow on the action items.

If the answer to my question is No and you have all the support you will ever need, then I think we are good.

If the answer to my question is Yes; then as a simple matter of self-interest, I want to make it easy for people to buy into IV's vision to help me (most important) and help themselves (relatively less important).
Fair enough. Most people generally throw in the towel and melt with little bit of heat. They usually curse us on their way out and then trash us on other forums. As you can probably tell, we don't give a flying F&%$ about what they do. We think such folks are immature and not ready for the type of effort we are engaged in.

We agree with you. Our effort is strengthened with more people join in. But we can not bend over backwards to have people join the effort. It has to come from within. And people have to decide what is right and what is wrong on more intellectual manner instead of just seeing something superficially. We welcome participation, and it is for people stuck in backlogs to decide what they want to do for themselves. Time and tide waits for no one. And we will not take trash just because some jerk had 2 extra cups of coffee on Monday morning.

We want to do more and succeed, but people waiting in backlogs have more responsibility to step up and do their share. And if they want to participate, that's good, if they don't, so be it. We are not waiting for anyone and we are not going to stroke anyone's ego. That is just plain, honest and sincere talk.