Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchi2131 View Post
well ,aren't you contradicting yourself ,if he knows how to market himself ,won't he be
continuing with the case if no TRO is granted
No, he is not that charismatic to keep people glued to his "updates" for months and at worse years to come if he continues with this class action.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maga View Post
It is not about Political correctness. We do not have a problem if HI is politically incorrect. But asking us to support Greg and then turning back and maligning Greg- asking us not to provide funds - Is very counter productive. How can you be abusive to members who have a different opinion - and then claim to fight against abuses by Lawyers and employers ?? Any form of abuse (whether from IV, Lawyers, or Employers) is not acceptable.Period.
For the Visa Bulletin, we did not support Greg or any other lawyer. Our stand on EVERY lawyer is crystal clear. So not sure how you got this impression that IV supports Greg, we don't. So there is no question of turning back or maligning anyone. IV only supports solution to the backlogs.

Our agenda is clear. And we reserve the right to respond to anyone who comes here with an agenda opposite to ours, in any manner as we see fit.

You are probably someone who has no idea how the real system works, do you? How lawyers scam the system and how they advocate against immigrants in Washington. Do you have any idea? I guess not. So you can pretend to show that you are upset over manner of our responses, but at least our responses are NOT the reason why a million people are waiting in backlogs for years/decades. But we can tell you FOR SURE that the lawyers you seem to be defending/speaking for are directly responsible for backlogs. So next time you show this fake attitude, you may want to give it a thought about the amount of real anger that burns in us when we have to see these immigration lawyers lobby against immigrant workers when no one is watching in Washington to create and extend these backlogs. And when everyone is watching, then these lawyers pretend to be fighting for the immigrant worker.

Please take you fake attitude somewhere else, we don't want fakes around here.

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-05-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I missed out on the fun....What will TRO, if granted, get me?

Old 10-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I missed out on the fun....What will TRO, if granted, get me?
Someone please ask this question or not.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Someone please ask this question or not.
Why don't you ask it yourself?

There are no servants here for you. feed yourself

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracka View Post

The only servants here are the ones pwned by Siskind and co.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

I thought you or someone else was providing minute-by-minute coverage here. Do me a favor, will ya?

Respectfully.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Our Immigrant public is a confused lot. They do not know how to stand independently. For them its better to be eaten by the tiger than run independently. Because if the tiger eats you up, you will run faster being in his belly/carry you. This is why everyone like to hold on to lawyers. This kind of thinking destroys the roots of self respect in immigrants and they become sepoys of the lawyers -- Loyal servants - a term from the British Raj. Sepoys killed their own countrymen on the orders of Britishers in Jalianwala bagh and when people protested during the moment.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Our Immigrant public is a confused lot. They do not know how to stand independently. For them its better to be eaten by the tiger than run independently. Because if the tiger eats you up, you will run faster being in his belly/carry you. This is why everyone like to hold on to lawyers. This kind of thinking destroys the roots of self respect in immigrants and they become sepoys of the lawyers -- Loyal servants - a term from the British Raj. Sepoys killed their own countrymen on the orders of Britishers in Jalianwala bagh and when people protested during the moment.
Damn right!

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Do you know if they Government has the ability to file a motion to dismiss at this stage of the proceedings and do you know if they have filed?

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Do you know if they Government has the ability to file a motion to dismiss at this stage of the proceedings and do you know if they have filed?
Hil - I like your tone. Just like this! Ask politely and respectfully and you will see the magic. You will get answers.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hil - also in your future responses. I would like you to use this term "sunk-cost fallacy".

sunk-cost fallacy- The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Are we doing Q & A at 6 pm EST?

Old 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Damn right!
Inferiority complex is the reason for this illusion:
There is a sense of gratefulness to lawyers in the sepoys. This sepoy attitude is because of lack of self confidence. So people outsourcing their discourse of advocacy to lawyers is a dangerous thing. It implies loss of sovereignty, autonomy. Its kind of a colonization where you do not get to make any decisions but you pay lagaan/donation. This discourse of immigrant dharma has been controlled by lawyers for a long time. They hold the key to our immigration status and forms not shared with us. This is the reason we saw 30K donated to the lawyer in 1 day. In the British Raj too people happily went to fight in Wold war two for England and died in great numbers. India had the largest contingent in all allied force and nobody knows that, it is not taught in history and there is no recognition for it. Do you know that?

The only way to fix this is a game changing tactics to take back the discourse in the hands of immigrants. This is essentially was Immigration voice does. It is a radical idea because it changes existing norms and so people will protest.

What we need a Gandhi for the advocacy (flower campaign) and Bose for our own people. Bose can convert prisoners of ignorance into dedicated volunteers of Immigration voice.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Hil - I like your tone. Just like this! Ask politely and respectfully and you will see the magic. You will get answers.
I say things people don't like hearing, but I always try to be polite and respectful when I say them .

Quote:
Hil - also in your future responses. I would like you to use this term "sunk-cost fallacy".

sunk-cost fallacy- The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Are we doing Q & A at 6 pm EST?
I like the term Skunk Cost fallacy. Only downside is people might think I am calling them Skunks when I am calling them other things.

I am kinda burnt out tonight, was working on IV stuff unpaid (since that seems to be such an issue) until 3AM yesterday. Heh, maybe I should setup a gofundme next time. Unless I see the Lawyers doing something egregious tonight, I will probably lie low.

Rest of you guys, hang on to your wallets tight - the lawyers are coming. Atleast hear us out before feeding a monster you can't control.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-05-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Well, I am not much of a fan of the words that IV guys' keyboards spew. But one thing seems to be clear. IV folks' are in same boat as everyone wanting to change this VB nonsense. They are EB 2/3 guys (if we take their word for it, I do), who want to be green too. So, even if they are selfish in doing what they do, it might just help everyone else. Their language aside, their motives seem to coincide with what we all want.
They have right to be frustrated too. Probably more so, given what they are suffering with this VB fiasco and having to face some completely out of the whack questions here. Further, they have to look through their friends and foes and their intentions in government.

So, I personally, do give them credit for their efforts. Losing cool is only human. On that note, EFF YOU ALL OPPOSING ANYTHING I SAY.