Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
Well, I am not much of a fan of the words that IV guys' keyboards spew. But one thing seems to be clear. IV folks' are in same boat as everyone wanting to change this VB nonsense. They are EB 2/3 guys (if we take their word for it, I do), who want to be green too. So, even if they are selfish in doing what they do, it might just help everyone else. Their language aside, their motives seem to coincide with what we all want.
They have right to be frustrated too. Probably more so, given what they are suffering with this VB fiasco and having to face some completely out of the whack questions here. Further, they have to look through their friends and foes and their intentions in government.

So, I personally, do give them credit for their efforts. Losing cool is only human. On that note, EFF YOU ALL OPPOSING ANYTHING I SAY.
Another classic post by the successor of the most esteemed Administrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
You misunderstand. For those of us who are stuck in backlogs, there is ONLY one side. You may not realize it, some may not understand it, but there is only one side. EVERYONE, that means EVERYONE out their is working to screw you. Lawyers, Employers, Companies, US companies, Indian Companies, you name it. You may not understand it, but that doesn't change the facts.

And if you stand for yourself and your family, you are not on IV's side, you are on the side of your issue. You may not sometimes like the way we respond, but that is ok. Someone people do not understand civilized language, and it becomes necessary to respond adequately. We have picked a fight with lawyers, employers and system. So it doesn't bother us if we have to take tough stand when responding to some jerks. And if that means you or anyone else don't want to participate, so be it. You are not doing IV any favor by participating in wanting to fix an issue that affects your family every minute of the day, and will FOR SURE affect you for decades if the system doesn't change.

So although we welcome sincere participation, because that is how we engage on this issue, if anyone decides to actively participate, please know that you are NOT doing favor to IV, you are only doing favor to yourself.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TheSane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
I say things people don't like hearing, but I always try to be polite and respectful when I say them .

I like the term Skunk Cost fallacy. Only downside is people might think I am calling them Skunks when I am calling them other things.

I am kinda burnt out tonight, was working on IV stuff unpaid (since that seems to be such an issue) until 3AM yesterday. Heh, maybe I should setup a gofundme next time. Unless I see the Lawyers doing something egregious tonight, I will probably lie low.

Rest of you guys, hang on to your wallets tight - the lawyers are coming. Atleast hear us out before feeding a monster you can't control.
Gofundme is only for people who file stalemate lawsuits, not for hardworking IV team.

The only reason ppl trust the other guys more is, IV always communicates what is real not "out of the Blue" info.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSane View Post
Gofundme is only for people who file stalemate lawsuits, not for hardworking IV team.

The only reason ppl trust the other guys more is, IV always communicates what is real not "out of the Blue" info.
The only reason ppl trust the other guys more is Because moderators on the forum scare/intimidate/insult people out of this forum and that creates more enemies for IV than friends.

If you don't believe me, Launch a Survey and ask why people hate IV and see the results.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracka View Post
The only reason ppl trust the other guys more is Because moderators on the forum scare/intimidate/insult people out of this forum and that creates more enemies for IV than friends.

If you don't believe me, Launch a Survey and ask why people hate IV and see the results.
Your post is nonsensical at so many levels, but I only have time to address one.

What other "groups" are there looking out out for you? I mean real groups, not some shitty forum or FB group. I mean a real organization in every sense of the word.

If I have the time and inclination I will get to the other fallacies later - you will find it a most unpleasant experience

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

For all engaging in this flamewar, I would say this is a good test on how to work with people you despise, in order to achieve common ends. You don't have to agree with or like Hil or Admin or whoever, if you find them obnoxious. They aren't asking to be your friends. If the action item makes sense and you feel comfortable with it, just do it. Ignore the rest.

As for Admin and Hil: Shame on you guys for being trolls in your own forum. I don't know what trauma caused you guys to write the stuff you have been, but hopefully you can get over it and learn to be classy sometime in the distant future.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyn55 View Post
For all engaging in this flamewar, I would say this is a good test on how to work with people you despise, in order to achieve common ends. You don't have to agree with or like Hil or Admin or whoever, if you find them obnoxious. They aren't asking to be your friends. If the action item makes sense and you feel comfortable with it, just do it. Ignore the rest.

As for Admin and Hil: Shame on you guys for being trolls in your own forum. I don't know what trauma caused you guys to write the stuff you have been, but hopefully you can get over it and learn to be classy sometime in the distant future.
I really like your post. You should come to the next Advocacy event, understand us better and despise us less.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Your post is nonsensical at so many levels, but I only have time to address one.

What other "groups" are there looking out out for you? I mean real groups, not some shitty forum or FB group. I mean a real organization in every sense of the word.

If I have the time and inclination I will get to the other fallacies later - you will find it a most unpleasant experience
I dont think TrackA's post is nonsensical. At my work place which has a lot of impacted folks and many are getting tired of IV's negativity ....

Old 10-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by maga View Post
I dont think TrackA's post is nonsensical. At my work place which has a lot of impacted folks and many are getting tired of IV's negativity ....
What you say "negativity" others say "dosage of truth"

don't you and other folks impacted in your place of work want to know the truth? do you just want to hear what makes you feel good momentarily?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post

don't you and other folks impacted in your place of work want to know the truth? do you just want to hear what makes you feel good momentarily?
Maybe negativity is defined as telling something you don't want to here. Here Hil is telling it and keepin' it real with no sugar coat. And when you remove the coat, it stinks.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post

Please....most of the impacted people wouldn't know the difference between rule making process and passing a law.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

A nice article on visagate in cnnmoney

Immigrants protest with flowers after green card mixup - Oct. 5, 2015

Old 10-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Inferiority complex is the reason for this illusion:
There is a sense of gratefulness to lawyers in the sepoys. This sepoy attitude is because of lack of self confidence. So people outsourcing their discourse of advocacy to lawyers is a dangerous thing. It implies loss of sovereignty, autonomy. Its kind of a colonization where you do not get to make any decisions but you pay lagaan/donation. This discourse of immigrant dharma has been controlled by lawyers for a long time. They hold the key to our immigration status and forms not shared with us. This is the reason we saw 30K donated to the lawyer in 1 day. In the British Raj too people happily went to fight in Wold war two for England and died in great numbers. India had the largest contingent in all allied force and nobody knows that, it is not taught in history and there is no recognition for it. Do you know that?

The only way to fix this is a game changing tactics to take back the discourse in the hands of immigrants. This is essentially was Immigration voice does. It is a radical idea because it changes existing norms and so people will protest.

What we need a Gandhi for the advocacy (flower campaign) and Bose for our own people. Bose can convert prisoners of ignorance into dedicated volunteers of Immigration voice.
British, Sepoys, Gandhi, Bose... Wow! Many of us on this forum can think independently. Many of us have the capability to differentiate BS from real stuff and do not need oft-repeated/abused analogies like Bristish/Gandhi/Bose. We understand the importance of advocacy and also understand the importance of litigation.

Litigation is an important tool to fight for your rights. In this case - the lawsuit has forced the Government to explain its stand and has added a lot of pressure and attracted attention to the issue.

If we take the position that we will not litigate because we do not not like Attorneys - It is kinda stupid - like throwing the baby with the tub! By doing so will not be using an important tool that we have!

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Inferiority complex is the reason for this illusion:
There is a sense of gratefulness to lawyers in the sepoys. This sepoy attitude is because of lack of self confidence. So people outsourcing their discourse of advocacy to lawyers is a dangerous thing. It implies loss of sovereignty, autonomy. Its kind of a colonization where you do not get to make any decisions but you pay lagaan/donation. This discourse of immigrant dharma has been controlled by lawyers for a long time. They hold the key to our immigration status and forms not shared with us. This is the reason we saw 30K donated to the lawyer in 1 day. In the British Raj too people happily went to fight in Wold war two for England and died in great numbers. India had the largest contingent in all allied force and nobody knows that, it is not taught in history and there is no recognition for it. Do you know that?

The only way to fix this is a game changing tactics to take back the discourse in the hands of immigrants. This is essentially was Immigration voice does. It is a radical idea because it changes existing norms and so people will protest.

What we need a Gandhi for the advocacy (flower campaign) and Bose for our own people. Bose can convert prisoners of ignorance into dedicated volunteers of Immigration voice.
WTF????

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

For the people still following the Law Suit,

@gsiskind and @ImmCivilRights provided us with updates of what is going on.
Here is the compilation of Q&A

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ewDb-M/preview

Old 10-06-2015, 01:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Maybe negativity is defined as telling something you don't want to here. Here Hil is telling it and keepin' it real with no sugar coat. And when you remove the coat, it stinks.
Duh! Let me repeat - Again. The fact that Hil asked everybody to support Greg and then turned back started maligning Greg is not landing well with many folks including my co-workers and many people on this forum.

Again repeating -

We understand the importance of advocacy and also understand the importance of litigation.

Litigation is an important tool to fight for your rights. In this case - the lawsuit has forced the Government to explain its stand and has added a lot of pressure and attracted attention to the issue.

If we take the position that we will not litigate because we do not not like Attorneys - It is kinda stupid - like throwing the baby with the tub! By doing so will not be using an important tool that we have!