Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the letter from AILA in response to VB:
http://www.aila.org/infonet/letter-s...-oct-visa-bltn

As a down payment for VB fiasco, lawyers are engaged in deal making to get something else from Administration. And that something else has no effect on EB backlogs (other than 'same or similar' fix which IV has worked for years, which is why it is about to happen). They are asking for new OPT regulation (which came out today) to get more immigrants/customers for lawyers into the system and make sure immigrants are not processed out of the system. Here is what they asked in return for Visa Bulletin fiasco:

1. A proposed rule to strengthen and expand the STEM Optional Practical Training program;
2. Clarification on the standard by which an EB-2 national interest waiver can be granted "with the aim of promoting its greater use for the benefit of the U.S. economy”;
3. A proposed rule to alleviate the uncertainty surrounding the term "same or similar" for purposes of AC21 permanent portability;
4. A proposed rule to provide parole status for inventors, researchers, and entrepreneurs;
5. A proposed rule to modernize the PERM permanent labor certification program;
6. A final rule expanding the provisional waiver program;
7. Guidance on the definition of "extreme hardship" and criteria by which a presumption of extreme hardship may apply;
8. Guidance to USCIS, CBP, and ICE on the treatment of those returning to the United States on advance parole; and
9. An expansion of parole-in-place and deferred action for the family of members and veterans of the U.S Armed Forces.

There was no reason to mention these items in the letter for Visa Bulletin, unless ofcourse someone wants something else in return for not fixing Visa Bulletin.

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-06-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
AILA - AILA Urges Administration to Immediately Restore Original October Visa Bulletin

As a down payment from the Administration, lawyers are engaged in deal making to get something else doesn't affect EB backlogs (other than 'same or similar' fix which IV has worked for years, which is why it is about to happen). They are asking for OPT to get in more people into the system and make sure immigrants are not processed out of the system. Here is what they asked in return for Visa Bulletin fiasco:

1. A proposed rule to strengthen and expand the STEM Optional Practical Training program;
2. Clarification on the standard by which an EB-2 national interest waiver can be granted "with the aim of promoting its greater use for the benefit of the U.S. economy”;
3. A proposed rule to alleviate the uncertainty surrounding the term "same or similar" for purposes of AC21 permanent portability;
4. A proposed rule to provide parole status for inventors, researchers, and entrepreneurs;
7. Guidance on the definition of "extreme hardship" and criteria by which a presumption of extreme hardship may apply;
8. Guidance to USCIS, CBP, and ICE on the treatment of those returning to the United States on advance parole; and
9. An expansion of parole-in-place and deferred action for the family of members and veterans of the U.S Armed Forces.

There was no reason to mention these items in the letter for Visa Bulletin, unless ofcourse someone wants something else in return.
Even if they wanted something else in return and if they cared for backlogged community where is the 140-EAD in that list ? 140-EAD is so hot among backlogged community and that does not even get a mention when asking administration to fasten the rest of the EO ?
What more can explain the real agenda of lawyers if not this

Old 10-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_vus123 View Post
Even if they wanted something else in return and if they cared for backlogged community where is the 140-EAD in that list ? 140-EAD is so hot among backlogged community and that does not even get a mention when asking administration to fasten the rest of the EO ?
I-140 EAD/AP is at least billion dollar loss! Now, I feel for the IV core and volunteers who aimed for reasonable and achievable fixes last year when "other guys" were pointing to paradise.

If a lawyer is reading this, take a clue! Write a blog or something on what statues should be changed to make I-140 EAD/AP a reality. Instead of the whole turkey, just give turkey sandwich!

Old 10-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/1926
Chargeability
:
Senegal
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1976
Compare
Himesh_Reshammiya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeet80 View Post
Another article in wsj blogs:

Title: How Are H-1B Holders Affected by the U.S. Green Card Application Flip Flop?

How Are H-1B Holders Affected by the U.S. Green Card Application Flip Flop? - India Real Time - WSJ
This is great, support from wsj and othe rmedia groups...

Jai Mata Di, Let's Rock!

Old 10-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_vus123 View Post
And why did people pay 30K for a lawsuit without knowing this?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
And why did people pay 30K for a lawsuit without knowing this?
sorry i was one of those who gave money to Greg not knowing all this

he said that there will be round 2 to ask for more money. i will not give any more money to him

Old 10-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

this is what Greg wrote online

"I hope the fact that the major lawyer organizations and several law firms joined in signing this (and that two lawyer organizations participated as named plaintiffs and declarants in the lawsuit) finally put to rest the myth that somehow we were not supportive of our immigrant clients. People go in to this field because they want to help immigrants realize their dreams and not because they are interested in helping companies exploit people. Sure there are bad actors out there - I can real off a long list of bad immigration lawyers. But there are bad doctors, dishonest accountants, lousy teachers and weak members in most fields. Their entire professions shouldn't be judged by the actions of a few."

Quote:
AILA - AILA Urges Administration to Immediately Restore Original October Visa Bulletin

As a down payment for VB fiasco, lawyers are engaged in deal making to get something else from Administration. And that something else has no effect on EB backlogs (other than 'same or similar' fix which IV has worked for years, which is why it is about to happen). They are asking for new OPT regulation (which came out today) to get more immigrants/customers for lawyers into the system and make sure immigrants are not processed out of the system. Here is what they asked in return for Visa Bulletin fiasco:

There was no reason to mention these items in the letter for Visa Bulletin, unless ofcourse someone wants something else in return for not fixing Visa Bulletin.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Shameful, corrupt & dishonest

Quote:

Its shameful & dishonest, that lawyers are taking advantage of the vb fiasco to promote their own interests. There is no surprises here. IV knew this is what they are upto all along. Shame on them!!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post

"I hope the fact that the major lawyer organizations and several law firms joined in signing this (and that two lawyer organizations participated as named plaintiffs and declarants in the lawsuit) finally put to rest the myth that somehow we were not supportive of our immigrant clients. People go in to this field because they want to help immigrants realize their dreams and not because they are interested in helping companies exploit people. Sure there are bad actors out there - I can real off a long list of bad immigration lawyers. But there are bad doctors, dishonest accountants, lousy teachers and weak members in most fields. Their entire professions shouldn't be judged by the actions of a few."
does not match with-

Quote:

So he is not a part of AILA anymore? Or does AILA not represent "immigration lawyers" anymore? or is he not an "immigration lawyer"? I am confused.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/1926
Chargeability
:
Senegal
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1976
Compare
Himesh_Reshammiya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamps View Post
Its shameful & dishonest, that lawyers are taking advantage of the vb fiasco to promote their own interests. There is no surprises here. IV knew this is what they are upto all along. Shame on them!!
Kudos to IV, they were always right

Jai Mata Di, Let's Rock

Old 10-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himesh_Reshammiya View Post

Jai Mata Di, Let's Rock
Prove that you are not a bot

what is ((2+2) * 5) - (2+1) = ???

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himesh_Reshammiya View Post

Jai Mata Di, Let's Rock
Wonder how did that dead TRO work out for his fans ? Haven't seen a lot of action from them since yesterday...

Someone mentioned that the godly lawyer had written a book on The Lawyer's Guide to Marketing on the Internet. Check it out! http://www.amazon.com/The-Lawyers-Gu.../dp/1590311183

He is definitely doing a great job following his principles outlined in that book

Old 10-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
does not match with-

So he is not a part of AILA anymore? Or does AILA not represent "immigration lawyers" anymore? or is he not an "immigration lawyer"? I am confused.
Is there a difference between ABIL and AILA?

ABIL : About ABIL

Old 10-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post

If signing a letter will wash all the sins of yesteryears, then why is anyone sent to jail? Just ask every one to sign a letter and that will cleanse all wrongdoing. Why do we dislike or not want to work with anyone, just ask them to sign a letter, and that should take care of it. Immigration lawyers for years have been working AGAINST skilled immigrants stuck in backlogs. As we said earlier, we believe that Immigration lawyers are "pro-immigration" but they are also "anti-immigrant".

Maybe other lawyers are doing bad things and some lawyers are good, then this explanation could be acceptable. But then let us ask this:

1.) Why are the lawyers who claim to be "good" guys, silent about exploitation? Has Greg or Cyrus or any of these self-proclaimed "good" guy said or written anything about H1/L1 exploitation, EVER? Can you point to any such article/post? Just one?

2.) Has any of these self-proclaiming "good" lawyer spoken or filed lawsuit against the system that prevent immigrants to change employer or for the lack of job mobility? Where does it say in the law that those with pending green card petition cannot change job after I140? Then why hasn't any of the 14,000 immigration lawyers asked for this, EVER?

3.) Has any immigration lawyer or AILA spoken/written/advocated in favor of EAD+AP for approved I-140? EVER?

No matter how you feel about immigration lawyers, these are legitimate questions. And you will know how wrong or right you are if you try to find answers to these questions.

Maybe someone is busy or did not find time to look at these "insignificant" issues. BUT HOW CAN SOMEONE NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT EXPLOITATION OF H1/L1 IMMIGRANTS IN 20 YEARS?

"Good" "Immigration lawyer" is oxymoron. When we are fighting with immigration lawyers in Washington in policy realm everyday, we know what immigration lawyers are doing to backlogged immigrants. And anyone pretending to make a show otherwise is trying to hide facts.

This is not about incompetency, lousy or weak lawyers, as the narrative about try to portray. This is about immigration lawyers who systematically claim to be fighting for the immigrants they are actually screwing for years.

And even if handful of immigration lawyers are not corrupt, their silence on the subject of exploitation, job mobility and calling out their own organization, makes them complicit in the exploitation of H1/L1 immigrants.

As they say -
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."

And those who have not spoken against exploitation and for the rights of immigrants are not trustworthy. These lawyers have advocated for more of the same H1 visas to increase more exploitation, without doing anything for the existing backlogs. And when something is about to happen (like per-country bill H.R.3012), they will find excuses to oppose fixes to the backlogs.

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-06-2015 at 01:40 PM.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Is there a difference between ABIL and AILA?

ABIL : About ABIL
I guess so- AILA is American.

ABIL is Global.