Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2015, 08:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Teerandaz is on a distinguished road
Default HR 213 is the only way

It's clear we can't trust the administration to keep its word. Lawyers and employers also have a vested interested in a captive labor force. The only solution is legislation. In my humble opinion, we should concentrate on getting HR 213 to the floor in one way or another. Anything else is like a band aid on a sucking chest wound.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerandaz View Post
It's clear we can't trust the administration to keep its word. Lawyers and employers also have a vested interested in a captive labor force. The only solution is legislation. In my humble opinion, we should concentrate on getting HR 213 to the floor in one way or another. Anything else is like a band aid on a sucking chest wound.
Are you a member of a state chapter? That's where most of the 213 action is happening. 213 will not happen on its own - people will need to pitch in.

We are up to 57 sponsors now - including Guitterez - which is huge, because it means all Democrats are on board now.

Don't give up on the EO, this VB bullshit is a case of good intentions gone awry.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Thank you for your support. I donate $100/mo - but I am more invested in the work IV does than most rational members.

For the rest of you, if you like the idea of some hard boiled eggs fighting for your agenda, you can do $25/mo - probably more - link is in my signature.

If you choose to donate, thank you - there is no need to post transaction ID's - we are not children here. If you don't want to, there is no need for commentary, you can go on the lawyers forum and do it over there. I think by now we all know what we think about people that post on the lawyers forum
Would it help our advocacy efforts if Chaffetz is elected Speaker?

Old 10-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jleo9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Are you a member of a state chapter? That's where most of the 213 action is happening. 213 will not happen on its own - people will need to pitch in.

We are up to 57 sponsors now - including Guitterez - which is huge, because it means all Democrats are on board now.

Don't give up on the EO, this VB bullshit is a case of good intentions gone awry.
Hey Hil - do you still think VB will get fixed? You mentioned good intentions gone awry...was it just a mistake or something more to it? Thx

Old 10-07-2015, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleo9 View Post
Hey Hil - do you still think VB will get fixed? You mentioned good intentions gone awry...was it just a mistake or something more to it? Thx
TRO is denied. Let's channel all the buildup and energy post 9/25 in advocating HR 213. With that passed we can say bye bye to Visa Bulletins.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeet80 View Post
TRO is denied. Let's channel all the buildup and energy post 9/25 in advocating HR 213. With that passed we can say bye bye to Visa Bulletins.
Really denied?

Old 10-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Really denied?
yes, unfortunately, but wasn't the news already leaked?

Old 10-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

I am again saying that we are wasting time on VB…. November one will be out soon, and reversed again.

HR213 has 57 cosponsors today. We now have Luis Guiterrez who cosponsored last night, and a a handful of cosponsors left before the bill goes to the next step.

Also theres a chance that Chaffetz can become the speaker of the house. If any, HR213 has the best chance as of now. Lets focus on that.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shv is on a distinguished road
Default How visas are wasted

Very well put together, How visas are wasted:-

How Does Uncle Sam Waste Immigrant Visas? — Immigration Attorneys Portland Oregon

:

Old 10-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
yes, unfortunately, but wasn't the news already leaked?
Yeah, lawyer is back tracking and saying he was pessimistic about the TRO from the get go, doesn't matter now, he had nothing to lose....he was well funded.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shv View Post
How does this article help us other than doing publicity of another lawyer?

Old 10-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoon786 View Post
Yeah, lawyer is back tracking and saying he was pessimistic about the TRO from the get go, doesn't matter now, he had nothing to lose....he was well funded.
My humble request is not to waste energy in unnecessay debate but to just hammer the HR 213 past the finish line. We have lots of pent up energy to channelize into that. Time to call your reps for 2nd time, not for VB but for HR 213 this time.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I am thinking now the lawsuit followers can say the “thanks very much” and join us ? Shut those forums down!

With the momentum and anger, I believe we can do HR213 as well as visa bulletin. Yes, I am greedy to file AOS and still ready to do whatever!

I am joining a very motivated IV member and his buddies and meeting my rep on Oct 19 for HR213, This is thanks to IV state chapters and IV forum.

Where is the next action item for VB crap clean-up?

Old 10-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
How does this article help us other than doing publicity of another lawyer?
Just wanted to share it for people who don't know how the visas are wasted. Didn't relaise that I'm doing publicity of another lawyer, will keep that in mind next time.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shv View Post
Since the very beginning, IV have been working on highlighting this issue. We had a very productive meetings in 2013. Since 2014, we have been told that the visa numbers are not wasted. Look at the number of EB visas wasted in 2014, they are zero. So the administration has stepped up to put in the effort for not letting visa numbers go waste.

For the visa numbers wasted in previous years, it requires Congress to pass a bill to recapture lost visa numbers. Congress will not let recapture of unused green cards or increase of EB green cards outside of CIR.

So anyone who wants to bring this up again at this moment in time, is trying to divert your attention into a wrong direction because unused visas from previous years cannot be recaptured without Congress passing CIR.

If you are mad with the backlog, then the LAST THING you want to do is ever waste your time to click on any online petitions or waste your time loitering online forums. Get out of virtual world of forums and get into the real world of calling the local office of your Congressman and Senator, setup time for meeting, and go with your friends to talk with them. It is the easiest thing to do. And that, and only that, will fix your problems. You can as well take 1000 years to understand this concept. But the change WILL ONLY come when people will engage and do their share of speaking up.

ONLINE PETITIONS IS THE REASON FOR PEOPLE NOT SPEAKING UP, WHICH IS THE REASON FOR PROLONGED BACKLOGS. PLEASE STOP NONSENSE OF ONLINE PETITION

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-07-2015 at 12:50 PM.