Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2015, 12:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Utilize your written communications skills and write an essay on how the current cruelty is a repeat of July 2007. If you are a research minded individual, highlight IV’s role in the events that unfolded in July 2007. Post here.

This will help attract more people and will inspire people to write good essays in response to the current action item.
DMX, your kind of rationale talk is what we need here. And I have done exactly what you suggested. I have emailed my congressman about the situation, quoting 2007, flower campaign, news coverage, silent protest and results therof; justifying why what happened today is disheartening and financially burdening.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2015, 12:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
max4438 is on a distinguished road

When will this descrimination based on national origin change? I have no control over where I was born. I cannot change jobs, accept promotion, I live a second class life. Am I expected to live like this for 15 to 20 years whereas others get their GC in 2 to 3 years and move on with their life?

If my employment situation changes I become out of status overnight and have to pack my bags and leave everything behind. At least the laborers and construction workers in Dubai get their passports taken and have the certainty that there is no chance of PR. Here there is no certainty. Just take my passport away and tell me I am a bonded laborer and at least there will be some certainty.

When I tell others my situation the comments I get are "why did you come here then?" "You can always go back?" But I want to stay and build a normal career. I went to a top 5 college, got one of the best jobs. And now I have to suffer the consequences of where I was born. I live for the day when people will be judged based on merit and not national origin.

P.S. things will never change, businesses are addicted to cheap/disposable workers that cannot change jobs for one to two decades. They are never going to let this sweet deal go away.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4438 View Post

When will this descrimination based on national origin change? I have no control over where I was born. I cannot change jobs, accept promotion, I live a second class life. Am I expected to live like this for 15 to 20 years whereas others get their GC in 2 to 3 years and move on with their life?

If my employment situation changes I become out of status overnight and have to pack my bags and leave everything behind. At least the laborers and construction workers in Dubai get their passports taken and have the certainty that there is no chance of PR. Here there is no certainty. Just take my passport away and tell me I am a bonded laborer and at least there will be some certainty.

When I tell others my situation the comments I get are "why did you come here then?" "You can always go back?" But I want to stay and build a normal career. I went to a top 5 college, got one of the best jobs. And now I have to suffer the consequences of where I was born. I live for the day when people will be judged based on merit and not national origin.

P.S. things will never change, businesses are addicted to cheap/disposable workers that cannot change jobs for one to two decades. They are never going to let this sweet deal go away.
Please join our efforts, and help yourself gain your freedom and identity.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:34 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
karothu is on a distinguished road
Default My dreams collasped ….. My pain with me .there is no one in this world take my fate

Ruined the Happy Days!
USCIS Bulletin released on September 9th 2015 with GOOD UNEXPECTED NEWS about Priority Dates moved to July 1st 2011. Like me thousands of fellow Indians enjoyed their happiness that day with their families and peers.
My cycle from September 9th 2015 to September 25th 2015 03:45PM…
September 9th – Contacted My employer and Lawyer to confirm NEWS
Received Congrats Notes from my lawyer – “I'm pleased inform you of the CIS approval of the I-140 for Suresh Karothu. Please see the email approval below.”
Too many wishes from Friends / Family Members and Peers…
Long waiting day – DREAMS COME TRUE – Feelings
September 10th – Fill up the I-485 Client Information form.
September 11th – Back and forth emails exchanged between Lawyers / Employers about questions and clarifications.
September 12th – Received Case Questioner from the Lawyers Office.
September 13th – Received list of documents required to file
For H1B :
1. A copy of your passport, please make sure to send us all of the pages including those blank ones
2. The most recent I-94 document. To retrieve your I-94 you may go to https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov website
5. Copy of all of your H-1B/L-1 approval notices
6. Copy of your I-140 receipt or approval notice
7. Current Offer of Permanent employment letter. We will request this letter from your employer
8. Copy of your birth certificate, if the birth certificate is not in English, please provide certified English
Translation together with the one in your native language. Make sure the birth certificate bears the names
of both of the parents.
9. Copy of any divorce decrees, if you were married to someone else prior to your current marriage. Make
sure to provide a Certified English translation together with the one in your native language.
10. Provide a total of six (6) passport style photographs for I-485, I-765 and I-131 (2 for each application)
11. A sealed Medical Examination Report. You can contact the following physicians if you are in the
You must have your medical done by a Civil Surgeon designated by USCIS)
Link to civil surgeon search: https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor

For your spouse/children:
1. Everything is the same except that we don’t need his/her Offer of Permanent employment letter.
2. Copy of your marriage certificate.
September 14th – Reviewing the documents – Biometric and other 3 applications.
September 15th – Started working on contacting doctors for medicals.
September 16th – Take an appointment with Doc 26 miles away from home. Take a special permission from office and took the children from school with special permission to Doctor.
Blood Test / Skin Test / Vaccination – Hell till today the skin test area bruised.
September 15th – Sacrificed my lunch and during that time went to Hospital to collect my Medicals.
September 16th – Started my labor work. Started scan all the passports after family went to sleep.
Every day from 10 PM to 2 PM, like that it took 4 days to complete my task.
September 21st – Started printing all the scanned work. My home printer ate 2 full cartridges.
September 22nd – Picture Day. Walgreens – per picture 11.99 for family of 4 costing $300….
Friends suggested Costco 8 copies $10 and end up with $40. But I wasted couple days.
September 23rd – Filled every document in organized way and submitted to the lawyer office during the lunch hour.
September 24th – Received a call from lawyer office that, come tomorrow for signing the paper work.
September 25th – DOOMS DAY TO MY DREAMS.
We have scheduled appointment at 3pm. Signed the original documents by 3:45pm. Lawyer assistant called the main lawyer for a quick moment out. We were so eager and waiting for her and finally she came up with a paper saying that – SORRY you are not eligible. We just blanked and no words.
MY DREAMS COLLASPED ….. MY PAIN WITH ME ….. THERE IS NO ONE IN THIS WORLD TAKE MY FATE BACK. THE ONLY GOD WHO BRINGS EVERYTHING TO ME IS USCIS.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Good then. Everybody is on the same page. I know it is very hard to be patient as we are all very anxious and sad. Hang tight and let's avoid unnecessary waste of energy in arguments.

Our energy will be needed when we follow the lead.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by karothu View Post
Ruined the Happy Days!
USCIS Bulletin released on September 9th 2015 with GOOD UNEXPECTED NEWS about Priority Dates moved to July 1st 2011. Like me thousands of fellow Indians enjoyed their happiness that day with their families and peers.
Have you submitted your story? If not please do it ASAP. Every story helps.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
max4438 is on a distinguished road

Painful to read. The sad pet is all this for not even a proper GC but EAD. Not to diminish the benefits of EAD but just wanted to remind everyone that "all this drama is not even for the GC step yet."

When will the GC step come? In 2030? Just because we were born in the wrong country? Did we get an option for our country of birth? When will descrimination based on national origin stop?

Old 09-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4438 View Post
Painful to read. The sad pet is all this for not even a proper GC but EAD. Not to diminish the benefits of EAD but just wanted to remind everyone that "all this drama is not even for the GC step yet."

When will the GC step come? In 2030? Just because we were born in the wrong country? Did we get an option for our country of birth? When will descrimination based on national origin stop?
Only if you come and join us in getting HR213 passed, you can get your GC delivered to your address before the end of this year, otherwise 2030 is a fair guess.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:13 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Srikrishna78 is on a distinguished road
Default It pains

We need to make them hear our pain and suffering, why don't we follow our leader Gandhi's footsteps and do a collective hunger strike or organized a walk to get some attention of this kind of treatment to families who are paying taxes from day one and still live peacefully.

Politicians interested in getting votes but they are not interested to hear our pain becoz we can't vote.

A right politician should address any ones injustice, not just those people who has right to vote. We need to make them answer this treatment like slaves.

I feel like if we all can pull up a organized non violent hunger strike for couple of days with families , we will get some attention.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
testman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
Well, your reading and writing skills surely back your claims. So pipe down and may be I will hire you someday when I need a janitorial manager.

Anyone is welcome to remove my original queries if they were out of context or cause.
I am here to fight any nonsense(USCIS generated or otherwise) and support a common cause.
Even before conversing with you, I was sure of your profession. Good that you brought it up.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
markved is on a distinguished road

I have already filled out the form. Also, folks please sign this white house petition https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//pe...nd-mental-loss

Old 09-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Is there any action item yet?. Waiting for something before Oct 1st

Old 09-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracka View Post
Is there any action item yet?. Waiting for something before Oct 1st
Please hang on. We will be announcing bigger action items soon where we will need the entire Indian EB community's participation.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
karthik_kh is on a distinguished road

people, if not already realized ( some after 10 - 15 yrs like me included) , here is news flash "THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THIS. PERIOD." if you dont like it well , collective every desi in the backlog should stop working and go back home. at least we wont be finger printed and asked ridiculous questions about mother's maiden name or maother-in-law's maiden name to establish one's identity and freedom. Even if I am handed a US citizenship card today, I will rub it into the ground with my boot heel and going back home.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abhayjo will become famous soon enough abhayjo will become famous soon enough
Default Stories for folks with priority date between 1st July 09 to 1st July 11 ?

Very sad with the VB reversal. The form on very first post of this thread ;is it only for folks who are directly impacted i mean between 1st July 09 to 1st July 11?

What about folks who were hoping to see their priority date becoming current soon as per the "Dates for Filing Applications" goes ? My priority date is Oct'11 and heartbroken as the VB reversal indicates that i won't get to file anytime in near future.