Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

So the lawsuit without the TRO would have been better?

To me, it makes sense that it is now difficult for Mr. CO to undo the damage, for instance even in the near term VBs, when he has publicly made statements as part of the suit why DOS had to change the VB on request of DHS. And that he had to say as a result of the TRO, if I am correct. And this makes it very hard for them to say "sorry we screwed up on Sept 25th" as that would make the case stronger that someone lied. Either his sworn statement was incorrect and/or DHS was incorrect in their calculations.

I don’t know who won or will win on this one.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by namitxyz View Post
Siskind is playing dirty politics in the name of EAD+AP/140 and lawsuit. He is claiming that the notice of proposed rule making for EAD-AP came out because of the lawsuit but the reality is far from truth. The original proposal to apply for EAD and AP on approved 140 came out on May 25th, 2015.

Look at this liar's post on his blog and twitter -

https://twitter.com/gsiskind/status/652060074807046144

He claims it came out today! Ridiculous. He is doing it so that he can diffuse the issue of lawsuit that he lost yesterday. Urging his fanboys to ask him to take down his twitter and blog page and offer a public apology for misguiding everyone, especially the innocent immigrants.

DON'T PLAY WITH OUR EMOTIONS FOR YOUR FINANCIAL GAINS YOU LOOSER!
So is the I-140 EAD/AP (AKA a billion dollar baby) rule out as a draft? That blog does not make it clear as to what is happening with I-140 EAD/AP.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
So is the I-140 EAD/AP (AKA a billion dollar baby) rule out as a draft? That blog does not make it clear as to what is happening with I-140 EAD/AP.
Exactly! That douchebag is trying to diffuse the issue of him loosing the lawsuit by throwing in EAD/AP in the mix so that people don't talk about his failure.

He is a master brander, just like donald trump.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Don't think so

Quote:
Exactly! That douchebag is trying to diffuse the issue of him loosing the lawsuit by throwing in EAD/AP in the mix so that people don't talk about his failure.

He is NOT a master brander.. look at the bigger picture of this case.. He lost the case (at least the main/first part of it)... lost his face with all the legal immigrant community (individuals/companies) ... USCIS may/can scrutinize his/law firms applications (within the applicable law) ..end of the day what did he gain??? 25K and 1000+ twitter followers, which is just peanuts for a attorney of his stature...

Old 10-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
urchin556 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

He already knew that VB is going to be reverse and he posted a blow a day before it happened. I am assuming he knows the reason why it happened and wassure of winning the case. TRO is very hard to get in cases like this though but he seems pretty confident in normal litigation.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin556 View Post
TRO is very hard to get in cases like this though but he seems pretty confident in normal litigation.
As they say, Keep your wallets in a safe place. The lawyers are coming....

Old 10-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As they say, Keep your wallets in a safe place. The lawyers are coming....
This is so true. He took us all for a ride.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monto1 is on a distinguished road

Called senators and congressman office again and explain them about the issue and the impact ,guys don't lose the steam here.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcci View Post
Thanks, Hill.

I was about to ask you a last question or clarification on the VB reversal campaign, if you will. Bingo, I saw your post

Since I bought it up, I will ask that question. Should IV leadership/Mods need to clarify the VB reversal chances as people can set their expectations and help them to not to fall trap of any false hopes given by attorneys & their stunts. Also, people can now focus on HR213 and pour their energies into it. HR213 is really a big deal.

Oh, by the way just want to reiterate as some may think I am just preaching this because I don't care about this VB reversal and it may impact future fixes. Damn, I am the VICTIM of this fiasco and spent about $6000 towards attorney, medicals, etc. Specially given the circumstances of my family, it hurts!!

P.S. I am planning to start donating again to IV.
VB reversal is a dead horse to flog now

Old 10-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I believe USCIS announced in this spring to initiate the 140-EAD rule into their rule making process for OMB this October. His tweet is implying if USCIS will still carry it out after the VB fiasco, almost like he is trying to sabotage it.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, the skilled society was screwed by siskind....in a nutshell
Don't say that on other forums. People are so touchy about their lawyers. One guy even offered to buy a plane ticket for a lawyer. I want to see a day where someone is offering plane ticket to an IV core member to travel to DC for a meeting.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
This is so true. He took us all for a ride.
I disagree with you. He has more twitter followers than all of us. Even IV does not have so many followers. So lawyers must be doing something good for all of us that so many people follow them? I do not understand the reason?

Old 10-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Don't say that on other forums. People are so touchy about their lawyers. One guy even offered to buy a plane ticket for a lawyer. I want to see a day where someone is offering plane ticket to an IV core member to travel to DC for a meeting.
That happens all the time …… my trip was fully sponsored by another member this time … so was couple of others.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Speaker race

McCarthy out of speaker race.. hope Chaffetz wins and HR213 is taken up for voting.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default Lot of negativity

I think we should stop on this negativity on whether its going to work or not or asking IV. How will IV know about it? They are just closer than the rest of us to the happenings in DC and the respective offices but ultimately the decision is with govt. We can try and influence as much as possible but no need to whine and fear cowardly about something will happen or not. Lawyers frustration - take it out on a dfifferent thread but if it is working out and contributing to the main goal then yes, put it here. Even if all of us call the rep does not guarantee that anything would be passed or revereted. I guess more patience is the key.

I saw another comment from admin, i think hil, saying something about chance. No one can predict chance but do you think that this current effort pales in comparison to 2007 July? If so, what can we do to get there ? Many people, especially with kids and who are in 40s and all go in the order of God, then lawyer and then IV since they would think lawyers are serious business but little do they know it is just a tool to add pressure from a different angle and judciary angle. Let us not say something like govt is now angry and busy with lawsuits so it will try to screw more .. we are caught in between etc.. these things take their own course and the IV advocacy is good and so are the flower campaigns and call lawmaker campaign. I joined only recently but wish had joined much earlier. I think IV is definitely a force for good and should be well established with people who have been there done than providing real guidance as to what needs to be done and not fluff.

Here are some numbers with republicans from TX and VA and similar really good listeners:

nj:
Phone: 202-224-3224
Phone: 202-224-4744

Republican
Phone: 202-225-3765

ca:
Phone: 202-224-3841
Phone: 202-224-3553

Phone: 202-225-7924
Phone: 202-225-3976
Phone: 202-225-8220 : can we come and meet up at some time with the congresswoman?

ny:

Phone: 202-224-4451

Phone: 202-224-6542

tx:
Republican
Phone: 202-224-5922

Phone: 202-224-2934

Phone: 202-225-2571

Phone: 202-225-2401

dtc:

Phone: 202-224-5852

Republican
Phone: 202-224-5941

Phone: 202-225-4431

va:
Phone: 202-224-4024
Phone: 202-224-2023

Republican
Phone: 202-225-2815

So let us keep calling whenever there is some break time.