Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
urchin556 is on a distinguished road

The problem its pale in comparison is because people from 2009-2011 only are affected and trust me no one after JUL-2011 was willing to support.I passed on petition to others who have priority date after JUL-2011 and most of them refused to signed as they are not affected.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Mr.Urchin, in fact I could not get my friend who was Jun 2011 affected by this to even subscribe to IV let alone ordering the flower or making the calls. A well, its only people from May 1 2010 - June 30 2011 who are affected, since bulk of people with dates before 1st May 2010 should have already applied 3 yrs back, except for Eb3-2 porting cases.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
urchin556 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
I agree Mr.Urchin, in fact I could not get my friend who was Jun 2011 affected by this to even subscribe to IV let alone ordering the flower or making the calls. A well, its only people from May 1 2010 - June 30 2011 who are affected, since bulk of people with dates before 1st May 2010 should have already applied 3 yrs back, except for Eb3-2 porting cases.
I agree and in my opinion people filed after May-2010 have the worst bad luck.Whoever filed before that got EAD in less than 3 years but for us its over 5 years for some and still waiting.And if I ignore the current bulletin fiasco doesn't look like it will reach JUL 2011 in next 2 years. I strongly believe that USCUS is granting more GC to chinese than the quota.
Law says that every country is entitled to 7% and spillover will go to people who applied first irrespective of county quota.

Good thing is I applied for canadian GC so just have to drive 5 hours and will be in a country where they value immigrants if anything goes wrong here.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sourab is on a distinguished road
Default Conservatives support Webster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post
McCarthy out of speaker race.. hope Chaffetz wins and HR213 is taken up for voting.
Seems like the group of Conservatives support Daniel Webster. I read somewhere that Conservative group (40 votes) are going to support Daniel Webster. Well for now it is chaotic for sure.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default need more enthu

Last time many poeple had joined includining students on f1 who were not going to be immediately impacted. See the difference .. the western european immigrants lobbied hard and silently behind the scenes without creating any ruckus. The citizens and green card holders for them united well and promptly got benefits for all. Now there is a thriving community of millions ( norway alone has some 50% population norwegians split between USA and norway - many also lobby actively to keep their business interests in norway safe) .. it is the same for most western europe thus giving USA its european character. In our group, the moment people get citizenship or green card, no need of IV anymore for them it seems. When in reality this very group can talk to their lawmakers and will have good weight if you have voting power for legislative matters in this country.

To the poster above, based on what I saw before 2002/2203 it was okay but after that you can see the eb3 still stuck there while eb2 slowly moving along. How is anyone after may 2010 having bad luck ? I followed the July 2007 fiasco but it seemed that would have essentially helped the pre-2005 group. If someone had their petition in say March 2009. EB2 never became current till that time. The adjustment of status is only now and they will get heir EAD in 2015 end which is a full 2009-2015= 7 year wait for just EAD. I agree that for those even later it would be worse but also think about the ones from 2013 or 2014 ... I think with retrogression even in adjustment of status, tomorrow they will have one for 140 approval too. It simply does not make sense. It is EAD after all .. give 140/EAD together and have them all ported if you are going to discriminate against larger population chinese and indians. They started migrating only last couple decades and obviously with this artificial scarcity in numbers, there is going to be backlog. How come there were special immigration quotas outside regular gc numbers for europeans ? If you are rich and white, apparently laws do not matter and you can make law to exempt yourself from this shit. Eb2 ever became current only till Sep 2008 if am not wrong. Those who had their PD within that time are okay. When is the next bulletin going to come. Part of the reason I stayed away from al lthis is I dont want to be looking this thing month after month. The first time I ever looked into this bulletin was in september 2015 based on friends who said it is EAD time for us. People from ukraine and former russia colonies get it in couple years so do canadians and europeans .. even the syrians might get it faster .. can you believe that ? When it comes to chinese and indians the govt seems uber cautious. There should be more transparency and we are the victims here who should have the voice and NOT the lawyers and employers and anyone else. Back in 2006/2007 it was like this and I saw this even in 2004 on the huge gc backlog due to migrants from y2k crisis. Many others decided not worth it. Especially during the recession. Many like myself were in two minds and like others have one leg in india and one here .. which of course is not going to change. It seems many immigrants to US had issues but these waiting game and patience test is way too much. They should deduct this time from the future GC wait period and atleast give GC/Citizenship stapled together. Even though this is going to affect mainly EB2 in 2009-2011 what about the ones from after that .. they will fall in the same list as EB3 is now. I dont understand why or how EB3 is quite .. unless they have quitely gone back to India and working from there till this becomes current in next couple decades. We are legal immigrants playing by the book, so there is nothing to be ashamed of here. Many studied here and proudly have and will have India relations too. Having GC or Citizenship is not going to change that. All that is being asked is fair time for processing the 140/ead/gc and it is ridiculous that we legal folks have to go thru this. Not everyone can take loan, study MS at 21 and stand in the line in 22/23. Based on the comparison with similar legal employment based immigrants from other nations it seems indians and chinese are on the similar path only and many of my european friends and koreans and japanese wait till at least 5 or 6 or 7 years before they decide to commit here for some duration of time. The chinese and indians path seems to be getting super narrower to the point that they just squeezing us out.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
VB reversal is a dead horse to flog now
Honestly……if VB reversal is dead, then IV and all of us lost on this VB fix. IV tried but in the end this “no-fix” does no good to us. This is sad.

Remember we were expecting originally that most people will benefit. In fact, when this fix started out, it was thought that ALL people were going benefit which was not done due to fear of lawsuits etc. Well now they tried the fix, changed and diluted the fix for mysterious reasons, and they are facing lawsuit by the very community itself.

Looking forward, this incident and the lawsuit will likely put more pressure on “accurate and accountable” numbers which again hurts the EB community if past is any witness. If they were able to do perfect accounting in the past, visa bulletin would not have advanced the way it did in 2011/2012. With the situation as of today, my guess is that we can say goodbye to any favorable jump in the so-called Filing Dates (same idea fear of lawsuit).
So, the lawyers won on this one going by our own argument that more people on H1b renewals is good business for them.

This is the way I see it right now and yes I am a bit mellow.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Honestly……if VB reversal is dead, then IV and all of us lost on this VB fix. IV tried but in the end this “no-fix” does no good to us. This is sad.

Remember we were expecting originally that most people will benefit. In fact, when this fix started out, it was thought that ALL people were going benefit which was not done due to fear of lawsuits etc. Well now they tried the fix, changed and diluted the fix for mysterious reasons, and they are facing lawsuit by the very community itself.

Looking forward, this incident and the lawsuit will likely put more pressure on “accurate and accountable” numbers which again hurts the EB community if past is any witness. If they were able to do perfect accounting in the past, visa bulletin would not have advanced the way it did in 2011/2012. With the situation as of today, my guess is that we can say goodbye to any favorable jump in the so-called Filing Dates (same idea fear of lawsuit).
So, the lawyers won on this one going by our own argument that more people on H1b renewals is good business for them.

This is the way I see it right now and yes I am a bit mellow.
The lawsuit could adversely affect future admin fixes. It has become confrontational and no longer friendly chat at the table in my opinion. We would have been better off without lawsuit. At least we could talk whenever we wanted and communicate.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default whats going on then ?

Thats a defeatist attitude from dmx above. I dont think one has to be anxious and give up so soon or atleast air that .. it might mellow others and bring them down when we need them desperately to call their local senators and congressmen.

What was the jump in 2011/202 ? I thought it went only till sep 2008 or so at the max. Many that i know from that PD date are still waiting. Many seem to be just lving life and taken a "comes when it comes" approach. seriosuly, even wehen and ead or gc comes the main benefit for most people are just visa stamping free experience. No one is going to disrupt the "American way of life" So cant understand this fear on teh govt side.

I had a question as I am trying to wrap my head on this issue more.
Long timers in gc line may know this but what exactly is the nitty gritty of this. In the sense that I saw for EB2, those from before September 2008 PD have got gc and the rest are waiting. They cant file the EAD too till the date becomes current. However due to recent bulletin changes, those until Sep 2009 will be able to file for EAD and still wait in the GC line correct ? For those after september 2009 till july 2011 .. they will still wait now till AoS line gets current and then file for EAD. Then they will join the above group in GC line. Is my understanding correct for EB2? Please forgive the dates as I might have messed it up. But for EB2 the above is the general story right ? All too often I find someone in EB2 from 2009 or 2010 saying they got it. Maybe they are in NIW category. My understanding was that only EB1 is current and the remaining two have to wait .. and same story for family visas too unless you are spouse .. this whole things seems to be a mess. No neatness at all and it is as if someone let it become a mess and fix bandaid since they know its only the big lines in china and india that might suffer. Funny thing is chinese also seem to be getting it faster than the indians. their eb2 and eb3 is comparatively faster. I mean, whats really going on here ??

Old 10-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

john_jony - I am not defeated yet! I am going after my Reps in two weeks and I will still follow action items and following up with them about VB reversal.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_jony View Post
Thats a defeatist attitude from dmx above. I dont think one has to be anxious and give up so soon or atleast air that .. it might mellow others and bring them down when we need them desperately to call their local senators and congressmen.

What was the jump in 2011/202 ? I thought it went only till sep 2008 or so at the max. Many that i know from that PD date are still waiting. Many seem to be just lving life and taken a "comes when it comes" approach. seriosuly, even wehen and ead or gc comes the main benefit for most people are just visa stamping free experience. No one is going to disrupt the "American way of life" So cant understand this fear on teh govt side.

I had a question as I am trying to wrap my head on this issue more.
Long timers in gc line may know this but what exactly is the nitty gritty of this. In the sense that I saw for EB2, those from before September 2008 PD have got gc and the rest are waiting. They cant file the EAD too till the date becomes current. However due to recent bulletin changes, those until Sep 2009 will be able to file for EAD and still wait in the GC line correct ? For those after september 2009 till july 2011 .. they will still wait now till AoS line gets current and then file for EAD. Then they will join the above group in GC line. Is my understanding correct for EB2? Please forgive the dates as I might have messed it up. But for EB2 the above is the general story right ? All too often I find someone in EB2 from 2009 or 2010 saying they got it. Maybe they are in NIW category. My understanding was that only EB1 is current and the remaining two have to wait .. and same story for family visas too unless you are spouse .. this whole things seems to be a mess. No neatness at all and it is as if someone let it become a mess and fix bandaid since they know its only the big lines in china and india that might suffer. Funny thing is chinese also seem to be getting it faster than the indians. their eb2 and eb3 is comparatively faster. I mean, whats really going on here ??
Don't give up. Keep making the phone calls. IV wouldn't have put up an action item otherwise. There must be something cooking.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

IV volunteers do not give up on us - even in the dark days after HR.3012 was defeated.

We should not give up on them - keep following the action items.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

john_jony: EB2 India dates came the way to 1st May 2010 in 2012, you can refer old bulletins.
And we are talking about greencard, just filing i485 and getting EAD/AP.

And for why Chinese dates are moving faster, look at the pending 485 inventory.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Typos in my last post..

john_jony: EB2 India dates came all the way to 1st May 2010 in 2012, you can refer old bulletins.
And we are not talking about green card, just filing i485 and getting EAD/AP.

And for why Chinese dates are moving faster, look at the pending 485 inventory.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default right ..

oh ok .. since it came till may 2010 in 2012 i guess all of indian eb2 till then would have been cleared which means there should be less ead filing till that time in the current AoS line. Then the gc stories I heard from others makes sense now .. 2010 is slow but seems hopeful.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default numbers

2009-2012 was not very good with employment numbers .. 2007 market and hriging was up and 2008 recession and job shedding began but the number of h1s and gc filing was temperate then .. I distinctly remember 2011 was when some hiring picked up yet h1s were not getting fully alloted even in 2011 and 2012 .. likely till 2013. There was somewhere a shift too when people started extensively preferring short term projects and h1s were more about returning back rather than waste time on gc line. That coincided with the rise is MS and graduate students being sent from india which started to really pick up after 2010 when it started to send on par with china. In 2012 if the eb2 was 2010 may then in 2015 end, it should reached 2012 or 2013. I hope there is no fudging going around inside.