Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoon786 View Post
OMG!!! You are hilarious. Dragging kids into it....seriously?...whose kids did he drag?
Dude! Quote the original thread that your buddy posted.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
Overreaction really. Can guarantee people will get EAD in 6 months to 1 year ? They have backtracked. What's the guarantee they don't in future ? It is more about accountability.
Nov bulletin will give us a clue as to what USCIS plan to do. With the VB reversal , they proved that they can retrogress the filing date so it is naive to think July 2011 date will be current within 6 months or a year.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rahdirs is on a distinguished road
Default Employment-Based Immigration Modernization 1615-AC05

So Gregg had been blogging yday about the 1615-AC05 but I was a bit baffled as others as to why he was talking about this now since it was a very old one. Did a bit of digging on Twitter and found this on William Stock's tweet that this rule is now with OMB https://twitter.com/wstock215/status/652189167061999616 Not sure if it was with OMB earlier as well..

Old 10-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maga View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
Tracka and maga and all the other idiots who cheerleaded Greg without understanding the consequences .... You kids need to go away and play where you can't hurt yourselves...
If he had said..your kids then yes, I would have agreed with you.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahdirs View Post
So Gregg had been blogging yday about the 1615-AC05 but I was a bit baffled as others as to why he was talking about this now since it was a very old one. Did a bit of digging on Twitter and found this on William Stock's tweet that this rule is now with OMB https://twitter.com/wstock215/status/652189167061999616 Not sure if it was with OMB earlier as well..
Another douche lawyer, stating the obvious to make you kids feel better.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
Tracka and maga and all the other idiots who cheerleaded Greg without understanding the consequences .... You kids need to go away and play where you can't hurt yourselves...
Quote:
Quote:
So was it with OMB earlier?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
I doubt there will be any negative impact on lawsuit. Even there will not be positive impact unless there is success in the lawsuit. This time chance of VB reversal is almost nil as the reaction was completely expected by USCIS. You are doing all the actions done because of success in 2007. Similarly USCIS might have well thought about it because they decided when they cancelled the conference. They might take 2 weeks to consult legal experts and might have got approval from WH also. Basically after Sept 9 VB they realized that there was some mistake in VB and correction was issued. I heard the impacted persons are around 10 to 20k for Eb2. Even in that most of them could get EAD within 6 months to 1 year as PD is expected to move forward. So it was over reaction from lawyers as well IV. But USCIS was sincere in fixes which was announced by President EO except some anticipated delay
Exactly! It is never the "My Way or Highway". The American democratic setup is over 200 years old and is mature enough not to react to individual lawsuits and advocacy groups. Of Course Advocacy, Litigation are important tools to influence policy - But the attorneys and advocacy groups are day-dreaming if they think that only their actions can make or break a policy direction. Some members of IV need to stop this one-upmanship and stop trying to blame the lawsuit for VB not getting reversed. It is really disingenuous and dishonest.

IV supported the lawsuit knowing fully well that it is unwinnable and to "check a box" as claimed by a senior member. Fair enough. Dint they know the consequences? Dint they know that it would have negative impacts? What changed between the day they supported and a couple of days later when they started maligning the attorneys team? If it was the quality of the lawsuit that was being questioned , then it would have been fair. Reading from the threads - it appears some IV members have issues with Greg tweeting and fundraising. I have not seen anything else that is substantial.

This whole argument is flawed and self defeating for IV. If they claim that one attorney's lawsuit can undo all advocacy efforts , then what is the guarantee that some well-funded "Anti Immigration/Immigrant Group" will not just file a lawsuit and the Govt will buckle down and all EO actions will be shut off - inspite of all the advocacy efforts of IV? To the Contrary, I believe in the opposite.

Advocacy has its own place so does other tools like Litigation. It is not a zero-sum game. It is in the immigrants best interest if different stakeholders can come together tactically (or transitionally as one of the IV members put it) to fight for a common cause even though their strategic long term objectives may differ.

I rest my case here - Time to move on.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
sorry.. for the multiquote... tigger happy morning! Was this with the OMB earlier or is it a new development?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Sorry my bad. I apologize. I think I read "You Kids" as "Your Kids". I take back my "Dragging Kids is obnoxious" part of my comment.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Sorry my bad. I apologize. I think I read "You Kids" as "Your Kids". I take back my "Dragging Kids is obnoxious" part of my comment.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
sorry.. for the multiquote... tigger happy morning! Was this with the OMB earlier or is it a new development?
Oh! Ok. This was an old one. No new development. Greg stepped back and confirmed it was an old one after somebody else called him out on this

Old 10-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
IV supported the lawsuit knowing fully well that it is unwinnable and to "check a box" as claimed by a senior member. Fair enough. Dint they know the consequences? Dint they know that it would have negative impacts? What changed between the day they supported and a couple of days later when they started maligning the attorneys team? If it was the quality of the lawsuit that was being questioned , then it would have been fair. Reading from the threads - it appears some IV members have issues with Greg tweeting and fundraising. I have not seen anything else that is substantial.
This VB rollback was always going to attract a lawsuit and neither IV or you or me cannot tell anyone not to sue.

This was screwed up because of lawyer incompetence. IV are not a legal organization, I can see why as an advocacy organization they wanted to see more pressure on the Administration.

I still don't understand what Siskind gained out of the TRO. From his blog, he says he gained this:
Quote:
But what we couldn’t say earlier was that quickly filing the TRO was also important regardless of whether we won this initial motion because we needed to force the government to give an immediate, sworn explanation for its abrupt rescission and replacement of the October Visa Bulletin.
As a lawyer he should have known that now Administration will have to defend this position and it will make compromise harder. But he still tweets asking for advocacy help. This was a deliberate strategy by an incompetent lawyer - he filed a motion knowing that he was going to loose and as a lawyer he had to have known the consequences.

IV is not a legal organization and I don't know if they have any lawyers working for them - given what they were complaining about donations and the heartburn about 25K, they probably can't afford one. This is Siskind's screwup (and ours for funding him). IV spoke up against funding him - and we yelled at them for that - we should have listened.

If you want to blame someone, blame this guy.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
It is in "proposed rule stage", so means eff all at this point until they publish it into their rule making process which really initiates it...they have time for public comments for 30 days and then review comments for 30-60 days...and then enter into final rule making stage...that's another 30 to 90 days....similar to the H4 EAD rule, but that dragged on for a year more than it should have due to WH's inclusion of it in the EO's.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Couldn't help posting this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unknown.jpg (51.1 KB, 61 views)

Old 10-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
It is in "proposed rule stage", so means eff all at this point until they publish it into their rule making process which really initiates it...they have time for public comments for 30 days and then review comments for 30-60 days...and then enter into final rule making stage...that's another 30 to 90 days....similar to the H4 EAD rule, but that dragged on for a year more than it should have due to WH's inclusion of it in the EO's.
Ahh.. thanks bud! So I am assuming that it is status quo at this point as far as this rule is concerned.