Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2015, 09:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayjo View Post
Very sad with the VB reversal. The form on very first post of this thread ;is it only for folks who are directly impacted i mean between 1st July 09 to 1st July 11?

What about folks who were hoping to see their priority date becoming current soon as per the "Dates for Filing Applications" goes ? My priority date is Oct'11 and heartbroken as the VB reversal indicates that i won't get to file anytime in near future.
Guess it will hard fought effort to get back VB to what they were - Even if thats done , it would may mean no further movements for years to come .

Looking at bigger picture , we all should rally behind IV to get other fixes including HR213 and action items as they provide .
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by markved View Post
I have already filled out the form. Also, folks please sign this white house petition https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//pe...nd-mental-loss
Well, our positions on petitions are well known for reasons we have shared many many times. In short, that petition is going to go in a black hole somewhere.

Apparently Immigration Attorney Greg Siskind (whom some of us like) has apparently been getting 5 emails/minute for a lawsuit, if you want to participate, the information required is here

However, lawsuits are expensive and some of us think this is posturing. Ordinarily Suing is an expensive affair and suing the Government, even more so. It wouldn't surprise some of us if this is just a nice way for him to get his name out there and build up a database of potential clients.

I would be love to be proven wrong, at the rate of 5 emails/minute, Greg should have enough potential clients for a lawsuit. I guess we will see for ourselves when he gets around to suing them and how he reacts if DHS comes out swinging. I honestly wish him all the best and hope to see a lawsuit soon. Relief from this ridiculous situation will be welcomed by all, regardless of the avenue.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 09-26-2015, 09:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rankitt is on a distinguished road

Any idea why this thing happened ?

Old 09-26-2015, 09:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Well, our positions on petitions are well known for reasons we have shared many many times. In short, that petition is going to go in a black hole somewhere.

Apparently Immigration Attorney Greg Siskind (whom some of us like) has apparently been getting 5 emails/minute for a lawsuit, if you want to participate, the information required is here

However, lawsuits are expensive and some of us think this is posturing. Ordinarily Suing is an expensive affair and suing the Government, even more so. It wouldn't surprise some of us if this is just a nice way for him to get his name out there and build up a database of potential clients.

I would be love to be proven wrong, at the rate of 5 emails/minute, Greg should have enough potential clients for a lawsuit. I guess we will see for ourselves when he gets around to suing them and how he reacts if DHS comes out swinging. I honestly wish him all the best and hope to see a lawsuit soon. Relief from this ridiculous situation will be welcomed by all, regardless of the avenue.
Hil ,

Just a thought /question - This fiasco seems to reflect some infighting within USCIS . Does this bode ill for any future fixes that were hoping ?
USCIS seems to have no respect for EO and may not implement any further fixes ( i140 EAD , etc. ) or delay things as they like , knowing very well they cant be challenged .

Old 09-26-2015, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

We are about to announce a detailed plan in our response to the incompetency of DHS. Please standby by for more details. As difficult as this awful event might be for us, our families and friends, please DO NOT waste energy on petitions or become instruments in the hands of immigration lawyers. We need all hands on the deck, and there is no room for wasting energies on frivolous and unless petitions on ANY websites. If you look around, you will see that NO policy change or law change was EVER be brought by online petition. And that is a fact.

We think some lawyers are using this awful event to market themselves. They are engaged in self-promotion. We don't think they will do anything meaningful even though they might be posturing to make tall claims. We ask that you not fall for these shenanigans. Please DO NOT expect others to do anything for you, least of all Immigration lawyers. If you want justice, you have to stand up for yourself and ask your friends to stand up with you. It will be unwise to expect immigration lawyers to do anything worthwhile to resolve this awful mess with the visa bulletin.

We need everyone to step up and do their share. Later today we will be announcing immediate response plan. This will evolve as things progress in coming days, but we cannot relent and give in to what DHS has done with the Visa Bulletin. This is where we need the positive energies and good intentions of everyone to come together to ask for justice and fairness.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

just received an email from my employer's attorney (saturday morning ) that AILA is instructing members to ignore the new VB and file the AOS petitions based on the original VB.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-10
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vicky23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
just received an email from my employer's attorney (saturday morning ) that AILA is instructing members to ignore the new VB and file the AOS petitions based on the original VB.
What that mean? is that a good news?

Old 09-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky23 View Post
What that mean? is that a good news?
don't know ….. doesn't look like one to me. USCIS is going to return those applications. I believe this is AILA's way of justifying the fees lawyers collected from clients.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
We are about to announce a detailed plan in our response to the incompetency of DHS. Please standby by for more details. As difficult as this awful event might be for us, our families and friends, please DO NOT waste energy on petitions or become instruments in the hands of immigration lawyers. We need all hands on the deck, and there is no room for wasting energies on frivolous and unless petitions on ANY websites. If you look around, you will see that NO policy change or law change was EVER be brought by online petition. And that is a fact.

We think some lawyers are using this awful event to market themselves. They are engaged in self-promotion. We don't think they will do anything meaningful even though they might be posturing to make tall claims. We ask that you not fall for these shenanigans. Please DO NOT expect others to do anything for you, least of all Immigration lawyers. If you want justice, you have to stand up for yourself and ask your friends to stand up with you. It will be unwise to expect immigration lawyers to do anything worthwhile to resolve this awful mess with the visa bulletin.

We need everyone to step up and do their share. Later today we will be announcing immediate response plan. This will evolve as things progress in coming days, but we cannot relent and give in to what DHS has done with the Visa Bulletin. This is where we need the positive energies and good intentions of everyone to come together to ask for justice and fairness.
I have a different opinion on this. The date changes appears to be a minor correction in the figures between DHS and USCIS. Is this kind of drastic action necessary to burn the bridges of goodwill IV has already generated ? Few thousands of people including me are affected. Tough luck, but get over it. It was anyways only a minor prize in our quest for GC.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
I have a different opinion on this. The date changes appears to be a minor correction in the figures between DHS and USCIS. Is this kind of drastic action necessary to burn the bridges of goodwill IV has already generated ? Few thousands of people including me are affected. Tough luck, but get over it. It was anyways only a minor prize in our quest for GC.
You seem to argue as if there is a deal to be made, and by not speaking about this injustice or giving-in we are getting something else in return. That is not true. If anything, we need to push for better fixes, and this is our push-back on the incompetency of DHS. It doesn't matter if you or some one else disagree. No matter what we do, there will always be people who will disagree. To us, all that matters is if we know in our heart that this is the right thing to do, and we know that it is.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs up Urgent action items:

Please favorite and RT the following on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/647781826455470080

Old 09-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
What do you suggest? The way dates are, they may not move for a long time. Green card will take decade to come by.

No EO fixes announced yet. How does one know if USCIS is on board, especially after this.

Why have 2 dates, especially when dates have been up to 2010 and now pushed back to July, 2009. That doesn't help anyone.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Guys stay focussed on the action items. No time to waste on arguments. Please move on, and help us and yourself by participating in the action items.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
You seem to argue as if there is a deal to be made, and by not speaking about this injustice or giving-in we are getting something else in return. That is not true. If anything, we need to push for better fixes, and this is our push-back on the incompetency of DHS. It doesn't matter if you or some one else disagree. No matter what we do, there will always be people who will disagree. To us, all that matters is if we know in our heart that this is the right thing to do, and we know that it is.
Are there any action items for folks who are not on Twitter?

Old 09-26-2015, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd052011 View Post
Are there any action items for folks who are not on Twitter?
Detailed action items are coming within few hours.