Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by student79 View Post
I am surprise to see China filling dates:

EB2 1st Jan 2013
EB3 1st Oct 2013

I really don't understand this part.

Is this specifically discrimination to Indian community ?
No, India's backlog is much bigger than China.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
student79 is on a distinguished road

I think that is correct.

Some attorney tried pretended, that they filed lawsuit with support of Indian community ?

and this actually harmed adversely.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Lets move on with our visa renewals and driver licenses. Meanwhile I urge you to keep funding on behalf of the EB community until my priority date is current. Your dollars might go a looooooong way.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Lets move on with our visa renewals and driver licenses. Meanwhile I urge you to keep funding on behalf of the EB community until my priority date is current. Your dollars might go a looooooong way.
Good call. I am joining a state chapter today. chalo time take your own fate in your hands.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iamdeb is on a distinguished road

now that i look at it from a different angle i am getting a new perspective on the Greg lawsuit.. greg knew from his sources about the reversal day before..i am sure he has some good connection with uscis..maybe he purposely lured us into filing the lawsuit knowing this was going to happen..(reference movie Promised Land)

Old 10-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kartik1378 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Flower campaign was not successful because of lawsuit. You cannot confront when negotiating at the same time.

25K went to one person pocket. 300k did not go to IV account. I find it funny to see even someone comparing.
You are really funny! sending flowers only could changed the dates? you should remember the people here on the forum have common sense about the issue.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bigapple11 is on a distinguished road

Someone send me the next petition to protest for the Nov VB?

How about another flower campaign for the Nov VB?

And let's contact Greg S - so that he can throw another lawsuit at USCIS for the unfair Nov VB.

Let's keep on protesting, raising voice, creating unnecessary noise - yes that's the best way to move fwd.

Great job.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
student79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigapple11 View Post
Someone send me the next petition to protest for the Nov VB?

How about another flower campaign for the Nov VB?

And let's contact Greg S - so that he can throw another lawsuit at USCIS for the unfair Nov VB.

Let's keep on protesting, raising voice, creating unnecessary noise - yes that's the best way to move fwd.

Great job.
Can we stop talking about Greg and all other attorneys ?

Let's support IV, if you guys really want to get all this mess fix. Other wise just live with this situation.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
Good call. I am joining a state chapter today. chalo time take your own fate in your hands.
Yep. I have joined and I am looking forward to do something myself. I have learned now that there is no point in speculating and reading every tweet. Loss of energy and no real gain.

Once in a while, its fun to do lawyer bashing.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default what next?

Guess the nov bulletin did not offer any hope after all. Who knows whats going to happen in future.

Advocacy vs Litigation - I think both are needed but IV is on the right path with advovacy actions and thoughts and also have the community support. I wish more people will get involved. We need numbers. And it is natural for people who are deeply involved to feel passionate about the merits of advocacy approach compared to any other strategy. I also get it that many were pissed off that gullible people in their emotions, maybe weak state of mind, and most likely hopeful of getting GC done contributed to a lawsuit in thousands. I dont think it is fair to say that a lawsuit itself can harm anything. But we should be mindful of that and it does not undermine the advocacy relationships built slowly over time and with boquets which was a very nice touch. Lawsuits break relationships and it is hard to ascertain people feelings once sued. HAving said that, all are big boys and certainly US govt agencies. If they talk, then lawsuit can be nullified. I personally am not lawyer fan but would say such cases should be on pro bono and not with such huge amount as 25 grand. Even if it were to amount to per head contribution to less than 100. And I also get why someone who has spent years in the GC line and thousands and earns lot of money would worry about a few hundred dollars in both litigation and advocacy efforts. But push comes to shove, let us take the advocacy route, contribute money there and be united. Also, let us document what happened to this lawsuit and put it out there so that when this again happens in 2018 and 2023 and so on .. future generations will know not to hedge all the eggs in that basket. People get emotional sometimes and throw all tools on a problem.

What next? We should probably soldier on and not lose this unity and continue with our effforts despite temporary setbacks. The main goal should be well documented so that it is clear for any lawyer or outsider, should they wish to join, to SEE clearly and act according to that. We dont know who this or that lawyer is .Maybe they are a mole set up by someone. There were lot of such moles set up by intellingence agencies in occupy wallstreet movements for sure. Many talk kindly, gain trust, act and think initially in your best interest. Be vigilant. State the goal and verify each step whether the person thinkings and actions are in line with this goal. If not, raise it in this forum. And trust and then verify well. In internet, users are anonymous and we dont know if anyone here is just trolling the rest of us so dont get distracted and get into physical meetings and build relationships and support community while calling out bs posted by trolled here and removing them from the narrative or conversation. I think IV should also discuss openly with their contacts in administration, state dept and uscis/dhs about their view on lawsuit. We are all adults here and out of court settlement is often the preferred route. Have the lawyer also present and if it is determined that that route is not in the best interests let us cut them out immediately. Of course those who still believe in that route can go with it. It is religions and sects. Anyhow, it was great so far on the various campaigns. IV is not visible in big temples of NY and NY and cultural organizations of places like VA or TX or CA .. these are all important places where you have to have your presence. Maybe create a danga about HR 213, have action item to call again all the lawmakers for theirr support for this. Either they are with us or against us. One day this line will move and we all will become citizens and will have to repay all this in kind. Dont push the ladder down on fellow community folks instead bring them up all on board quickly.
I will call up few more times the local lawmakers over the next few weeks and continue till the next action items are posted and let us not get distracted by lawsuits and all that. There is always going to be people who act in other directions that they strong feel. Like in India or USA freedom struggle. Let us keep our goal in minds and keep pressing along. I also commend the IV commenters and admin here who openly came out against the funding idea of lawyer. And those who did - dont lose heart as you just did something that you thought will pay off. Who knows the govt will bring it back current in next couple months and this lawsuit would be nullified soon.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

John - I like your posts. Really like it.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rahdirs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_jony View Post
Guess the nov bulletin did not offer any hope after all. Who knows whats going to happen in future.

Advocacy vs Litigation - I think both are needed but IV is on the right path with advovacy actions and thoughts and also have the community support. I wish more people will get involved. We need numbers. And it is natural for people who are deeply involved to feel passionate about the merits of advocacy approach compared to any other strategy. I also get it that many were pissed off that gullible people in their emotions, maybe weak state of mind, and most likely hopeful of getting GC done contributed to a lawsuit in thousands. I dont think it is fair to say that a lawsuit itself can harm anything. But we should be mindful of that and it does not undermine the advocacy relationships built slowly over time and with boquets which was a very nice touch. Lawsuits break relationships and it is hard to ascertain people feelings once sued. HAving said that, all are big boys and certainly US govt agencies. If they talk, then lawsuit can be nullified. I personally am not lawyer fan but would say such cases should be on pro bono and not with such huge amount as 25 grand. Even if it were to amount to per head contribution to less than 100. And I also get why someone who has spent years in the GC line and thousands and earns lot of money would worry about a few hundred dollars in both litigation and advocacy efforts. But push comes to shove, let us take the advocacy route, contribute money there and be united. Also, let us document what happened to this lawsuit and put it out there so that when this again happens in 2018 and 2023 and so on .. future generations will know not to hedge all the eggs in that basket. People get emotional sometimes and throw all tools on a problem.

What next? We should probably soldier on and not lose this unity and continue with our effforts despite temporary setbacks. The main goal should be well documented so that it is clear for any lawyer or outsider, should they wish to join, to SEE clearly and act according to that. We dont know who this or that lawyer is .Maybe they are a mole set up by someone. There were lot of such moles set up by intellingence agencies in occupy wallstreet movements for sure. Many talk kindly, gain trust, act and think initially in your best interest. Be vigilant. State the goal and verify each step whether the person thinkings and actions are in line with this goal. If not, raise it in this forum. And trust and then verify well. In internet, users are anonymous and we dont know if anyone here is just trolling the rest of us so dont get distracted and get into physical meetings and build relationships and support community while calling out bs posted by trolled here and removing them from the narrative or conversation. I think IV should also discuss openly with their contacts in administration, state dept and uscis/dhs about their view on lawsuit. We are all adults here and out of court settlement is often the preferred route. Have the lawyer also present and if it is determined that that route is not in the best interests let us cut them out immediately. Of course those who still believe in that route can go with it. It is religions and sects. Anyhow, it was great so far on the various campaigns. IV is not visible in big temples of NY and NY and cultural organizations of places like VA or TX or CA .. these are all important places where you have to have your presence. Maybe create a danga about HR 213, have action item to call again all the lawmakers for theirr support for this. Either they are with us or against us. One day this line will move and we all will become citizens and will have to repay all this in kind. Dont push the ladder down on fellow community folks instead bring them up all on board quickly.
I will call up few more times the local lawmakers over the next few weeks and continue till the next action items are posted and let us not get distracted by lawsuits and all that. There is always going to be people who act in other directions that they strong feel. Like in India or USA freedom struggle. Let us keep our goal in minds and keep pressing along. I also commend the IV commenters and admin here who openly came out against the funding idea of lawyer. And those who did - dont lose heart as you just did something that you thought will pay off. Who knows the govt will bring it back current in next couple months and this lawsuit would be nullified soon.
Amen to that..

Old 10-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by student79 View Post
Can we stop talking about Greg and all other attorneys ?

How will stop talking help? Maybe if we highlight the knee jerk reaction that a lot of us took, it might dissuade us from doing the same again.

Let's support IV, if you guys really want to get all this mess fix. Other wise just live with this situation.
Yes, we support IV and that's the reason we are here. Please don't state the obvious.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_jony View Post

Nicely said!!

Old 10-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default thanks ..

yes we need some positive energy reinforcements in here .. all the time, h1bs work diligently in their big organizations, silently living their lives. They need a common organization that addresses their needs . At the end of the day, it is the classic american immigrant story about a guy from india who is working hard and climbing the ladder by sheer hard work. So let us not deviate from this story and have side actors like lawyers or twietters or facebooks steal the limelight from our main hero - the good guy h1b who is soldiering on in the legal immigrant queue.

I am in CA chapter and if you are all in there we could meet up in Los Angeles area sometime and also meet up the local lawmakers. I am still waiting on the Hahn one from San Pedro. Will call them and get support for HR213 regardless of what situation we all end up in. A lot of folks across different age groups are there in this line. You would be really surprised and many with kids obviously have their own priorities and hence IV also have to be fast in communicating what to do and what not to or is not advisable in future. A link in this forum with comments disabled on that, with email to all, tweet, fb, any other social media, telegram or pigeon delivered letter .. will go a long way. Clarity is important folks. Take this as serious as the production project that you do in day to day lives.