Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2015, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Frank - there are number crunchers out there who pride themselves with Spillover calculation etc. Predict spillover or date movement based on garbage in garbage out. They will feel great.

You being Frank Underwood, why don't you ask Doug to put this rest?
You might think that but I can't possibly comment.

All I can say is that Siskind needs to go...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcci is on a distinguished road
Default Hope IV nails this time

I wouldn't worry much about what's going on with attorney's and their agenda related to Visagate. It doesn't help to bloat or bashing in the forums either. Like i said in one of my previous post, If we hurt by this incident then how bad IV was hurt? Deep down my heart, I know they are still working in the background and they want to win this for them and then us. It may delay a bit but we will win. Please be patient while they fix this and also I would recommend all to work with them when required. Bashing or bloating may hurt our cause more worse than fixing it. We all are in to this mess at the end of the day.

Thanks,
Cricket Rocks

Old 10-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Pulp - I share your feelings as I wake up with those feelings since Sept 26th. My opearting assumption is that this thread and action items current and future are still on. Just as you said, IV or Hil have been silent on the feasibility of VB fiasco since a couple of days. There was post a couple of days ago on IV talking about challenges but I cannot find that post now. If it is any hope, IV silence in my opinion is an indication that they are still working for us in the background.

Our time-pass comments here just that. Once an action item is out, we will stop and follow.

It's weekend. Let's do something fun and enjoy with our families.
time will resolve all the problems. I think AD will move at least end of 2010 or even to 2011 mid in 1 year time. Otherwise business as usual. I doubt anything major is happening in the background.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sarumaha is infamous around these parts

Hi Pulpfiction, if you get a meeting with a congressman in MA, please let me know. I would like to join you if i can. Thank you

Old 10-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
@IV are we still trying to resolve this VB fiasco? There has been no action items or updates last 2 days. All I see is on the forum is ppl deriving some sort of sadistic pleasure deriding each other when all of us are depressed because of the same issue.I truly hope that IV is pressing this issue forward behind all this. I would appreciate if IV publishes an action item or even reiterates one, just so that people who are really giving it importance and making those calls and meetings don't lose motivation.
On a side note I received a call back from the local congressmans office (MA 08) for a meeting I had requested. They said they would provide me an appointment by early next Week. They also needed the exact number of people impacted by the issue in MA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarumaha View Post
Hi Pulpfiction, if you get a meeting with a congressman in MA, please let me know. I would like to join you if i can. Thank you
Please join the IV MA state chapter on facebook. There are people there who probably know these offices and could advise you on strategy.

Thank you.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-10-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I have a new theory about their theory.

Stay tuned. I will blog it here.

I need a number cruncher.

I am about to vomit.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iamdeb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
I am posting in a thread titled ''are you impacted by the VB reversal?'. Beats me why have this thread then? I have been mentioning HR 213 in all my conversations so far with the staffers. And yes I am concerned about my PD and I am pissed that after having put up with the inefficiencies of these agencies for more than a decade they have taken it up a notch and are now making people burn their money in broad daylight. I really don't care about a few 1000 dollars but id rather give it to charity and I know what that means to ppl struggling to just get by. If they get away with this, everything else is going to the dogs. Again my question is not a loaded one, are we actively pursuing a resolution to this among other long term items? Of course, I don't expect anyone to say 'No' all I am suggesting is a simple note or an update on the action items will reassure those of us who have been supporting these action items.
well if you want to give money to charity then you might as well subscribe for a $100 monthly donation for 12 months with IV. also if you are so concerned about your PD then why did you support Greg with the lawsuit without verifying if that is the right approach. initially when Greg had false bravado about winning the TRO that time you kept tooting his horn and ignored IV advice about not falling for a lawyer's guile. Now that jig is up you come running to IV for help.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Padala is on a distinguished road

One positive news regarding legal immigrants in recent days is STEM OPT rule making is quickly taken up by DHS.

Government agencies are not lazy/reluctant on pushing STEM OPT rule as they are doing with I140 EAD or EO on visa bulletin. What is the different approach by people that make Govt agencies take different stand for STEM OPT than other?

We should think about it, I did not see any organization actively pushed for STEM OPT (at least I don’t know). Only major thing (which is different from other ) is all F1 guys signed the White house petition with more than 100k signatures in 1 month and showed their strength.

Does is mean white house petition has some weight? It may not be worth until it reaches 100k?
At least it tells the strength of people who are interested on it?

None of the other petition that we are actively pursuing has a petition with 100k signatures?
I am not active blogger or expert in these matters but trying to analyze what makes STEM OPT so different for DHS compared to EB backlog?

Old 10-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padala View Post
One positive news regarding legal immigrants in recent days is STEM OPT rule making is quickly taken up by DHS.

Government agencies are not lazy/reluctant on pushing STEM OPT rule as they are doing with I140 EAD or EO on visa bulletin. What is the different approach by people that make Govt agencies take different stand for STEM OPT than other?

We should think about it, I did not see any organization actively pushed for STEM OPT (at least I don’t know). Only major thing (which is different from other ) is all F1 guys signed the White house petition with more than 100k signatures in 1 month and showed their strength.

Does is mean white house petition has some weight? It may not be worth until it reaches 100k?
At least it tells the strength of people who are interested on it?

None of the other petition that we are actively pursuing has a petition with 100k signatures?
I am not active blogger or expert in these matters but trying to analyze what makes STEM OPT so different for DHS compared to EB backlog?
This was addressed earlier. I also forgot to mention that OPT rule is on a deadline, the judge threw it our effective earlier next year, so quite naturally they expedited the rule-making process.

Please stop wasting peoples time even talking about petitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
OPT rule is coming. WH will say, "we heard your voices loud and clear blah blah blah we are so great & work so hard blah blah blah"

We know that OPT rule is happening because companies are pushing very hard for this. We have been in several meetings that were supposed to be about the broader EO, that end up being consumed with the OPT rule.

That is how things really work. Don't get sucked into the "petition" hype, it is all behind the scenes lobbying.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-11-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pulpfiction is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarumaha View Post
Will do bud.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pulpfiction is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Please join the IV MA state chapter on facebook. There are people there who probably know these offices and could advise you on strategy.

Thank you.
Will do, thanks.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice
Default Here me out!

Assuming inventory data published by USCIS is correction, here is what I think about the theory that most intellectuals probably talked about with their spouses.

According to the July pending 485 inventory data, assuming most people with 2008 PD already received immigrant visa numbers, there are about 4000 people with EB2 PD before July 2009. These are predominantly Indian nationals.

A big unknown is the number of EB3 Indians who now have EB2 I-140 with the recaptured PD with dates before July 2009. The number crunchers or USCIS have no way of predicting this (unless of course the government says now that the July 2009 date will likely help them better predict the porting!). I bet this is annoying the number crunchers as hell. Here, an assumption is needed. Either one assumes that all EB3 are porting or none are porting or a fraction is porting but it is anybody’s guess. Looks like the blog assumed conveniently that a small, perhaps negligible, fraction is porting as it is in their favor to make this assumption. By the same token, it is in government’s interest to argue that, in the absence of estimation method, they assumed all are porting. With that assumption, the number of applicants in the pool with priority date before July 2009 is increased by more than ~20,000 EB3 folks. The total comes to 24,000. Argument can be made either way since we are just theorizing.

Now, to the argument that there will be ~30,000 numbers available for EB2 this year, it is anybody’s guess. If this claim is correct, we will file AOS even without/before a favorable outcome of the lawsuit assuming it drags on similar to the others that we already know about. That too, we will file in the next 9 months in which period they expect to use most visa numbers with the expectation of leaving a smaller % for the last quarter. Rejoice! If the argument is correct that is.

Finally, coming to the repeated and hyped reference to the Thanksgiving turkey, either the government likes and uses that idea or it does not. What you cannot have is on/off application of this famous theory as it is theorized to have applied in 2007 and possibly again in 2012. If my reading of the government response is correct, they are openly saying that the Turkey never made it in and with this reversal they have no intent to buy the turkey either (let alone giving us a piece). After all, the law allows for chicken nuggets if nuggets are “immediately available”.

My point is the blog seems to be telling the people what they want to hear. As the nerds say “all models are wrong but some are useful.”

Let us focus on putting the pressure as that is the only way for possible immediate relief!

- Not a Number Cruncher.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Assuming inventory data published by USCIS is correction, here is what I think about the theory that most intellectuals probably talked about with their spouses.

According to the July pending 485 inventory data, assuming most people with 2008 PD already received immigrant visa numbers, there are about 4000 people with EB2 PD before July 2009. These are predominantly Indian nationals.

A big unknown is the number of EB3 Indians who now have EB2 I-140 with the recaptured PD with dates before July 2009. The number crunchers or USCIS have no way of predicting this (unless of course the government says now that the July 2009 date will likely help them better predict the porting!). I bet this is annoying the number crunchers as hell. Here, an assumption is needed. Either one assumes that all EB3 are porting or none are porting or a fraction is porting but it is anybody’s guess. Looks like the blog assumed conveniently that a small, perhaps negligible, fraction is porting as it is in their favor to make this assumption. By the same token, it is in government’s interest to argue that, in the absence of estimation method, they assumed all are porting. With that assumption, the number of applicants in the pool with priority date before July 2009 is increased by more than ~20,000 EB3 folks. The total comes to 24,000. Argument can be made either way since we are just theorizing.

Now, to the argument that there will be ~30,000 numbers available for EB2 this year, it is anybody’s guess. If this claim is correct, we will file AOS even without/before a favorable outcome of the lawsuit assuming it drags on similar to the others that we already know about. That too, we will file in the next 9 months in which period they expect to use most visa numbers with the expectation of leaving a smaller % for the last quarter. Rejoice! If the argument is correct that is.

Finally, coming to the repeated and hyped reference to the Thanksgiving turkey, either the government likes and uses that idea or it does not. What you cannot have is on/off application of this famous theory as it is theorized to have applied in 2007 and possibly again in 2012. If my reading of the government response is correct, they are openly saying that the Turkey never made it in and with this reversal they have no intent to buy the turkey either (let alone giving us a piece). After all, the law allows for chicken nuggets if nuggets are “immediately available”.

My point is the blog seems to be telling the people what they want to hear. As the nerds say “all models are wrong but some are useful.”

Let us focus on putting the pressure as that is the only way for possible immediate relief!

- Not a Number Cruncher.
So is this fight all over? All our flowers and calls just evaporated with utterly no impact?!

Meanwhile, I read somewhere that Govt has another 60 days to respond to the litigation, this will run to next spring or summer, whatever may be the outcome.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankUnderwood View Post
Could someone please explain me why he is doing this??????? After screwing up the entire lawsuit and with it, the executive order - why is he going to Europe and talking about this madness over there?

Isn't this an american political issue?????????

WTF is a number cruncher???????

WHY ARE ALL THESE STUPID PEOPLE ENCOURAGING HIM TO CONTINUE ON WITH HIS STUPIDITY !!

Stupids are encouraging/supporting him because:-

1) they want to give strong message to dos/dhs/uscis for the vb fiasco. sick pleasure!

2) They also skeptical of any other fixes coming in future specially I140ead rule, as stupids think that if they haven't given ead via early aos via vb modernization, how come they will provide i140ead in future.

3) Stupids are also thinking that their case is strong and they will get Oct VB reversed in future. God knows when...

4) Stupids also think that VB fiasco is not related to numbers and it is something to do with anti-immigrants with in agencies and also politics involved for the revised vb update.

From Greg's point of view:-

1) He is representing the people who are affected by oct VB fiasco.

2) He already knew that TRO would fail as there is no way he can prove that irreparable damage, but still want to pressurize the agencies, in hope that they will not do these blunders in future causing inconvenience to many affected and also implement I140ead rule soon, hence stupids are supporting him. Great thinking by stupids and greg!

3) Nobody thought of what consequences would happen if lawsuit is filed. Because these desperate stupids don't think about other people not affected by VB, they know how to do it and they will do it what they want to do at any cost.

4) filing FOIA would've given them the much needed insight about numbers and VB fiasco but who cares if it serves the hidden agenda of lawyers to delay/kill EO and stupids desparate to get ead's.

5) Stupids along with lawyers are also planning to file lawsuit for Visa recapture in few weeks.

I guess, What will happen to the VB lawsuit in future is only negotiations with the agencies to consider the medicals/documents of the affected in future when they fall in AD.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
So is this fight all over? All our flowers and calls just evaporated with utterly no impact?!

Meanwhile, I read somewhere that Govt has another 60 days to respond to the litigation, this will run to next spring or summer, whatever may be the outcome.
The 60 days is just a start and I think they can extend it too. No one knows what they are up to. By they, I mean lawyers, followers, and DHS/DOS lawyers.

The intent of my post was that we should continue to put pressure but I dont know how else. IV silence and inactivity on forum/facebook is killing me too.