Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shv View Post
2) He already knew that TRO would fail as there is no way he can prove that irreparable damage, but still want to pressurize the agencies, in hope that they will not do these blunders in future causing inconvenience to many affected and also implement I140ead rule soon, hence stupids are supporting him. Great thinking by stupids and greg!

3) Nobody thought of what consequences would happen if lawsuit is filed. Because these desperate stupids don't think about other people not affected by VB, they know how to do it and they will do it what they want to do at any cost.
Greg should have known that doing this would make a negotiated settlement harder... this is why I am very upset with him... filing a TRO that he knew would fail when we are in a position of weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shv View Post
5) Stupids along with lawyers are also planning to file lawsuit for Visa recapture in few weeks.
They will just make the Government take a hard-line on this too and kill any small chance we might have of getting Recapture through an Executive Action.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
In the iterest of managing expectations, I hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Where worst = do some work
LOL. I couldn't stop laughing. I liked it..

Old 10-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
Greg should have known that doing this would make a negotiated settlement harder... this is why I am very upset with him... filing a TRO that he knew would fail when we are in a position of weakness.

They will just make the Government take a hard-line on this too and kill any small chance we might have of getting Recapture through an Executive Action.
Did he tell everyone before filing TRO that he expects TRO to fail or has very slim chances. Please show me any proof.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigapple11 View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed in IV forums, but the commenting period for the I140 EAD rule will be ending soon. And I'm seeing some 200 odd comments at Regulations.gov.

Do we have any guidelines from IV for commenting at the regulations.gov portal?
Dude, what the heck is this? You are kidding.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice
Default On Number Crunchers

On Number Crunchers and SO masters of the spreadsheets, I found this amazing post by an IV member "imh1B". I think it's a classic and it is also relevant now with the lawsuit situation.

Immigration Voice - View Single Post - Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction

If you like the above for lunch time reading, you will probably like:

Immigration Voice - View Single Post - Possible Administrative Fixes - Filtering facts from fiction

Old 10-13-2015, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Did he tell everyone before filing TRO that he expects TRO to fail or has very slim chances. Please show me any proof.
No. But it is not his fault.

The people should have educated themselves about the TRO and any relief that would have provided if granted. People are indeed expecting too much. I saw some people asking for a status update as if they are the project manager of the project VBgate and the lawyers work for them as skilled workers (giving them a client treamtment). The same treatment IV gets some times. Heck, people are tweeting right now everybody asking for whole lot to stuff we care about.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bigapple11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dude, what the heck is this? You are kidding.
Why kidding? Asking a legitimate question - has this been addressed in here? This proposed rule is important to a lot of us and need some clarification if we can comment on this.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
From the first sentence of his own blog post:

Quote:
As we indicated in our update from earlier in the week, our TRO motion was going to be an uphill battle because the standard for getting a motion like this even before the evidence is presented, is very high. We now know we are not going to get a TRO (you can read the order below), which would have been great, but was not unexpected.
and

Quote:
But what we couldn’t say earlier was that quickly filing the TRO was also important regardless of whether we won this initial motion because we needed to force the government to give an immediate, sworn explanation for its abrupt rescission and replacement of the October Visa Bulletin.
He knew that he was forcing the Government into a corner and should have realized it would a negotiated settlement harder.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Why kidding? Asking a legitimate question - has this been addressed in here? This proposed rule is important to a lot of us and need some clarification if we can comment on this.
The rule that most of us are waiting is:
http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1615-AC05

And it has not moved.

Why are you pulling a Sisking stunt here? Check your link to make sure it is relevant to I-140 EAD/AP.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
The rule that most of us are waiting is:
http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1615-AC05

And it has not moved.

Why are you pulling a Sisking stunt here? Check your link to make sure it is relevant to I-140 EAD/AP.
Not sure why there is a reference to Sisking; I do not see the relevance. It's simple - if you do not have an answer please remain quite and/or polite and let the others weigh in.

Regulations.gov is a legit government site; take a look at DHS Announces Proposals to Attract and Retain Highly Skilled Immigrants | Homeland Security and the link to regulations.gov for commenting.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rahdirs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not sure why there is a reference to Sisking; I do not see the relevance. It's simple - if you do not have an answer please remain quite and/or polite and let the others weigh in.

Regulations.gov is a legit government site; take a look at DHS Announces Proposals to Attract and Retain Highly Skilled Immigrants | Homeland Security and the link to regulations.gov for commenting.
You are right about the news link that you posted but the rule you posted earlier is an admin thing to extended validity of the I-140 (in a larger scale) and is not a new rule. The important rule that the news item talks about is posted on the rule 1615-AC05.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahdirs View Post
You are right about the news link that you posted but the rule you posted earlier is an admin thing to extended validity of the I-140 (in a larger scale) and is not a new rule. The important rule that the news item talks about is posted on the rule 1615-AC05.
Thank you rahdirs for the clarification. I had come across the link in a different forum and wanted to vet it in here before commenting. Of course the regulations.gov site is down now!

Old 10-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

I was not trying to be impolite to you....

Your link currently does not work but I am pretty sure I-140 Rule has not been sent to OMB and comments have not been opened. This is making people crazy on top of visa bulletin crisis.

I do hope you are right and everyone else out there is wrong thinking there is no progress on this highlt awaited rule.

Siskind posted by mistake that DHS is working on it but later said he wrote incorrectly.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I was not trying to be impolite to you....

Your link currently does not work but I am pretty sure I-140 Rule has not been sent to OMB and comments have not been opened. This is making people crazy on top of visa bulletin crisis.

I do hope you are right and everyone else out there is wrong thinking there is no progress on this highlt awaited rule.

Siskind posted by mistake that DHS is working on it but later said he wrote incorrectly.
Gotcha; sorry about the misunderstanding. I do understand all the craziness that happened in the past month. Hopefully there is some fwd movement with the I140/EAD rule. Thanks.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gccommando is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gotcha; sorry about the misunderstanding. I do understand all the craziness that happened in the past month. Hopefully there is some fwd movement with the I140/EAD rule. Thanks.
if i-140 ead is sent to OMB, then its a done deal...LOL...lV been telling I-140 ead is a done deal but god knows when ...