Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2015, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anshu is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccommando View Post
if i-140 ead is sent to OMB, then its a done deal...LOL...lV been telling I-140 ead is a done deal but god knows when ...
Maybe next life 😭😂😍😜
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2015, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anshu is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccommando View Post
if i-140 ead is sent to OMB, then its a done deal...LOL...lV been telling I-140 ead is a done deal but god knows when ...
My heads up last six months some one has says heads down otherwise I m tired, I have my paper ready for six months.🙈🙉🙊

Old 10-13-2015, 05:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu View Post
My heads up last six months some one has says heads down otherwise I m tired, I have my paper ready for six months.🙈🙉🙊
If you keep trusting lawsuits then the date of fixes will be postponed. No generosity will be shown once you pick a fight that you are sure to lose. Do you have lot of money to fight?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
If you keep trusting lawsuits then the date of fixes will be postponed. No generosity will be shown once you pick a fight that you are sure to lose. Do you have lot of money to fight?
I read a little about the lawsuit since we are just waiting for news (any news).
Here is one issue about the lawsuit (although my lawyer-IQ is zero). The judge is saying that he does not think the lawsuit based on merits is likely to succeed because “Plaintiff’s only support for this argument is declarations of other immigration attorneys opining on the matter.”

Quote from the judge order:
“Defendants also assert, without citation, that the “issuance of the Visa Bulletin prior to its effective date is a courtesy that is not required by statute.” Dkt. #13 at 12. The Court simply cannot find Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on a due process claim when they cannot point to any law establishing that a Visa Bulletin can create a constitutional right to due process, and Defendants present evidence clearly calling into question the reasonableness of Plaintiffs relying on these Visa Bulletins to create “a legitimate claim of entitlement.” Plaintiffs thus fail to demonstrate a likelihood of success on the merits at this time.”

So I think now the lawsuit is considered in the “Discovery” phase. But since, plaintiffs do not have any “entitlement” or “constructional right to due process” and visa bulletin is a courtesy and there is no law for this, what is the lawsuit planning to discover?

I guess my question is why is talk geared towards proving that their calculations were wrong? (The calculations have always been question even before this VB issue). Looks to me, the lawsuit is intent on teaching them how to calculate dates correctly? This looks irrelevant to the original complaint.

This might be just me and I hate lawyer lingo. Wasted time but it was fun.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I read a little about the lawsuit since we are just waiting for news (any news).
Here is one issue about the lawsuit (although my lawyer-IQ is zero). The judge is saying that he does not think the lawsuit based on merits is likely to succeed because “Plaintiff’s only support for this argument is declarations of other immigration attorneys opining on the matter.”

Quote from the judge order:
“Defendants also assert, without citation, that the “issuance of the Visa Bulletin prior to its effective date is a courtesy that is not required by statute.” Dkt. #13 at 12. The Court simply cannot find Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on a due process claim when they cannot point to any law establishing that a Visa Bulletin can create a constitutional right to due process, and Defendants present evidence clearly calling into question the reasonableness of Plaintiffs relying on these Visa Bulletins to create “a legitimate claim of entitlement.” Plaintiffs thus fail to demonstrate a likelihood of success on the merits at this time.”

So I think now the lawsuit is considered in the “Discovery” phase. But since, plaintiffs do not have any “entitlement” or “constructional right to due process” and visa bulletin is a courtesy and there is no law for this, what is the lawsuit planning to discover?

I guess my question is why is talk geared towards proving that their calculations were wrong? (The calculations have always been question even before this VB issue). Looks to me, the lawsuit is intent on teaching them how to calculate dates correctly? This looks irrelevant to the original complaint.

This might be just me and I hate lawyer lingo. Wasted time but it was fun.
If any of the plaintiffs in this lawsuit follow these threads in IV, I urge you to drop out of the class action and encourage others to do so. If there are no plaintiffs, the liar will be forced to drop it.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoon786 View Post
If any of the plaintiffs in this lawsuit follow these threads in IV, I urge you to drop out of the class action and encourage others to do so. If there are no plaintiffs, the liar will be forced to drop it.
I mean if we imagine both parties with their calculation spreadsheets. Each will be like, your assumption 4 is wrong. My assumption 2 is correct. And so on. Each will ask “how did you calculate spillover?” Ummmmm, last year? How did you get that?

I would hate to be the judge on that one.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bhargavsrinadh is on a distinguished road

What's going on now any news of what the next action items are? I see no updates from IV after the action item to call local congressmen and women. I understand/hope IV is working in the background but atleast some sort of communications or actions items would be great. All I see now in these forums or people shaming each other and trying to prove themselves better than others. Hoping to hear from IV soon.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoon786 View Post
Well there is money + idiots that are good in Maths.
So lawyer will submit the documents and use discovery to get more documents to do more breaking news reveals to keep the case alive. In the end there will not be any relief. Just a few documents internal about calculations that will help people calculate and more accurately predict next bulletin if possible. This will keep going on and more people will be drawn to predict. But then their prediction will fail sometimes or come true some times.

Lawsuit promotes astrology and will hurt advocacy IMHO

Old 10-13-2015, 08:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavsrinadh View Post
What's going on now any news of what the next action items are? I see no updates from IV after the action item to call local congressmen and women. I understand/hope IV is working in the background but atleast some sort of communications or actions items would be great. All I see now in these forums or people shaming each other and trying to prove themselves better than others. Hoping to hear from IV soon.
Check the state chapters on Facebook. Mine had some info.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bhargavsrinadh is on a distinguished road

Ehhh negative....I'm part of California chapter as I live here and there are no updates whatsoever. Can you post here what info you have so that the rest of the world can see it as well. Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

When to File Your Adjustment of Status Application for Family Sponsored or Employment-Based Preference Visas | USCIS

New Visa Bulletin Charts
The Visa Bulletin will now have two different charts because of the revised procedures. DOS will post two charts per visa preference category in the DOS Visa Bulletin. The charts are:

Application Final Action Dates (dates when visas may finally be issued); and
Dates for Filing Applications (earliest dates when applicants may be able to apply).
When USCIS determines there are immigrant visas available for the filing of additional adjustment of status applications, the Dates for Filing Applications chart may be used to determine when to file an adjustment of status application with USCIS. Otherwise, the Application Final Action Dates chart must be used to determine when to file an adjustment of status application with USCIS. USCIS will determine which chart is effective for the following month approximately one week after DOS publishes and we will post that chart on this page.

In coordination with the DOS, USCIS will monitor visa numbers each month and post the relevant chart on this page under When to File.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcci is on a distinguished road
Default IV Silence

I must say IV silence is killing me & at the same time I've got a good feeling about this. Hope for the best or Miracle

Old 10-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by palciparum View Post
When to File Your Adjustment of Status Application for Family Sponsored or Employment-Based Preference Visas | USCIS

New Visa Bulletin Charts
The Visa Bulletin will now have two different charts because of the revised procedures. DOS will post two charts per visa preference category in the DOS Visa Bulletin. The charts are:

Application Final Action Dates (dates when visas may finally be issued); and
Dates for Filing Applications (earliest dates when applicants may be able to apply).
When USCIS determines there are immigrant visas available for the filing of additional adjustment of status applications, the Dates for Filing Applications chart may be used to determine when to file an adjustment of status application with USCIS. Otherwise, the Application Final Action Dates chart must be used to determine when to file an adjustment of status application with USCIS. USCIS will determine which chart is effective for the following month approximately one week after DOS publishes and we will post that chart on this page.

In coordination with the DOS, USCIS will monitor visa numbers each month and post the relevant chart on this page under When to File.
... and your point is?

Old 10-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gccommando is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcci View Post
I must say IV silence is killing me & at the same time I've got a good feeling about this. Hope for the best or Miracle
IV is silent because they aint got shit...lol....there is no miracle cooking either...we are in the mercy of uscis ..

Old 10-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeet80 View Post
... and your point is?
USCIS still has not come out and said they will accept the Date of Filing table for November VB. It is an indication that DHS/USCIS is fighting with DOS and DHS wants more time to say yes/no to the Date of Filing published by DOS. Taking control of shit.