Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:17 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
You seem to argue as if there is a deal to be made, and by not speaking about this injustice or giving-in we are getting something else in return. That is not true. If anything, we need to push for better fixes, and this is our push-back on the incompetency of DHS. It doesn't matter if you or some one else disagree. No matter what we do, there will always be people who will disagree. To us, all that matters is if we know in our heart that this is the right thing to do, and we know that it is.
Admin2 ,

No doubt this is sheer incompetence /unwillingness to work whatever we may call and this needs to called out - we should not accept this in any way and they have to be held accountable .
But does this also mean any further fixes ( such as job portability after 1 yr of 140 ,etc . ) are in jeopardy now ,considering USCIS is either incompetent / unwilling to work or does not respect President's EO or for any similar reason as this fiasco and would simply refuse to implement or delay things as much as they can ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #92 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 996
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_vus123 View Post
Admin2 ,

No doubt this is sheer incompetence /unwillingness to work whatever we may call and this needs to called out - we should not accept this in any way and they have to be held accountable .
But does this also mean any further fixes ( such as job portability after 1 yr of 140 ,etc . ) are in jeopardy now ,considering USCIS is either incompetent / unwilling to work or does not respect President's EO or for any similar reason as this fiasco and would simply refuse to implement or delay things as much as they can ?
Nothing is ever handed to anyone as a matter of policy change without asking and without fighting for it. The fixes you listed have been advocated by us for years. Is it possible that other fixes could be at risk, it is possible. Do you need to speak up against injustice to protect our fixes, absolutely. If you don't raise your voice against injustice of Visa Bulletin, the risk is that they could then do it again to other fixes. This Visa Bulletin reversal is broken promise. It is not small or something that can be overlooked. If you don't speak up now, you run the risk of lawyers attacking our other fixes and they will try to water down job mobility fixes.

We are against any wait time for EAD+AP after I140. If there is any wait time, which immigration lawyers are advocating for, then that means our folks have not done their share to speak up as much for their rights, and that is the only way there will be any wait time after I140. STOP online petitions and STOP pandering to immigration lawyers, we don't believe they are well meaning.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #93 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 996
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd052011 View Post
Are there any action items for folks who are not on Twitter?
Please standby for the newsletter that will list of other action items
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #94 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 133
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Nothing is ever handed to anyone as a matter of policy change without asking and without fighting for it. The fixes you listed have been advocated by us for years. Is it possible that other fixes could be at risk, it is possible. Do you need to speak up against injustice to protect our fixes, absolutely. If you don't raise your voice against injustice of Visa Bulletin, the risk is that they could then do it again to other fixes. This Visa Bulletin reversal is broken promise. It is not small or something that can be overlooked. If you don't speak up now, you run the risk of lawyers attacking our other fixes and they will try to water down job mobility fixes.
I stand corrected. Thanks for explaining it to me.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #95 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Nothing is ever handed to anyone as a matter of policy change without asking and without fighting for it. The fixes you listed have been advocated by us for years. Is it possible that other fixes could be at risk, it is possible. Do you need to speak up against injustice to protect our fixes, absolutely. If you don't raise your voice against injustice of Visa Bulletin, the risk is that they could then do it again to other fixes. This Visa Bulletin reversal is broken promise. It is not small or something that can be overlooked. If you don't speak up now, you run the risk of lawyers attacking our other fixes and they will try to water down job mobility fixes.

We are against any wait time for EAD+AP after I140. If there is any wait time, which immigration lawyers are advocating for, then that means our folks have not done their share to speak up as much for their rights, and that is the only way there will be any wait time after I140. STOP online petitions and STOP pandering to immigration lawyers, we don't believe they are well meaning.
Absolutely! We should not let this go down the drain - not this time nor anytime .
Waiting for the action items
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #96 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 36
max4438 is on a distinguished road
Default Stop Discrimination Based On National Origin

STOP DISCRIMINATION BASED ON NATIONAL ORIGIN NOW

DO ANY HUMAN BEING GET TO DECIDE WHERE THEY ARE BORN?

Wake up people and look through this scam. Outdated immigration laws are being used cleverly to ensure that there is a steady supply of cheap and disposable labor from developing countries.

This artificially decreases wages for american workers by making sure that the legal foreign worker cannot practice basic rights that makes a market based economy work - "changing a job."

The businesses are never going to let go of this sweet opportunity.

The legal foreign workers live as second class citizens who have to pack their bags the moment employment situation changes. No where else does an employer has so much influence over a persons life. Ok maybe in Dubai over the construction workers.

This is "bonded labor" - just take our passports away and tell us we are second class citizens like they do in Dubai for construction workers. At least they have the certainty that there no chance of residency.

Stop this EAD/AP - Retrogression nonsense. All this drama is not even for a GC. Treat all human beings by merit not on the place of their birth. Same rules for a GC for everyone.

If not then just take away our passports and refer to us as bonded labors kept to keep american wages low, while ensuring that foreign workers have no rights and keep struggling day to day for rest of their lives.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #97 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 628
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice
Default

I see that there are a lot of guests watching this thread. I personally urge you to show your support with action items as they come out. Do it for yourself or do it for your families/friends that are affected now. I bet next time you are in some trouble, they will lend a helping hand.

No one is looking out for us and yet again we feel agitated and helpless with this heartless blow on the –once-happy bellies. As it was said, this crisis has major repercussion on the expected other fixes.

Sleepless and tired,
D
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #98 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2
Srikrishna78 is on a distinguished road
Default What and whom are we fighting

Could we do anything that will helpbthe old dates backed before Oct 1?. Not even a line about this in any main news sites. Are we fighting alone with out our opponents in the ring ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #99 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 8
smartguru is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up United we stand-divided we fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Nothing is ever handed to anyone as a matter of policy change without asking and without fighting for it. The fixes you listed have been advocated by us for years. Is it possible that other fixes could be at risk, it is possible. Do you need to speak up against injustice to protect our fixes, absolutely. If you don't raise your voice against injustice of Visa Bulletin, the risk is that they could then do it again to other fixes. This Visa Bulletin reversal is broken promise. It is not small or something that can be overlooked. If you don't speak up now, you run the risk of lawyers attacking our other fixes and they will try to water down job mobility fixes.

We are against any wait time for EAD+AP after I140. If there is any wait time, which immigration lawyers are advocating for, then that means our folks have not done their share to speak up as much for their rights, and that is the only way there will be any wait time after I140. STOP online petitions and STOP pandering to immigration lawyers, we don't believe they are well meaning.
Hello Administrator2,

Thanks to all the selfless IV volunteers for working for the EB community. EB community would not even have been here without your tireless efforts since many years.

To brothers and sisters. Please do not sit on the sidelines. Please do not be afraid. Even God does not give if you do not ask. Here we are asking for our own rights. Indian EB community contributes so immensely to US economy that we do not deserve this injustice. What we do lack is unity and courage. Lets get together and show our strength. Lets stop bickering. Lets get together , once and for all, let our voice be heard in unison. Let us not listen to lawyer trolls lurking on this forum who are trying to take away our energy and divert attention. If you want GC once and for all, it is very simple, LETS UNITE. UNITED WE STAND-DIVIDED WE FALL. We are still divided and therefore fallen. IV is our only platform for redemption. I do not have words to express the anger and frustration because of not having GC since so many years. Lets channel this in right direction where there is a possibility of making some change. That direction is IV.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #100 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 338
sengs is on a distinguished road
Default We need more RTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Please favorite and RT the following on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/647781826455470080
We need more RTs, please. Anyone and Everyone in twitter can RT. This is free lunch. Open to all.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #101 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 12
pulpfiction is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartguru View Post
Hello Administrator2,

Thanks to all the selfless IV volunteers for working for the EB community. EB community would not even have been here without your tireless efforts since many years.

To brothers and sisters. Please do not sit on the sidelines. Please do not be afraid. Even God does not give if you do not ask. Here we are asking for our own rights. Indian EB community contributes so immensely to US economy that we do not deserve this injustice. What we do lack is unity and courage. Lets get together and show our strength. Lets stop bickering. Lets get together , once and for all, let our voice be heard in unison. Let us not listen to lawyer trolls lurking on this forum who are trying to take away our energy and divert attention. If you want GC once and for all, it is very simple, LETS UNITE. UNITED WE STAND-DIVIDED WE FALL. We are still divided and therefore fallen. IV is our only platform for redemption. I do not have words to express the anger and frustration because of not having GC since so many years. Lets channel this in right direction where there is a possibility of making some change. That direction is IV.
I am part of almost all forums (lawyers or otherwise) which support legal immigration. I am sure every forum has people with common sense who can think for themselves and can see through self promotion. Let us either appreciate or ignore based on our own assessment. Getting into mud slinging is the biggest detriment to our progress. Our problems are very tiny in the large scheme of things for the WH. Anything divisive within ourselves is akin to shooting holes into the bottom of a tiny little lifeboat stranded in the middle of a rough sea. You get the point. It would be better if all the relevant groups/attorneys can work together on this if possible. Most of us would like to support any and all leadership in their endeavors without bias - just my 2 cents.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #102 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 433
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
I am part of almost all forums (lawyers or otherwise) which support legal immigration. I am sure every forum has people with common sense who can think for themselves and can see through self promotion. Let us either appreciate or ignore based on our own assessment. Getting into mud slinging is the biggest detriment to our progress. Our problems are very tiny in the large scheme of things for the WH. Anything divisive within ourselves is akin to shooting holes into the bottom of a tiny little lifeboat stranded in the middle of a rough sea. You get the point. It would be better if all the relevant groups/attorneys can work together on this if possible. Most of us would like to support any and all leadership in their endeavors without bias - just my 2 cents.
You seem to suggest as if "registering in online forums" is an achievement. Just because a lawyer says he is "pro legal immigration" doesn't mean that lawyer is "pro legal immigrants". There is a huge difference. Lawyers just want to bring in new immigrants on H1/L1 and then they want immigrants to be stuck in green card backlogs.

The fact that you don't understand this distinction just shows that you did not learn much even after registering in ALL immigration forums.

And what "divisive" are you talking about. One has to be with you before any division. Immigration Lawyers NEVER WERE AND NEVER WILL BE with you. Just because one fine day your dates retrogressed, you seem to want to see that immigration lawyers are all good and nice. Don't just see what you want to see. Open your eyes, and things will become clear to you.

Greg and Cyrus are now back paddling. After collecting information of people, with no attorney-client privilege, these lawyers collected information online of hundreds of innocent immigrants pretending to file lawsuit on USCIS. Now, as the day is coming to an end, so is their drama. Now they are back-paddling, pretending to talk to each other on twitter as if they are having important conversation. The truth is, all immigration lawyers are intellectually dishonest. And your 2 second epiphany to "work with everyone" doesn't mean anything if you refuse to understand the slimy nature of immigration lawyers who have an agenda different from ours.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 12
pulpfiction is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
You seem to suggest as if "registering in online forums" is an achievement. Just because a lawyer says he is "pro legal immigration" doesn't mean that lawyer is "pro legal immigrants". There is a huge difference. Lawyers just want to bring in new immigrants on H1/L1 and then they want immigrants to be stuck in green card backlogs.

The fact that you don't understand this distinction just shows that you did not learn much even after registering in ALL immigration forums.

And what "divisive" are you talking about. One has to be with you before any division. Immigration Lawyers NEVER WERE AND NEVER WILL BE with you. Just because one fine day your dates retrogressed, you seem to want to see that immigration lawyers are all good and nice. Don't just see what you want to see. Open your eyes, and things will become clear to you.

Greg and Cyrus are now back paddling. After collecting information of people, with no attorney-client privilege, these lawyers collected information online of hundreds of innocent immigrants pretending to file lawsuit on USCIS. Now, as the day is coming to an end, so is their drama. Now they are back-paddling, pretending to talk to each other on twitter as if they are having important conversation. The truth is, all immigration lawyers are intellectually dishonest. And your 2 second epiphany to "work with everyone" doesn't mean anything if you refuse to understand the slimy nature of immigration lawyers who have an agenda different from ours.
You are entitled to your opinion. Lets not make things personal ("because your dates retrogressed" and you don't even know me or my problems). I like to respect people and be respected. 'One has to be with you before division' - My point is I am with everyone regardless of who is with me. If I am ignorant and am supporting someone additionally that I should not, so be it, it is a matter of my personal time, and based on experiences that I continue to gather however limited they maybe. If there is an IV action item that I can participate in, I would. Understand that everyone has a reason to get involved and has to start somewhere. It could be epiphanic or based on years of research, its a moot point. Again, you could be frustrated based on information that i am NOT privy to, I respect that. All I am saying is I would be happy to help without taking sides or undermining anyones efforts.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #104 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 338
sengs is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
And what "divisive" are you talking about. One has to be with you before any division. Immigration Lawyers NEVER WERE AND NEVER WILL BE with you. Just because one fine day your dates retrogressed, you seem to want to see that immigration lawyers are all good and nice. Don't just see what you want to see. Open your eyes, and things will become clear to you.

Greg and Cyrus are now back paddling. After collecting information of people, with no attorney-client privilege, these lawyers collected information online of hundreds of innocent immigrants pretending to file lawsuit on USCIS. Now, as the day is coming to an end, so is their drama. Now they are back-paddling, pretending to talk to each other on twitter as if they are having important conversation. The truth is, all immigration lawyers are intellectually dishonest. And your 2 second epiphany to "work with everyone" doesn't mean anything if you refuse to understand the slimy nature of immigration lawyers who have an agenda different from ours.
I didn't want to participate in this discussion and rather focus on the action item, but since you raised the topic …..

HA HA thats so true. After playing with emotions of legal immigrants in this hard time, and collecting their information on the promise of filing lawsuits to be their messiah, Greg has now backtracked and wants to play the advocacy game. He now wants people to talk to his buddy from Cato so that they can play new games with our emotions. I am excited to know what is coming tomorrow,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #105 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 433
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
You are entitled to your opinion. Lets not make things personal ("because your dates retrogressed" and you don't even know me or my problems). I like to respect people and be respected. 'One has to be with you before division' - My point is I am with everyone regardless of who is with me. If I am ignorant and am supporting someone additionally that I should not, so be it, it is a matter of my personal time, and based on experiences that I continue to gather however limited they maybe. If there is an IV action item that I can participate in, I would. Understand that everyone has a reason to get involved and has to start somewhere. It could be epiphanic or based on years of research, its a moot point. Again, you could be frustrated based on information that i am NOT privy to, I respect that. All I am saying is I would be happy to help without taking sides or undermining anyones efforts.
You seem to sound like a hack for some immigration liar (aka lawyer) or maybe you are an immigration liar yourself. What do you want? How is your lawsuit coming along, yes that lawsuit the one that you never wanted to file on DHS, but wanted to pretended all long that you are filing suit on DHS on Monday.

And if you are not a liar (read that as immigration lawyer) then you no longer have to be ignorant, unless you want to ignorant about the liars.

But you are right about 1 thing. Everyone have a reason to get involved. Liars want to get involved to bring in fresh meat i.e. new immigrants to propel their business. Immigrants want to break free from the grip of immigration lawyers. Clearly there is a reason to get involved, but the reason and desired outcome is totally opposite.

If you are immigration lawyer then all that you will do is undermine IV's efforts.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USCIS Reminds Japanese Nationals Impacted by Recent Disaster Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 03-29-2011 08:50 AM
Dhs reversal on opting out of secure communities Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 11-30-2010 04:21 AM
Dhs reversal on opting out of secure communities Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 11-29-2010 10:10 AM
Reversal of Fortune Bringing Asians Home From the West gc28262 News articles and reports 4 07-06-2009 02:28 PM
Senator Gregg Letter to DOS about July VB Reversal rexjamla Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 45 07-12-2007 12:38 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org