Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcci is on a distinguished road
Default Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I am not seeing it now and I did not visit fb before. Man this is inane.
I am sure it is deleted now. Some people liked that post too ...I did discussed about that post with my cousin as we both saw at the same time. Interesting moves here
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RH_93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcci View Post
I am sure it is deleted now. Some people liked that post too ...I did discussed about that post with my cousin as we both saw at the same time. Interesting moves here
No news is good news...till we get news.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bnaik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshpsj View Post
bnaik - When I had called them, they told me write an email to David Stern. But I got a response from Noah Barger - Legislative Correspondent & Victoria Williams - District Representative.
I am personally not affected by the Visa reversal but I am volunteering for everyone. Did you get any response from Bob Dold's office?
I went to Bob Dold's office and talked to Victoria Williams in person and discussed the VB reversal issue. I gave her print outs of the IV pdf and NY Times article. Also shook hands with Bob Dold himself but he wasn't available to talk. I was promised that I would be updated on this issue in 3 days, however I did not hear from them after my visit.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
max4438 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I just received the below news from a good friend who owns a business -

Get yourself a cheap, motivated Indian H1B worker who's life you can really control

If you would like to hire a cheap, motivated worker just file an H1B for an eligible Indian. Feel free to pay low wages and if the worker misbehaves, threaten to take away the work visa so that they can be kicked out of the country the next day. You do not even have to offer promotions or hike the salary to adjust for inflation! Yes we are all laughing our way to the bank!

To keep the worker interested, from time to time there will be news about getting a green card but we will make sure it never happen. Please forward this news to your lawyer friends who can get into the fee action by filing H1B and extensions. Hope your cheap, disposable Indian worker gives your business the edge it deserves.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
I have a very bad feeling about this. Previously there is some order in the chaos. Now everything is chaos. I worried about retaliation by USCIS for forcing them to do this.
Seriously, after the VB Fiasco, who would really care or believe in what they say? Here are possible scenarios.

1. They release the VB on Nov 9 with EB2 AD as : Nov 30, 2015. And then say that it is not applicable as of now but only FAD is applicable and that date is July 30, 2005 !!

2. They release the VB on Nov 9 with EB2 AD as : Nov 30, 2015. And then they update a week later that Nov 9 VB AD is VALID and all can apply. YAYYYYY! We all scream and visite temples and donate to american beggars on red lights. Come Nov 25, 2015, they say a big FU and retrogress the AD to July 31, 2009.

3. They release the VB on Nov 9 with EB2 FAD current. YAYYYYY! We all do in #2 above. Come Nov 10, 2015, they say, "OOPS" we made a mistake. It was not the FAD that is current, but the AD is current. Then on Nov 17, they say AD is not applicable.

All this leads to some more lawyers to sue the USCIS, looking at the popularity and money certain current lawyers got.

So really, who the F gives an F to the F-ing departments. It is a mess up of multitude of mess ups.

So just pass your time, relax with family, knowing that we're still doing better than a lot of beggars on red lights.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Cracking USCIS update

Okay...I was actually brainstorming since this morning to understand the "USCIS Update" and here is what I understood.

As some already said in this forum, from now on USCIS will determine which chart to use the following month based on DOS VB i.e. it may be Final or Filing dates. This is good. But why now? What changed?

After the 2007 and 2015 VB fiasco, USCIS/DOS/DHS were immense pressure whether it may be politically, lawsuit, advocacy, etc. But they want to control this process and reverse the VB if they have to. However, with the current interpretation they are facing lot of issues by reversing VB. Since, now they have two charts in the DOS VB and as we all know "Final" dates may not be that aggressive but "Filing" dates may be (ex: 09/09 VB).

Moving forward, DOS will release the two charts business as usual and then after a week USCIS will update their site with the VB chart i.e. Whether they will accept Final or Filing for the following month. So, this approach is technically nothing but reversal as they just leave their site blank (without any charts) which means they are not accepting any "Filing" dates that are posted in DOS VB.

It is mitigation strategy for the future and avoid pressure from advocacy groups, political & lawsuit.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Okay...I was actually brainstorming since this morning to understand the "USCIS Update" and here is what I understood.

As some already said in this forum, from now on USCIS will determine which chart to use the following month based on DOS VB i.e. it may be Final or Filing dates. This is good. But why now? What changed?

After the 2007 and 2015 VB fiasco, USCIS/DOS/DHS were immense pressure whether it may be politically, lawsuit, advocacy, etc. But they want to control this process and reverse the VB if they have to. However, with the current interpretation they are facing lot of issues by reversing VB. Since, now they have two charts in the DOS VB and as we all know "Final" dates may not be that aggressive but "Filing" dates may be (ex: 09/09 VB).

Moving forward, DOS will release the two charts business as usual and then after a week USCIS will update their site with the VB chart i.e. Whether they will accept Final or Filing for the following month. So, this approach is technically nothing but reversal as they just leave their site blank (without any charts) which means they are not accepting any "Filing" dates that are posted in DOS VB.

It is mitigation strategy for the future and avoid pressure from advocacy groups, political & lawsuit.
You are "Glass Half Full" guy. Good for you. I see it as retaliation. USCIS kept it's format of having 2 dates. But now they effectively said that we'll use the one we want. Hence killing the AD. They'd consider FAD when they want. NEVER !

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Basically as someone else pointed out, this is USCIS saying FU to CO.

Second week of month the bulletin comes out with twin dates. Hurray your filing date has moved, no..wait, until what USCIS has to say about it for 10 days or so.

If USCIS says FU, then okay back to sleep.

Else, scramble and be ready to apply on the 1st.

Okay, when the VB can be reversed, what good is an html page on uscis website. It can be modified to say FU any day of the month. And your money and time in vain.

So, this one time fiasco of Oct 2015 is going to repeat over and over, in future, screwing many more people. This is getting very interesting...

Old 10-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
You are "Glass Half Full" guy. Good for you. I see it as retaliation. USCIS kept it's format of having 2 dates. But now they effectively said that we'll use the one we want. Hence killing the AD. They'd consider AD when they want. NEVER !
Fixed.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Reversal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
Fixed.
Which technically a "Reversal" if you look at that carefully. New way of interpreting 'Reversal' without any issues

Old 10-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

I think in good old days people used to call this, 'Dig the ground for a well, and a devil pops out'. This is what we have now, and this devil is going to screw all immigrants over and over, until there is law written to clear this mess. Statue of liberty is now a joke, France should take it back now.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
People signing on that petition (Look at someone named Siya and her comments), really makes me question the "highly skilled" category that we all boast of being. Pathetic.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Which technically a "Reversal" if you look at that carefully. New way of interpreting 'Reversal' without any issues
Exactly. It is A game by USCIS.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
where_is_freedom is on a distinguished road

I wish USCIS came out with this announcement as soon as the new visa bulletin format came out. We all would have waited for the final word from USCIS and saved a lot of money.
For me personally, at least there is one positive from this fiasco. I am going on vacation to India next month. The trip is long overdue. I understood that it is important to live life without fearing and thinking too much about petty things.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default IV Admins - Any Update?

I've seen IV post on FB about today's USCIS update. It was deleted later. What's going on? Any good..bad?? When can we expect some updates? Much appreciated!!!