Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracka View Post
There is a new action Item going rounds to Tweet all Senators and request them to ask USCIS to revert back October Visa bulletin. Please participate.
Click on the link and click on every senator and tweet them.

http://t.co/jkVtIHTI14
I would do that only if it came from one of the IV Leads. Please work with them and get this action item posted through them. Thanks!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2015, 10:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Please do not post action items that amounts to spamming congress or officials. You will not gain anything out of it. Infact you will lose credibility as a high skill immigrant.

I have seen some of the tweets people are doing on twitter. Their accounts can easily be identified as fake. They created the accounts only to tweet about immigration. If someone if so scared of putting his name out there despite being legal in this country, then they should not do advocacy. It;s not right for them. All these fake petitions, fake tweets waste the bandwidth needed to do real work.

Senators and Congressmen do not have all the time in the world to go through each tweet and messaging is very important. If they see so many people sending the same tweet out of a machine/program you have created, its going to hurt IV efforts. Do you know staffers and officials visit IV site and IV facebook page every once in a while? We have sometimes heard their opinions on posts. So what we post as a high skilled immigrant is also important. Some people think that they are posting annonymously and who cares if they post rubbish. It maybe true on other websites, but not for an organization that represents everyone here.
Pappu - Thanks for appearing on forum.

Some us trust that IV silence and lack of action items for the masses do not mean that IV are done fighting for this crisis. It is clear that any possible immediate solution can only come from the higher powers and the masses cannot do anything in that regard sitting on their computers.

Keep up the pressure and thanks to all volunteers working on this.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Pappu - Thanks for appearing on forum.

Some us trust that IV silence and lack of action items for the masses do not mean that IV are done fighting for this crisis. It is clear that any possible immediate solution can only come from the higher powers and the masses cannot do anything in that regard sitting on their computers.

Keep up the pressure and thanks to all volunteers working on this.
I am sure there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes...let us be patient and give them an opportunity to work.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
I am sure there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes...let us be patient and give them an opportunity to work.
Word!

Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Can’t help but comment on the twitter hyperactivity.

The tax paying law-abiding legal immigrants and the active members of the best and the brightest are intent on tweeting the f**k out of everyone above. They should learn from their idols (lawyers) and see if they are tweeting the f**k out of everyone above. Nope they are not. But looks like they tweeting each other on the same level and/or below to their followers (i.e. law-abiding legal immigrants and the active members of the best and the brightest).

Old 10-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

I see a lot of chatter out there, "lets tweet to every congressman out there" "Oh Chaffetz is pro-immigrant, lets tweet him!" To them I say, good luck. Fwd.US has the biggest social media platform ever, heck its founder runs Facebook. Millions were spent on their social media campaign which actually got people involved. Hear of any legislation passing because of that? Actually I would be interested in knowing about any major legislative change that happened purely because of tweets and FB likes. Social media is an important component, but for folks that are relying on these tools as a way to bring relief, let us know how it went.

And then the stale discussion about petitions and 100k signatures. These petitions will do one and only one thing, waste your time. Check out the Wiki on the We the People petitioning system and roll down to the section that says 'Criticism'. There are 30 petitions on there that have been left unanswered even though they went way past the 100K number. I have given this example before but one of the petitions was to deport Justin Bieber after he was arrested for DUI. That petition got 270k signatures, and guess what, he is about to release his next album in November.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Word!
You got it slightly wrong, what Pappu meant was, do your bit by meeting your local congressman. There is a slight misunderstanding on your part, when you come to think of who IV is or IV members are. You and me are or should be.

The batman who is silently guarding gotham is a team of people in fact, the very people who are part of gotham. Aman Kapoor might be the Bruce Wayne, but to keep the machinery running, it needs all of us to invest ourselves who are interested in this Batman to keep fighting for us. Might sound dramatic, i cannot see any other better way to visualize this.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

And before you pounce on me, I was a volunteer once not a full blown one though, I dropped out and went into my slumber due to some personal reasons. I would have been a beneficiary of the Sep 9 bulletin, i woke up, and then learned I was screwed, got hurt, moaned, cried, wrapped my head under a pillow unable to understand what was going on.

Now the dust has settled, I can see better now, and realize I had been sleeping for quite a while now quite apathetic to the whole issue. And now I am more than just desperate to act. But I also understand that I can't burn myself out with this issue like I did in the past, this needs sustenance for a very long period. Will not and cannot happen in a day.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deshpsj is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Well Said Flying Crow!

Old 10-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
I went to Bob Dold's office and talked to Victoria Williams in person and discussed the VB reversal issue. I gave her print outs of the IV pdf and NY Times article. Also shook hands with Bob Dold himself but he wasn't available to talk. I was promised that I would be updated on this issue in 3 days, however I did not hear from them after my visit.
bnaik- I would also like to participate in meeting Congressman / Lawmaker. Do we have more folks? Prob. we can go in groups and meet again with IL-10 representatives?

Old 10-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Bob Dold (IL - 10) hasn't cosponsored HR 213. Did we have any meetings in past with his staff on HR 213?

Old 10-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BABUG is on a distinguished road
Default Deshpsj

I had some calls with their Office Robert Dold(IL-10) and was told that they had similar plans which is inline with HR 213 and haven't co Sponsered, I was told on the forum to Leave that guy as he will support it if it comes to Voting..

IV admins/Moderators, Please correct me if some thing is wrongly interpreted.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bnaik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshpsj View Post
bnaik- I would also like to participate in meeting Congressman / Lawmaker. Do we have more folks? Prob. we can go in groups and meet again with IL-10 representatives?
deshpsj and babug,

Its a good idea to start advocating HR 213 in a big group with Congressman Bob Dold. I tried to connect with similar folks in the Chicago area by posting questions on IV facebook Nationwide Chapter (since there is no IL chapter), but I did not see any replies. But if you guys are interested, lets sync up and start pushing this.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
You got it slightly wrong, what Pappu meant was, do your bit by meeting your local congressman. There is a slight misunderstanding on your part, when you come to think of who IV is or IV members are. You and me are or should be.

The batman who is silently guarding gotham is a team of people in fact, the very people who are part of gotham. Aman Kapoor might be the Bruce Wayne, but to keep the machinery running, it needs all of us to invest ourselves who are interested in this Batman to keep fighting for us. Might sound dramatic, i cannot see any other better way to visualize this.
Thanks for that explanation.

I meant being patient for the VB aspect. I am meeting my congressmen (two) for HR213 next week. I consider myself an IV member and hence feel bad for not being able to do anything meaningful to help VB efforts other than congressman call/follow up which in my case did not seem to go any where (to my knowledge).

Well said though. The analogy I mean.

Old 10-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidisi View Post
I see a lot of chatter out there, "lets tweet to every congressman out there" "Oh Chaffetz is pro-immigrant, lets tweet him!" To them I say, good luck. Fwd.US has the biggest social media platform ever, heck its founder runs Facebook. Millions were spent on their social media campaign which actually got people involved. Hear of any legislation passing because of that? Actually I would be interested in knowing about any major legislative change that happened purely because of tweets and FB likes. Social media is an important component, but for folks that are relying on these tools as a way to bring relief, let us know how it went.

And then the stale discussion about petitions and 100k signatures. These petitions will do one and only one thing, waste your time. Check out the Wiki on the We the People petitioning system and roll down to the section that says 'Criticism'. There are 30 petitions on there that have been left unanswered even though they went way past the 100K number. I have given this example before but one of the petitions was to deport Justin Bieber after he was arrested for DUI. That petition got 270k signatures, and guess what, he is about to release his next album in November.
Following on then, if we consider petition useless, the random and chaotic tweets is even lower in the ineffective spectrum.

Unless an organization (IV or any other) was using a targeted tweet in their talks with “real people” to show the support on an issue. Today, people seem to tweeting the f**k out what’s on their mind. To me in effect, they are tweeting to each other and in the end will praise each other’s tweets. On the bright side, the same people may add count when an organization asks them to retweet something.

And I was discouraged by the response I got from a real person on the phone!