Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1111 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 54
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default so what is the current action item?

After the nov bulletin there was a lull. There is some noise about the HR 213. So are we still supposed to go meet the local lawmakers in person and get support for HR 213? I think that should be done once the bill is let in the congress but i dont know about the system .. maybe IV admins can enlighten.

Meanwhile rally talk in CA is there and group visit to lawmakers so that they dont feel that we use them only when there is a legislation that needs to be passed though I think that is what should be done given a choice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1112 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 40
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Default Rally in Bay Area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_jony View Post
After the nov bulletin there was a lull. There is some noise about the HR 213. So are we still supposed to go meet the local lawmakers in person and get support for HR 213? I think that should be done once the bill is let in the congress but i dont know about the system .. maybe IV admins can enlighten.

Meanwhile rally talk in CA is there and group visit to lawmakers so that they dont feel that we use them only when there is a legislation that needs to be passed though I think that is what should be done given a choice.
Yes, there is talk of a rally in the IV CA chapter, but we don't know how many will participate.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1113 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 34
bcci is on a distinguished road
Default Nov uscis vb

USCIS released their NOV VB and nothing changed. Vey grateful to USCIS as they are still accepting 07/09 filing dates. D'oh!

When to File Your Adjustment of Status Application for Family Sponsored or Employment-Based Preference Visas: November 2015 | USCIS
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1114 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 36
max4438 is on a distinguished road
Default

The Oct VB was retrogressed, even though at first they tried, makes it clear that there really isn't any EB visas available for India and China. I don't think it is their fault, it is a simple supply and demand issue.

Using lawyer speak - a sentence should be added on top of future VB - "All China and India EB 2 & 3 stakeholders are advised that EB visas have been exhausted and permanent residency has been closed for th se countries till 2030 or 2035. In the meantime please continue working with your current employees on H1B, STEM OPT, H4 EAD so that the business who filled your EB application can continue receiving cheap services. Also, fuck you. Thank you for your patience."

Let's face it guys green card for Indians and Chinese is closed.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #1115 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 15
GCTopDream is on a distinguished road
Default How can I start a new thread?

I have a question to pose, but can't find an intuitive way.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1116 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 628
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCTopDream View Post
I have a question to pose, but can't find an intuitive way.
Go here and click on "New Thread"
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates - Immigration Voice

Or go to other section where your question belongs.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1117 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 15
GCTopDream is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Go here and click on "New Thread"
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates - Immigration Voice

Or go to other section where your question belongs.
Thanks a lot!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1118 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 782
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshpsj View Post
bnaik- I would also like to participate in meeting Congressman / Lawmaker. Do we have more folks? Prob. we can go in groups and meet again with IL-10 representatives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABUG View Post
I had some calls with their Office Robert Dold(IL-10) and was told that they had similar plans which is inline with HR 213 and haven't co Sponsered, I was told on the forum to Leave that guy as he will support it if it comes to Voting..

IV admins/Moderators, Please correct me if some thing is wrongly interpreted.
We created an IL chapter for you guys to compare notes and coordinate.

Please join and have all interested friends join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IVStChapterIL/

Thank you.
__________________
Join IV's Telegram Alerts | Mailing List | State Chapters

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1119 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 44
BABUG is on a distinguished road
Default

Hil32 Thanks for creating the group... Just Joined IL state Chapter,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #1120 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13
casinoking is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
We created an IL chapter for you guys to compare notes and coordinate.

Please join and have all interested friends join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IVStChapterIL/

Thank you.
Thank you. I enrolled and want to join more members interested in meeting congressmen . I have an appointment with Tammy Duckworth next week for VB reversal issue.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #1121 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 28
gccommando is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4438 View Post
The Oct VB was retrogressed, even though at first they tried, makes it clear that there really isn't any EB visas available for India and China. I don't think it is their fault, it is a simple supply and demand issue.

Using lawyer speak - a sentence should be added on top of future VB - "All China and India EB 2 & 3 stakeholders are advised that EB visas have been exhausted and permanent residency has been closed for th se countries till 2030 or 2035. In the meantime please continue working with your current employees on H1B, STEM OPT, H4 EAD so that the business who filled your EB application can continue receiving cheap services. Also, fuck you. Thank you for your patience."

Let's face it guys green card for Indians and Chinese is closed.
Advocacy is bullshit. we need to put direct pressure on congress and senate. Lobbying is the only way to go..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1122 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 782
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default

Sigh... we spend all this time trying to explain to people what we do, how the system works, how everyone is trying to screw you and you post this. If you want to "lobby", join a state chapter - we will give you the platform to do all the lobbying you have time for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccommando View Post
Advocacy is bullshit. we need to put direct pressure on congress and senate. Lobbying is the only way to go..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Advocacy is a nice word for (unpaid) lobbying - and more.

Like lobbyists, we stalk the "lobby's" of Congress and do meetings (I was doing this on Monday) -- but we are more powerful than lobbyists because we can do district meetings, which lobbyists traditionally don't do. As constituent's we have more influence (and respect) than lobbyists. Everyone knows lobbyists have sold their souls to sell something they don't necessarily believe in - but when we go to DC, people realize that we have taken time off work, paid our own way to come down to DC, they respect that and want to hear what we want to say. If someone from (say) Alaska, Montana, the Dakota's flies down to a lobby day - I guarantee you we will get a meeting with all Congressmen and Senators in the state (not just their offices).


We can't donate money though, since it is illegal - everything else is fair game (and we do it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
For those of us who are stuck in backlogs, there is ONLY one side. You may not realize it, some may not understand it, but there is only one side. EVERYONE, that means EVERYONE out their is working to screw you. Lawyers, Employers, Companies, US companies, Indian Companies, you name it. You may not understand it, but that doesn't change the facts.
__________________
Join IV's Telegram Alerts | Mailing List | State Chapters

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1123 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 23
rahdirs is on a distinguished road
Default

New Rule 1615-ZB44 "Determining Whether a New Job is in "the Same or a Similar Occupational Classification" for Purposes of Section 204(j) Job Portability," in pending review and yet to be added to unified agenda. Anybody got any clues on what this? I am guessing it ties to the I-140 EAD.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #1124 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2015, 12:09 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 36
max4438 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Sigh... we spend all this time trying to explain to people what we do, how the system works, how everyone is trying to screw you and you post this. If you want to "lobby", join a state chapter - we will give you the platform to do all the lobbying you have time for.

I do not think HR213 has much chance of becoming the law - it has to pass house, pass senate and then signed.

We suffer daily from this issue that sometimes (me included) forget to put ourselves in the shoes of the other side.

I'll draw a very crude analogy recognizable to many Indians. In India, what if all of a sudden people from Bangladesh, Nepal, China, Bhutan started coming in and taking high paying private sector jobs for a 6 year basis. And then these foreigners started protesting for permanent citizenship. They can protest all they want, meet with Indian MPs, do dharna in Delhi, but the fact is that the Indian citizens and government will be appalled by the foreigners taking jobs and creating extra competition. And these are not low paying jobs, mind you, these are jobs that are considered good (lets put it Rs. 15 lac + per year). Will you ever allow this to happen in India as citizens of that country? Probably not.

Now these are the same sentiments that run deep over here and rightly so. Chances are that we will feel the same if were on the other side.

These are the sentiments we should be aware of and which makes me believe that HR213 or any other provision will never pass. We have come so far on our work visas because of businesses who want cheap labor and know how to work the system to a certain degree.

IV's intentions are right and I applaud the hard work being done by each member. But if I were on the other side of the debate, IV would be no different than the foreigners who sit at Jantar Mantar in Delhi.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #1125 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 782
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4438 View Post
I do not think HR213 has much chance of becoming the law - it has to pass house, pass senate and then signed.

We suffer daily from this issue that sometimes (me included) forget to put ourselves in the shoes of the other side.

I'll draw a very crude analogy recognizable to many Indians. In India, what if all of a sudden people from Bangladesh, Nepal, China, Bhutan started coming in and taking high paying private sector jobs for a 6 year basis. And then these foreigners started protesting for permanent citizenship. They can protest all they want, meet with Indian MPs, do dharna in Delhi, but the fact is that the Indian citizens and government will be appalled by the foreigners taking jobs and creating extra competition. And these are not low paying jobs, mind you, these are jobs that are considered good (lets put it Rs. 15 lac + per year). Will you ever allow this to happen in India as citizens of that country? Probably not.

Now these are the same sentiments that run deep over here and rightly so. Chances are that we will feel the same if were on the other side.

These are the sentiments we should be aware of and which makes me believe that HR213 or any other provision will never pass. We have come so far on our work visas because of businesses who want cheap labor and know how to work the system to a certain degree.

IV's intentions are right and I applaud the hard work being done by each member. But if I were on the other side of the debate, IV would be no different than the foreigners who sit at Jantar Mantar in Delhi.
You are ignoring several facts, such as
  • per-country is in every single high-skilled immigration bill, including crappy ones like the SKILLS visa act.
  • Per-country passed the house 389-15, it is hugely popular.
  • This is not India

I could go on and on and on.

But fundamentally, this is what it boils down to, IV members are not morons - we deal with the system from the inside and know better than anyone else what is possible and what isn't.

If you honestly believe the cause is hopeless, and no one gives a shit about us - why are you even here? Time is valuable. Maybe you should go back to India and salvage what you can out of your life.
__________________
Join IV's Telegram Alerts | Mailing List | State Chapters

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USCIS Reminds Japanese Nationals Impacted by Recent Disaster Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 03-29-2011 08:50 AM
Dhs reversal on opting out of secure communities Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 11-30-2010 04:21 AM
Dhs reversal on opting out of secure communities Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 11-29-2010 10:10 AM
Reversal of Fortune Bringing Asians Home From the West gc28262 News articles and reports 4 07-06-2009 02:28 PM
Senator Gregg Letter to DOS about July VB Reversal rexjamla Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 45 07-12-2007 12:38 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org