Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkotla View Post
How abut tweeting the attorney who filed lawsuit like we did senators !!! They way we know updates from him. We can also fund him as a support but he has to seriously take this lawsuit and keep updating us. Or else it's like a dead fish !!!!
My personal opinion is that the lawsuit is dead. They know it and hence the diversion tactics, and saying that political pressure is important.

For the folks that gave him money, I hope they will at least ask him for a breakdown on how the money was spent.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 11:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
Why HR 3012 failed in 2010 even after Grassley removed the hold. Is there any change in situation now compared to 2010 and 2011? On what basis you are hoping? Are it is just another effort? I am not saying to stop the effort. But persons need some reason to hope.
Search around this forum and you will find a detailed post on what happened with 3012. We wouldn't pursue it if there was no hope. But it looks like you are only looking for guarantees. And anything short of a guarantee will make you unleash your wrath on IV for not doing anything.

As folks dilly dally on things here and essentially are fishing for some gossip or information here, hundreds of IV volunteers are thinking of creative ways and working on important projects that are used in congressional abd administrative meetings. They don't have guarantees either- but they believe in doing things that matter vs. fishing on forums and spamming legislative and administrative offices on Twitter / Email.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkotla View Post
How abut tweeting the attorney who filed lawsuit like we did senators !!! They way we know updates from him. We can also fund him as a support but he has to seriously take this lawsuit and keep updating us. Or else it's like a dead fish !!!!
Ha ha - this kind of stuff blows my mind. So you want to fund him more so he gives you updates? Wonderful. Tell me how it goes and if you get an answer on how the money was spent.

In my personal opinion, the lawsuit is dead. DHS had the authority to change the VB. Plain and Simple. But don't worry - keep funding and you will get constant updates , especially around number crunching.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Hello IV
I got this following private message. Can you please take action against such low skilled immigrants?
"username- animmigrant
"Dont want to keep on answering to your shit in the forum, so to stop your harping..

I have worked very closely on the suit starting Friday, have spoken to 6-7 senator/offices, walked in-person to 2 offices, successfully reached out to to 3 media people and got endless tweets going..

Eat a crow, stop harping.. moron"

Old 10-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankUnderwood View Post

Take for example angelo paparelli. The douchebag commented in an open call with USCIS that EAD/AP is bad for the employers and people should wait for an year after their 140 approval to even apply for freedom.
Was this guy on that call talking against i140 ead/ap? I thought he too was a lawyer with a genuine inner calling to help immigrants.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Was this guy on that call talking against i140 ead/ap? I thought he too was a lawyer with a genuine inner calling to help immigrants.
Yup. Any thoughts on why a lawyer would ask for that?

Old 10-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yup, the same guy!

Old 10-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidisi View Post
Yup. Any thoughts on why a lawyer would ask for that?
Because he along with most other lawyers has a genuine inner calling to help their customers (employers) but more importantly themselves. And that is why they chose this profession like most of us chose our professions. The difference is you and I don't use his kind of BS rhetoric in telling the world why we became engineers for example.

Dont get me wrong, I am not naive and I understand. That is fine as long as they dont f**k with our interests. But sadly they do as this guy did in that uscis call.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Because he along with most other lawyers has a genuine inner calling to help their customers (employers) but more importantly themselves. And that is why they chose this profession like most of us chose our professions. The difference is you and I don't use his kind of BS rhetoric in telling the world why we became engineers for example.

Dont get me wrong, I am not naive and I understand. That is fine as long as they dont f**k with our interests. But sadly they do as this guy did in that uscis call.
Let me revise. On the call he was advising USCIS that people should be allowed to file for EAD a year AFTER their I-140 approval, because it is not fair to employers who pay for the immigration application. That to me is the most bs thing you can ever and say and only someone with special interests.

1) Most countries can file for I-485 concurrently with their I-140, which gives them an EAD card. Why should benefeciaries for I-140 EAD wait for a year?
2) By the time most employees have their I-140, they already end up spending 3-7 years with an employer. What is one additional year going to do?

Its simple, a labor pool with job immobility, more revenue for the the lawyers and depressed wages overall. Some people will see through this, and some won't.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yep. Remember him very well.

And he wasn't even very subtle about trying to kill I140EAD+AP.

He said something like, what about "employer interests" if employees with approved I140's could just leave. And some idiots, probably from the lawyers forum were politely suggesting delays after which people could switch jobs

We have been so conditioned as a community to accept our shitty situation, that we are prepared to bend over backwards to accommodate the unreasonable interests of the people actively working - very hard - to keep us in our shitty situation.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

I was wondering, why this noise about Angelo Paperelli all of a sudden. So I go on the Lawyers forum and find this posted by the lawyer himself:

Quote:
I've spoken with Greg Siskind and Andy Free about getting involved. I hope no one has any objections? I'd also like to talk to Angelo Paparelli about coming in. You can't have too many good minds working on a problem.
If what you say about Angelo is correct (and I have no reason to disbelieve), we are really screwed.
1. A very active immigration forum is in cahoots with someone who places "employer interests" above our interests.
2. Our lawsuit is being fought by someone who is on the employers side. I am convinced the lawsuit cannot be won. For all we know he could use this lawsuit to kill the whole EO. Is there any way to stop him?

What other kinds of nonsense is going on in this community? How long must we live like this? Why are our own people so stupid to listen to these people???? This will never end....

Old 10-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Our story - now from Indian press

Here is another news article featuring the green card backlog… and surprise!!! This time it is from Indian media.

Great job IV, spreading the real story to where it should matter most. I think this story should be shared on FB and RTd on Twitter, and make it viral in India, so that people who see H1Bs as their key to the land of the free should also know what comes along with it.

NRIs’ American dreams crash with red lights for Green Card seekers | world | Hindustan Times

Old 10-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
I was wondering, why this noise about Angelo Paperelli all of a sudden. So I go on the Lawyers forum and find this posted by the lawyer himself:

If what you say about Angelo is correct (and I have no reason to disbelieve), we are really screwed.
1. A very active immigration forum is in cahoots with someone who places "employer interests" above our interests.
2. Our lawsuit is being fought by someone who is on the employers side. I am convinced the lawsuit cannot be won. For all we know he could use this lawsuit to kill the whole EO. Is there any way to stop him?

What other kinds of nonsense is going on in this community? How long must we live like this? Why are our own people so stupid to listen to these people???? This will never end....
WTF. This is nonsense and stupid that the immigrants will be led/influenced by immigration lawyers one we just exposed as the father of one year delay in EAD/AP. I am tired of this "we care for our immigrant clients" BS and in the actual meetings screwing the same clients. So yeah, the leadership is going in the right direction for the lawyers.

Good that FrankUnderwood brought it up.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
WTF. This is nonsense and stupid that the immigrants will be led/influenced by immigration lawyers one we just exposed as the father of one year delay in EAD/AP. I am tired of this "we care for our immigrant clients" BS and in the actual meetings screwing the same clients. So yeah, the leadership is going in the right direction for the lawyers.

Good that FrankUnderwood brought it up.
So detached from reality!

Old 10-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidisi View Post
Let me revise. On the call he was advising USCIS that people should be allowed to file for EAD a year AFTER their I-140 approval, because it is not fair to employers who pay for the immigration application. That to me is the most bs thing you can ever and say and only someone with special interests.

1) Most countries can file for I-485 concurrently with their I-140, which gives them an EAD card. Why should benefeciaries for I-140 EAD wait for a year?
2) By the time most employees have their I-140, they already end up spending 3-7 years with an employer. What is one additional year going to do?

Its simple, a labor pool with job immobility, more revenue for the the lawyers and depressed wages overall. Some people will see through this, and some won't.
Yep, most new grads will be kept on hold until the last 1 year of H1B before their GC will start. Let's not forget the payback agreements that most people are asked to sign if employer pays for the lawyers. For example, I was asked by my previous employer for 2 years after receiving the green card. If I had stuck around, that would been at least 15 years of service given the EB3 wait times. My point is these bonding mechanisms are also there, why ask for one more year like you said.

I guess it takes a special group (those who have been through these games for years) to realize who the real friends are. To be safe, no lawyer should be in the friends list no matter what they say on their blogs and tweets. If needed, you pay them for their services and that is it.