Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Just FYI, our real talks made their way to twitter and one guy asked why is IV spewing venom. Love it

Another said IV forum is not an exciting place to be.

Keep on keepin' it real!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rohan_vus123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Just FYI, our real talks made their way to twitter and one guy asked why is IV spewing venom. Love it

Another said IV forum is not an exciting place to be.

Keep on keepin' it real!
Exposes the hypocrites . These guys are always looking for IV ..within their conscience they know its only IV which works but will never admit it in open for fear their so called gods ( lawyers and their admins ) ... Simply put , if these guys dont care about IV or hate IV why to even peep into IV's forum.. IV's forum by itself never the main platform to know what IV stands for as hardly too many IV volunteers even come .... Just shows they cant do without IV . Sadly these guys are being taken ride by their lawyers into believing these wolves in sheep clothing care for them .
Can you imagine "Angelo Paparelli" being recommended by the lawyer and ppl agreeing to it ??? Have ppl forgotten he was the guy behind killing or sabotaging the 140 EAD and proposing idea in favor of employers and not employees ?
Same guys who believe Gregs and Gotchers , have they ever asked AILA why AILA never supports 140 EAD ???? AILA never cared nor responded to why they dont support 140 EAD and still these idiots believe these lawyers are with them ? ... Its height of either stupidity or height of being naive to be taken for ride by these smart lawyers without even knowing he just **** you

Old 10-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Let me add more "toxicity"...and repetition

As I said before in the current situation of the BC's (Backlogged Class), I-140 EAD/AP will be a at least billion dollar loss to the immigration law industry. This is before I-140 EAD/AP! This assumes that most employees will only have an approved I-140 after two times getting H-1B (i.e. 5 years of H-1 time).

After I-140 EAD/AP, there will be greater incentive for the employees (immigrants) to either pressurize the current employer or look for another employer who will start their green card process sooner. And the sooner the employee goes on EAD/AP, the more loss to the lawyer industry. So potentially it can be a $2 Billion loss after immigrants are allowed this feast called I-140EAD/AP.

Now that said, it is smart for any business to look for ways to sustain their revenues or even increase it. What is not smart is for the immigrants to not see this simple principle and expect AILA/Lawyers to "advocate" for something that goes against their business interests. They won't.

What is not fair is for the lawyers is to tell the immigrants that they are pushing for it or "are in support" while they are not.

Happy toxic Sunday evening.

Go IV! There is only one side and that is the side of immigrants.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

our friends from China also fell for a lawsuit idea few years ago. They probably spent like 75K I hear. Lawyer kept appealing and fighting. what was the result?

Old 10-18-2015, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

I think we are using a lot of our efforts discussing about lawsuits here in IV forum. It is not being beneficial for us or a justified use of our efforts by discussing dead lawsuits initiated by unscrupulous lawyers who are not worthy of filing simple immigration forms. We should instead use our efforts wisely for HR213. It is the only fix that can solve this entire problem.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_vus123 View Post
Exposes the hypocrites . These guys are always looking for IV ..within their conscience they know its only IV which works but will never admit it in open for fear their so called gods ( lawyers and their admins ) ... Simply put , if these guys dont care about IV or hate IV why to even peep into IV's forum.. IV's forum by itself never the main platform to know what IV stands for as hardly too many IV volunteers even come .... Just shows they cant do without IV . Sadly these guys are being taken ride by their lawyers into believing these wolves in sheep clothing care for them .
Can you imagine "Angelo Paparelli" being recommended by the lawyer and ppl agreeing to it ??? Have ppl forgotten he was the guy behind killing or sabotaging the 140 EAD and proposing idea in favor of employers and not employees ?
Same guys who believe Gregs and Gotchers , have they ever asked AILA why AILA never supports 140 EAD ???? AILA never cared nor responded to why they dont support 140 EAD and still these idiots believe these lawyers are with them ? ... Its height of either stupidity or height of being naive to be taken for ride by these smart lawyers without even knowing he just **** you

Nicely put wise man, nicely put.

IV keepin' it real = spewing venom - ha ha ha, said the keyboard warrior wuss. One trip to DC is all it takes. But these folks won't. " why should I if others do the work?". "I am going to enjoy my life and keep sending pictures home so everyome knows about my amreekan life"

VB reversal, Recapture. What other lawsuits can these folks cook up? Hey man- as long as folks will bend over backwards and willing to throw money, they will.

Somewhat related- in some banter on IVs Facebook page ( its still over there), one of the reasons a lawyer mentioned that the AILA submission to DHS had no fixes for high skilled immigrants like Early AoS, I-140 EAD, Same or Similar Clarification, was " there was only a 25 page limit"

I burst into laughter everytime i think of this. It could be at work, or a train and then people around me think i have lost it.

Apart from a lame letter about VB reversal , i want anyone to prove me wrong by showing me any public statement by AILA on I-140 EAD, early AoS, Same or Similar, H1B Fraud.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcci is on a distinguished road
Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
I think we are using a lot of our efforts discussing about lawsuits here in IV forum. It is not being beneficial for us or a justified use of our efforts by discussing dead lawsuits initiated by unscrupulous lawyers who are not worthy of filing simple immigration forms. We should instead use our efforts wisely for HR213. It is the only fix that can solve this entire problem.
So, are you hinting VB reversal is almost dead or already dead? I know IV is very silent from past 10 days or so. Just curious and it will be great help to get some confirmation on this. Trust me everyone will set their expectations and see the reality now i.e. HR213.

I agree with your comment on not wasting our energies on debating about dead lawsuits and lawyers interests rather we should focus on HR213. I am sure many like me are waiting from IV core/admin/mods on future course of action on HR213. I am up for it.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
discussing dead lawsuits
does not mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcci View Post
VB reversal is almost dead or already dead? .
Please don't try to make 5 the answer for 2+2.

If you seriously want be up-to-date on the on-the-hour situation, join us at an active event and gain access to the core IV working group. Until then, wait for IV to come out with its newsletters or action items.

All I said is instead of wasting our time discussing on dead lawsuits, we should use our efforts effectively on HR213.

Old 10-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

By reminding about that facebook BS, Vikidisi has spoiled my Sunday evening and killed the buzz that I created by drinking.

All good though.

Old 10-19-2015, 03:07 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you guys stop circle jerking about how the Evil Lawyer Overlords are out to get you and comment on something valuable and constructive for a change?

For example, what to do about I-140 portability rule making? 2/3rd of October is past and there's no indication that the government is working on this. The only indication so far is from one of the Evil Lawyer blogs and we all know that they can't be trusted, even if they say the sky is blue. So is this thing even alive? If not, what can we do to improve its chances? We all also know that petitions are useless, so what can we do? I keep calling local rep office and they likely will block my number soon. Anything else?

Or is the right approach to post about how evil everyone in the world is and bitch about lawyers and employers and what not and somehow that will get everything done?

Forgive my angry tone but I'm beyond exasperated. These forums used to be brimming with good data, helpful people and motivation. Now it's descended to condemnation of lawyers and our fellow immigrants that support them. I was nodding along at the first few posts, even a dozen is but now this has become nonstop. That's *all* that's being said here for weeks now. Does anyone have anything positive to say anymore?

Old 10-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Teerandaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyn55 View Post
Can you guys stop circle jerking about how the Evil Lawyer Overlords are out to get you and comment on something valuable and constructive for a change?

For example, what to do about I-140 portability rule making? 2/3rd of October is past and there's no indication that the government is working on this. The only indication so far is from one of the Evil Lawyer blogs and we all know that they can't be trusted, even if they say the sky is blue. So is this thing even alive? If not, what can we do to improve its chances? We all also know that petitions are useless, so what can we do? I keep calling local rep office and they likely will block my number soon. Anything else?

Or is the right approach to post about how evil everyone in the world is and bitch about lawyers and employers and what not and somehow that will get everything done?

Forgive my angry tone but I'm beyond exasperated. These forums used to be brimming with good data, helpful people and motivation. Now it's descended to condemnation of lawyers and our fellow immigrants that support them. I was nodding along at the first few posts, even a dozen is but now this has become nonstop. That's *all* that's being said here for weeks now. Does anyone have anything positive to say anymore?
I completely concur. Lawyers are trained in law as it exists today, and they make their livings off of it. Do you really expect them to jeopardize a guaranteed steady source of income? That's beyond naive. Let's stop this negativity and get hr213 past the finish line so that nobody can f#%k with us in the future. And before I have a bunch of people jumping down my throat, yes, I am an active member of my state chapter, yes I constantly call and talk to my reps, and yes I reach out to people stuck in backlogs and cajole them to join us.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerandaz View Post
I completely concur. Lawyers are trained in law as it exists today, and they make their livings off of it. Do you really expect them to jeopardize a guaranteed steady source of income? That's beyond naive. Let's stop this negativity and get hr213 past the finish line so that nobody can f#%k with us in the future. And before I have a bunch of people jumping down my throat, yes, I am an active member of my state chapter, yes I constantly call and talk to my reps, and yes I reach out to people stuck in backlogs and cajole them to join us.
I am member of IV state chapter and support the above view too..

Old 10-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of
Default Ghoda Agar Ghaas Se Dosti Kar Lega to Khayega Kya ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Let me add more "toxicity"...and repetition

As I said before in the current situation of the BC's (Backlogged Class), I-140 EAD/AP will be a at least billion dollar loss to the immigration law industry. This is before I-140 EAD/AP! This assumes that most employees will only have an approved I-140 after two times getting H-1B (i.e. 5 years of H-1 time).

After I-140 EAD/AP, there will be greater incentive for the employees (immigrants) to either pressurize the current employer or look for another employer who will start their green card process sooner. And the sooner the employee goes on EAD/AP, the more loss to the lawyer industry. So potentially it can be a $2 Billion loss after immigrants are allowed this feast called I-140EAD/AP.

Now that said, it is smart for any business to look for ways to sustain their revenues or even increase it. What is not smart is for the immigrants to not see this simple principle and expect AILA/Lawyers to "advocate" for something that goes against their business interests. They won't.

What is not fair is for the lawyers is to tell the immigrants that they are pushing for it or "are in support" while they are not.

Happy toxic Sunday evening.

Go IV! There is only one side and that is the side of immigrants.
Lawyers should take cue from Basanti in Sholay and say to their clients "Yuki tum aadmi acche ho is liye tumse paisa to lena nahi chahiye......lekin ghoda agar ghaas se dosti kar lega to khayega kya ??"

Old 10-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerandaz View Post
So then why do people go to their forums and worship them? Why did people pay 25K overnight knowing what you wrote above?

There seems to be a disconnect between what you think and what everyone else outside thinks and that is the problem bigger than backlogs.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyn55 View Post

I140 EAD was a done deal until lawsuit came along. Now like you most people are thinking that the threat to EO fixes are there because Admin does not want it. I think the threat to EO fixes is from lawyers and companies. Effort should be made to keep them away from discussions. I maybe wrong but this is my take on the situation.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.