Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2015, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
I140 EAD was a done deal until lawsuit came along. Now like you most people are thinking that the threat to EO fixes are there because Admin does not want it. I think the threat to EO fixes is from lawyers and companies. Effort should be made to keep them away from discussions. I maybe wrong but this is my take on the situation.
Where do you have the proof that lawsuit is preventing implementation of I-140?. Lets see it.

If that is the case then all numbersUSA, FAIR need to stop any implementation of EO is to spend 100$ and file a damn lawsuit.

Please think with your brain and don't float around your stupid conspiracy theories.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Greg Siskind blocked after I asked questions about EWAD I 140 and AILA. Good on him to show true colors.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracka View Post
Where do you have the proof that lawsuit is preventing implementation of I-140?. Lets see it.

If that is the case then all numbersUSA, FAIR need to stop any implementation of EO is to spend 100$ and file a damn lawsuit.

Please think with your brain and don't float around your stupid conspiracy theories.
eastindia is absolutely right. Lawsuit is exactly how DAPA was delayed and might even be killed.

If you think, anti-immigrants will not sue about I140-EAD rule, you are in some kind of dreamland. They fired warning shots in The Hill today.

Employers and immigration lawyers are suing the Administration to "help us" when they are hurting us. I am still upset at myself for paying Greg Siskind for this nonsense

Hearing that he moves in the same circles as Angelo Paparelli, who apparently has openly opposed I140-EAD makes me feel even more hopeless. The lawyers, companies and anti-immigrants want us to be on H1-B visa's forever.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracka View Post

To get proof you will need a sworn statement from WH saying that they are not doing fixes because of lawsuit. You and I know getting it is more difficult than landing man on moon.

But this comment below should tell you something. Why block people asking legit questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
Greg Siskind blocked after I asked questions about EWAD I 140 and AILA. Good on him to show true colors.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

I would request more his followers to ask questions about EAD I 140 and AILA. Lets see how he responds.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
eastindia is absolutely right. Lawsuit is exactly how DAPA was delayed and might even be killed.

If you think, anti-immigrants will not sue about I140-EAD rule, you are in some kind of dreamland. They fired warning shots in The Hill today.

Employers and immigration lawyers are suing the Administration to "help us" when they are hurting us. I am still upset at myself for paying Greg Siskind for this nonsense

Hearing that he moves in the same circles as Angelo Paparelli, who apparently has openly opposed I140-EAD makes me feel even more hopeless. The lawyers, companies and anti-immigrants want us to be on H1-B visa's forever.
Absolutely irresponsible on Lawyer's (the great soul who took 25K to screw the VB) part to publish the rules on his blog. Now this has been picked up, or deliberately fed to anti-immigrant groups to systematically kill the I-140EAD/AP. They have also targeted country cap removal in the article. Don't you think this was deliberate. Please read the comments in the article, these guys will be spending money to hire bots from India to fill the comments when the rule comes out to destroy the only hope we had.

Guys, open your eyes. Once again there is a proof how these lawyers are blocking every step.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crackjack9 is on a distinguished road
Default Absorb whats applicable to you and run with it to contribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyn55 View Post
Can you guys stop circle jerking about how the Evil Lawyer Overlords are out to get you and comment on something valuable and constructive for a change?

For example, what to do about I-140 portability rule making? 2/3rd of October is past and there's no indication that the government is working on this. The only indication so far is from one of the Evil Lawyer blogs and we all know that they can't be trusted, even if they say the sky is blue. So is this thing even alive? If not, what can we do to improve its chances? We all also know that petitions are useless, so what can we do? I keep calling local rep office and they likely will block my number soon. Anything else?

Or is the right approach to post about how evil everyone in the world is and bitch about lawyers and employers and what not and somehow that will get everything done?

Forgive my angry tone but I'm beyond exasperated. These forums used to be brimming with good data, helpful people and motivation. Now it's descended to condemnation of lawyers and our fellow immigrants that support them. I was nodding along at the first few posts, even a dozen is but now this has become nonstop. That's *all* that's being said here for weeks now. Does anyone have anything positive to say anymore?
I feel your anger and anguish. I think I have to say that I remember ids that are aligned to IVs cause by their past posts and you along with others belong to that group in my mind so thank you (and DMX, FlyingCrow, Jony and so many of you) for voicing your opinion and standing with IV. whereas Others who are purposefully here to spread negativity- are also very well known by their ids. I know you guys too recognize them by now.

Speaking generally to everyone, and not just you, whoever is angry with turn of events in Oct and who wants to genuinely start contributing towards HR213---- Spreading the Positivity on this forum is in hands of people like you and me.. Post your small wins here , even if that is just an encouraging response from your office on phone. Please read my post from friday here and take the lead in posting on your local chapters offering to help or announcing if you need help as a leader. If you dont hear back because there are no resident IV volunteer in the area, take the lead and make the plan and post which stage of the process you are in. Come to forums to get the advocacy ammo and ask for help to go to next stage and then be the epicenter of change in your district and neighboring districts.

Also, calling out the actions of our 'foes disguised as friends' will help new people on the forums to reach the same awareness levels that you are at today and is a very important step. If you have graduated to the next level, just be understanding enough to recognize that its not directed at you and just calmly keep working towards you next advocacy goal. And advocacy is not just running with cosponsorship baton (even though thats the most tangible and the sweetest accomplishment), your contribution is second to none if you help by spreading awareness in local desi community about :
1) IV's efforts,
2) 'Disguised friends' efforts that hurt us and how not to get sucked in their game,
3) Asking people to actively join state chapters and contribute when there are action items. Just joining the state chapter is not going to be enough, Take the lead if there is no local IV volunteer.
4) Just make your fellow community member aware that going to or calling our Congressman's office and petitioning to redress our grievances is an important part of the system here and it works.
These are the one of the most powerful areas of help.

And trust me the office will never block your number if we are genuine in our asks and have a polite advocacy plan. For a dose of positivity, please see below the email I got today from the office that I worked over last 2.5 months in response to 'my thank you email for cosponsoring HR213' and we had some heated moments in the interim when I was 'showing up again and again' every few weeks and I suspected I was coming across as nagging/pestering at that time.

"Thank you for your very kind email, []. I will be sure to relay your thanks to Congressman, and please do stop by the next time you are in Washington. Thanks once again.
Sincerely,
[]
"
They still want to see me again and in person in DC. Love these guys genuinely for taking time out to study our bill and caring for our quality of life issue when there are thousands of bills doing rounds at the hill every week !

Old 10-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

On that note, thanks crackjack for yet another classic post!

Also I want to say special thanks to IV Texas State Chapter members and IV volunteer forum username "kichoudh" for his tireless efforts. He does not give up and he is taking the lead!

This friday, anyone is welcome to join us as we persistently push for HR213 in Houston, TX.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
On that note, thanks crackjack for yet another classic post!

Also I want to say special thanks to IV Texas State Chapter members and IV volunteer forum username "kichoudh" for his tireless efforts. He does not give up and he is taking the lead!

This friday, anyone is welcome to join us as we persistently push for HR213 in Houston, TX.
Thank you for your very positive attitude. If anyone from the Houston area is reading this, and you are tired of sitting on your hands waiting for "things to happen", please join the IV TX state chapter - join DMX17 and his friends in pushing for a permanent fix.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-19-2015, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I don't know why some people are engaging in twitter war with the masters of how to win business on the internet. This battle the immigrants cannot win especially with limited characters. Keep in mind the lawyers on a daily basis argue with other lawyers and judges, who are the immigrants to win on twitter?

Does anyone think if we pissed them off enough, their motivation to block meaningful fixes will increase? Maybe, there is another way to do this. The lawyer way? I am thinking out loud.

Old 10-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know why some people are engaging in twitter war with the masters of how to win business on the internet. This battle the immigrants cannot win especially with limited characters. Keep in mind the lawyers on a daily basis argue with other lawyers and judges, who are the immigrants to win on twitter?

Does anyone think if we pissed them off enough, their motivation to block meaningful fixes will increase? Maybe, there is another way to do this. The lawyer way? I am thinking out loud.
Nobody is fighting against lawyers. Lawyers are not our enemy.

The real enemies are people who fund lawyers to work against our interests or go to their forums to become their fans..

Old 10-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Nobody is fighting against lawyers. Lawyers are not our enemy.

The real enemies are people who fund lawyers to work against our interests or go to their forums to become their fans..
Man, that's deep.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Man, that's deep.
Of course it is deep and wide like a Grand Canyon. Immigrants get seduced into this by sweet talk. The irony is immigrants do not even recognize what is being done to them.
Lawyers can work for your interest tomorrow if you pay him to do so.If laws are written in the interest of immigrants, lawyers will work as per your commands. Currently laws are written in the interests of employers and lawyers. Immigrants on the other hand do not know or care about this. We are our own enemies.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I140 EAD was a done deal until lawsuit came along. Now like you most people are thinking that the threat to EO fixes are there because Admin does not want it. I think the threat to EO fixes is from lawyers and companies. Effort should be made to keep them away from discussions. I maybe wrong but this is my take on the situation.
How can you say that. If you think lawsuit will have any impact then flower campaign also should have equal impact on the fixes. There is an evidence that lawsuit and flower campaign does not have any impact that is the EO fix OPT extension is started right in time. They could have stopped but they did not

Old 10-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default lawyer debacles

I generally dont have good opinion of lawyer profession but there are some good practitioners out there. The real test is how well thought their ideas are, their core intentions and their follow up via action with an unwavering mind. In that respect, it seems the lawyers greg or the new name angeleno or whatever the ... are falling short. There is ample evidence as pointed by others that they are hijacking this process and are immatured people. Thru their thoughtlessness they seem to be just acting and saying things that emboldens the very idea against which all of us are stacked. The EAD fiasco is definitely a failure on their part but govt will as usual take some time before fixing all these things. Not sure what the end play of those lawyers who have filed the lawsuit are. If they are against immigration backlog and lawyers, employers etc are so kind to file a lawsuit to force a settlement on this issue then their words should not contradict it .. the comments on ead, 140, new stupid rules proposed are highly immatured and reeks of sabotaging legal immigrants dreams and aspirations. It is one of those take it out from inside which often lawyers do with worker unions - see the auto and airline industry as two examples. The core action plan and what to do should lie with someone like IV. and IV only. As mentioned here a billion times, lawyers are just a tool. It is easy to file lawsuit - anyone can do it. It is the next link online to the one where you go to pay traffic tickets.

Let us stick with IV and their action plan. If lawyers are needed, let us go thru them and push comes to shove, let us defer to IV. I did not pay any money to lawyers but came across many poor saps who did. There is also this paronia here that this lawsuit will bring down EO and other things. Thats now how all this works. Check out obamacare and other EOs and laws. IF not, then really thats not how it works. If it did, any jackass can file a lawsuit indefinitely and derail the process. IV as a team needs to be clearly distinguish itself from the lawsuit filed by others if you determine that is determental to overall community interests. File a counter lawsuit if need be. And that is where I think all naive folks, lurkers and casual readers need to chip in. Instead of kneejerking some money in a lawsuit, give it to the IV folks and closely monitor what they are doing without interfering their process or quickly coming up with suggestions. That silence you show with lawyers - show it here too

As for those who gave money - kickstarter or indigo or anyone with funding have clawback clauses .Follow up with lawyers and see CLEARLY if they made good use of money. If not, withdraw the lawsuit. This lawsuit might get attention or might die eventually. It is not going to fundamentally alter the way immigration works here. So dont let lawyers have your free money. Make them accountable, stop funding more, withdraw your names from the suit if you dont find it meritful and if you dont find support from the lawyer. File a lawsuit against the lawyer if you think he cheated you. Dont give blank checks to them.

At the end of the day, this is not about employers or lawyers. They are just living off your money. It is not about anyone else but YOU. So stay in touch with your fellow h1bs, go out and support them whenever possible.