Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
freedomForAll is on a distinguished road

Strange as to how there was no response on I140 EAD/AP on AILA.
When someone asks for money, I start digging deeper into their trustworthiness. I have never had faith in lawsuits as such. Unless there is some big lobby putting it up, there is no way it will work in the given timeframe. Even if it comes after a few years, who will care of it?
Bottomline - I think we all got fooled. I did not give an money to them but I feel sorry for all those who did.

I hope I140 EAD/AP happens. I have personally waited for long and given up many opportunities till now. If we keep pushing, then we will prevail.

I am going to again call up or meet my congressman and ask for his support on HR213.

No harm in trying
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
freedomForAll is on a distinguished road
Default Employers - their reality

Something I came to know recently:-

While attending one of the parties, one of my friends got introduced to the partner of a desi consultant firm. This firm is where he had applied but my friend backtracked at the last moment on the disagreements of the bond stuff.
That firm told my friend - If you dont add those bonds in the agreement, then H1B queries come. Can you imagine such lies?

Lastly, he came to know that these employers became very very happy when the bulletin reversal happened. There are lobbies out there to stop the reforms. There is a lot of money riding on it.

Does it sound familiar?

Old 10-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
How can you say that. If you think lawsuit will have any impact then flower campaign also should have equal impact on the fixes. There is an evidence that lawsuit and flower campaign does not have any impact that is the EO fix OPT extension is started right in time. They could have stopped but they did not
OPT has nothing to do wit lawsuit.
Both lawyers and employers want it desperately to get access to a large pool of temp work force. These immigrants can stay in temp status on low wages without greencards. Its a win win for companies. Poor immigrants/students are happy for bing screwed again. height of ignorance.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
How can you say that. If you think lawsuit will have any impact then flower campaign also should have equal impact on the fixes. There is an evidence that lawsuit and flower campaign does not have any impact that is the EO fix OPT extension is started right in time. They could have stopped but they did not
Check your facts. The last time around it was the flower campaign and true grassroots advocacy that reversed the VB. There was no lawsuit.

The OPT Extension, in my view was critical. The regulation already existed, it just had to be republished. If the OPT StEM thing expired, a lot of people in the student community would have suffered in February.

I-40 EAD & Job Mobility changes will be a significant change. Requires a lot of legal analysis and foolproofing. I know we all want EAD cards - but getting it into a regulation is not as easy "Give an EAD card to everyone with I-140"

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidisi View Post
Check your facts. The last time around it was the flower campaign and true grassroots advocacy that reversed the VB. There was no lawsuit.

The OPT Extension, in my view was critical. The regulation already existed, it just had to be republished. If the OPT StEM thing expired, a lot of people in the student community would have suffered in February.

I-40 EAD & Job Mobility changes will be a significant change. Requires a lot of legal analysis and foolproofing. I know we all want EAD cards - but getting it into a regulation is not as easy "Give an EAD card to everyone with I-140"
You also need to check Facts. There was a Class Action lawsuit in 2007
Check and make your facts correct.

First Lawsuit against DOS/USCIS [Archive] - Immigration Voice

Azulay Horn & Seiden, LLC Files Class Action Law Suit against the US Government for Refusing to Accept Green Card Applications

Chicago (July 9, 2007) — In the shadow of the debate about comprehensive immigration reform tens of thousands of skilled employment based immigrants awaiting their opportunity to legally apply for green cards have been unfairly denied the opportunity due to potential deliberate miscommunication – and an attempt to collect higher filing fees – from the U.S. Department of State and the and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the agency that processes visa and citizenship requests.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracka View Post
You also need to check Facts. There was a Class Action lawsuit in 2007
Check and make your facts correct.

First Lawsuit against DOS/USCIS [Archive] - Immigration Voice

Azulay Horn & Seiden, LLC Files Class Action Law Suit against the US Government for Refusing to Accept Green Card Applications

Chicago (July 9, 2007) — In the shadow of the debate about comprehensive immigration reform tens of thousands of skilled employment based immigrants awaiting their opportunity to legally apply for green cards have been unfairly denied the opportunity due to potential deliberate miscommunication – and an attempt to collect higher filing fees – from the U.S. Department of State and the and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the agency that processes visa and citizenship requests.
So you are quoting some law firm in Chicago's own press release about the lawsuit and making the inference that that class action lawsuit reversed the VB back in 2007? Do you know what happened with that lawsuit?

Old 10-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
So you are quoting some law firm in Chicago's own press release about the lawsuit and making the inference that that class action lawsuit reversed the VB back in 2007? Do you know what happened with that lawsuit?
Nope. check your post

You were saying there were no lawsuits. That is incorrect. There was a lawsuit.
Also there was a TRO and TRO was denied.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

tracka has been pimping for lawyers for some time. He maybe one himself or one of those who paid. Now he needs to justify the cost to feel good about his decision.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

This is where we talked about our frustrations on the lawyers opposing I-140 EAD/AP.

20150319 USCIS Conference call liveblog - Page 2 - Immigration Voice (20150319 USCIS Conference call liveblog)

This is where it all started.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

See if you find I-140 work authorization here too:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...S-QA-41615.pdf

This is where AILA members apparently met USCIS to address issues, one of which was Executive Actions. "Oops, we probably omitted and an omission cannot be construed as we don't care about our immigrant clients." Heck, they even asked about accepting credit card payment which is more important.

Of course, if someone bothers them on twitter, they will say we "fully support" and same goes for blogs.

People - I have no intention for you to read this and start asking AILA/lawyers. Please save yourself the time and trouble and take it from me their answer will be "fully support".

Old 10-19-2015, 09:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
This is where we talked about our frustrations on the lawyers opposing I-140 EAD/AP.

20150319 USCIS Conference call liveblog - Page 2 - Immigration Voice (20150319 USCIS Conference call liveblog)

This is where it all started.
Good find.

For those of you who struggle to understand why we dislike lawyers, read that thread from end-to-end.

Now imagine having to deal with the roadblocks they throw at us every...single...time we have a WH meeting, every single time we have to correct an LA or LD about their misconceptions - one of the most outrageous being - that the biggest problem with the GC backlog is it causes people to leave and they need more H1's to replace the people leaving - You might find this hard to believe, but this is what lawmakers hear when you rely on lawyers and corporate lobbyists to tell your story - it will get twisted to suit their interests.

There is a cliche out there somewhere that says the only way to get something done right is to do it yourself. The lobbying equivalent is the only way to make sure your problems are heard is to vocalize them yourself.

IV is just a platform for you to make sure your voice is heard - and some lawyers or corporate lobbyist isn't bastardizing your story for their benefit.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-19-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tpathrose is on a distinguished road

everyone who has twitter and access to twitter. Please help in trending REMOVED Trends always gets attention. Please do your part .

Last edited by hil3182; 10-20-2015 at 02:29 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpathrose View Post
everyone who has twitter and access to twitter. Please help in trending REMOVED Trends always gets attention. Please do your part .
Our position on petitions, spam and twitter is well documented. If however you must tweet, our guidance from May 2015 has not changed (Important message to the twitterati).

In short use #fileI485

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpathrose View Post
What's the goal of this Twitter campaign? If it is to convince the DHS to draft a regulation for I-140 - EAD, that's a done deal already, was announced by IV months ago.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBuyer is on a distinguished road
Default Need Guidance

Hello IV admin / member,

I had in the past called Congressmen from NJ legislative area. I did hear from Representative Bonnie Watson Coleman. Please see below. Could anyone point me to the format I can use for reply? If you could not then I will work on it myself. I just want to make sure I use this opportunity to maximize impact.

This is a reminder that Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman's office has not yet received the documentation previously requested. In order to assist you with the issue you are having, we must have the following items as referenced in our first correspondence.

- Letter detailing the history of the problem and your desired resolution
- Including contact information for any individuals you have previously worked with on this matter
- Photocopies of supporting documentation
- Signed Case Authorization and Privacy Release Form (enclosed)

Please provide the aforementioned documents to my attention as follows:

Office of Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman
Attn: Petra Gaskins
850 Bear Tavern Road, Suite 201
Ewing, NJ 08628

Or fax all documents to (609)-883-2093.

The Congresswoman's office is ready to begin working on your behalf as soon as you furnish the requested documentation. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (609)-883-0026 with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Bonnie Watson Coleman
Member of Congress

Thanks