Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCBuyer View Post
Hello IV admin / member,

I had in the past called Congressmen from NJ legislative area. I did hear from Representative Bonnie Watson Coleman. Please see below. Could anyone point me to the format I can use for reply? If you could not then I will work on it myself. I just want to make sure I use this opportunity to maximize impact.

This is a reminder that Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman's office has not yet received the documentation previously requested. In order to assist you with the issue you are having, we must have the following items as referenced in our first correspondence.

- Letter detailing the history of the problem and your desired resolution
- Including contact information for any individuals you have previously worked with on this matter
- Photocopies of supporting documentation
- Signed Case Authorization and Privacy Release Form (enclosed)

Please provide the aforementioned documents to my attention as follows:

Office of Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman
Attn: Petra Gaskins
850 Bear Tavern Road, Suite 201
Ewing, NJ 08628

Or fax all documents to (609)-883-2093.

The Congresswoman's office is ready to begin working on your behalf as soon as you furnish the requested documentation. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (609)-883-0026 with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Bonnie Watson Coleman
Member of Congress

Thanks
Hi,
Is this for advocacy or for your personal case?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2015, 03:37 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

'Immigration Battle' Answers The Question Of How Immigration Reform Died | ThinkProgress

Old 10-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

I was on the lawyers forum to see what the latest on the lawsuit was and I saw this from the great lawyer himself
Quote:
As I have written on numerous occasions, I think that HR213 and other legislation like it will only contribute to the problem. The solution lies in getting more visas for everyone.
He is "advising" the lawsuit kids over there. This is like saying, don't bother giving a heart-attack patient aspirin because what he really needs is oxygen and open-heart surgery...

And they are AGREEING with him

Unbelievable. I thought IV Admins language Servants, Wayerboys, Sepoys was too strong... But after seeing this - I agree!

Old 10-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
I was on the lawyers forum to see what the latest on the lawsuit was and I saw this from the great lawyer himself

He is "advising" the lawsuit kids over there. This is like saying, don't bother giving a heart-attack patient aspirin because what he really needs is oxygen and open-heart surgery...

Unbelievable. I thought IV Admins language Servants, Wayerboys, Sepoys was too strong... But after seeing this - I agree!
THIS IS F***ING UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

People who thinks why IV is against lawyers, HERE IS THE EXAMPLE !!!!

Wake up guys!

Old 10-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
THIS IS F***ING UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

People who thinks why IV is against lawyers, HERE IS THE EXAMPLE !!!!

Wake up guys!
The fking lawyer is an utter retard. Did he bribe his doctor before coming into this world. Unbelievable!!!

He should be stripped of his law degree for posting such comments. He wants to continue the H1B slavery as long as possible.

Go DIE you #slavetraders, aka lawyers!

-FU

Old 10-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Shameful, no surprises here!!!

Quote:

If all lawyers and business interests were on our side, then how come EB community hasnt received any relief from backlogs after all these years? Its Simple, its because they are not. These lawyers and business interests are two faced ppl & all these people care about is $$$$ at the expense of naive immigrant people!!! This statement from the lawyers criticizing HR213 proves the point!!!

Old 10-20-2015, 04:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute

Let say, they matched the EB numbers to SKILL H1b numbers (the bill currently does not, before any of you get your hopes up) - thats 195000 - then EB3 India numbers will be 3,900 -without H.R.213.

That is three thousand nine hundred.

Are you kidding me? How can they agree with him? Are they mad?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vrs7734 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I know that lawyer for a long time. He may be a good lawyer doing paperworks, but when it comes to advocacy and predictions he has been constantly wrong last 4 years. When dates moved to 2010 in year 2012, he predicted, they will keep going and will be current. Also he predicted something was going to happen for legals when initial daca was happening. Also according to his "sources in washington", recapture was a fine deal. What I have learnt is just assume opposite when he says anything about advocacy or predictions.

For his 213 view, I think he either lives in la la land or just regurgling AILA points. His opinion of having more visa is praiseworthy but thats not gonna happen until 2022. Does he think we are stupid to try to pass 213? Cant we also think we should get more visas for everybody? Absolutely we do, but when you spend 5 minutes in a republican office, you realise that getting a bill pass increasing visa is day dream and until repubs controlling the house till 2022, its simply not gonna happen. The only thing that has a slim chance of passing both house and senate, is hr213. The republicans only support this idea because it doesnt increase any visa.

The lawyer should see current news about immigration stances of republican candidates and should realize that its impossible to get more visa until repubs are in house. If he cant even understand that, then he should a get a knee surgery as it seems all his analysis is coming from there.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Not only that. The IV haters are telling people that IV is taking credit for work IV did not do without telling exactly what the lawyers did and achieved as part of EO. IV is being blamed for everything and being thought as an organization that takes credit for other people’s work. I am not sure who these other people are really. The lawyers/followers may be professional in voicing their opinion and hence everybody loves it being classy and all.

There is so much confusion out there and no one knows who to blame or give credit too. Some lawyers with twitters/blog are given “benefit the doubt” despite no evidence that they or their collective bunch really asked for any EO fix to help the backlog class. While at the same time, IV efforts are discredited because they are given the “benefit of blame” due to the VB reversal or not seeing the I-140 EAD/AP rule yet. This is just because IV declared these fixes before others and we have not seen them materialize (yet).

By the same token, these people should blame the ABIL which in their recommendations had the “thanksgiving turkey” idea, which also did not go through or failed in VB fix. Why this single blame on IV? ABIL also failed.

This reminds of people liking presidential candidate (e.g. Bush) because he is nice guy you can have beer with. These guys think that they will have a beer with the lawyers (because they are really nice and respectful) and on that happy hour all our problems will be solved. If not, they will fight it out on twitter.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Ha ha - "HR 213 will contribute to the problem" - any person claiming to say this, is in my personal opinion either 1. an anti-immigrant 2. someone that just wants to drop these nuggets and watch people go all insightful

An actual attorney, a so called advocate for immigrants, says this about the only bipartisan bill in Congress that has a great chance of moving, and that will reduce backlogs from 70 years to 2 years, including most of us current.

And someone told me that the lawyer's reasoning on why AILA excluded I-140 EAD in their wishlist was "It's not possible for AILA to incorporate everything in a public release" or something like that. - WTF does that even mean? I want to smoke what he is smoking.

Its just an additional bullet for AILA AND the number 1 thing that is impacting every high skilled immigrant out there. AILA wasn't able to incorporate it? - awwwww. This is like Greg saying AILA didn't push for I-140 EAD because there was a 25 page limit by DHS. The more I read about these jokers, the more I laugh.

I am sure that no one on that forum has the balls to stand up to this lawyer and demand of him wtf he is talking about. I don't blame them. They can't see through the BS like IV members do.

So let's see I-140 EAD was not in AILA's submission to DHS, was not in AILA's letter for VB reversal. The only place that I actually saw it being discussed, pushed for is in the IV submissions and the countless meetings we had with the administration. Yet people want to spend their entire days kissing a**** of the very lawyers that are out to screw them, but won't gather the courage to attend one advocacy event. Wonderful. We shall win.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vrs7734 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Not only that. The IV haters are telling people that IV is taking credit for work IV did not do without telling exactly what the lawyers did and achieved as part of EO. IV is being blamed for everything and being thought as an organization that takes credit for other people’s work. I am not sure who these other people are really. The lawyers/followers may be professional in voicing their opinion and hence everybody loves it being classy and all.

There is so much confusion out there and no one knows who to blame or give credit too. Some lawyers with twitters/blog are given “benefit the doubt” despite no evidence that they or their collective bunch really asked for any EO fix to help the backlog class. While at the same time, IV efforts are discredited because they are given the “benefit of blame” due to the VB reversal or not seeing the I-140 EAD/AP rule yet. This is just because IV declared these fixes before others and we have not seen them materialize (yet).

By the same token, these people should blame the ABIL which in their recommendations had the “thanksgiving turkey” idea, which also did not go through or failed in VB fix. Why this single blame on IV? ABIL also failed.

This reminds of people liking presidential candidate (e.g. Bush) because he is nice guy you can have beer with. These guys think that they will have a beer with the lawyers (because they are really nice and respectful) and on that happy hour all our problems will be solved. If not, they will fight it out on twitter.
Oh, you know, those are the people who stole our credit for all the hardwork we did for h4ead. You know that one omb meeting and that massive twitter campaign....oh these people are so bad and they steal credit all the time....look now we started out i140 ead ap twitter campaign today....USCIS will be scared by our campaign and will release the rule and these IV b****** will take credit for that...so evil people, you know

Old 10-20-2015, 04:38 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spulugur View Post
Let say, they matched the EB numbers to SKILL H1b numbers (the bill currently does not, before any of you get your hopes up) - thats 195000 - then EB3 India numbers will be 3,900 -without H.R.213.

That is three thousand nine hundred.

Are you kidding me? How can they agree with him? Are they mad?
I guess when someone is hypnotized, this is possible. There is no other explanation. This is beyond reasoning. US congress can agree that per country quota does not make sense but Indians under the guidance of a lawyer agree that removing per country quota is a problem. But they say that we are high skilled!

Old 10-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
I guess when someone is hypnotized, this is possible. There is no other explanation. This is beyond reasoning. US congress can agree that per country quota does not make sense but Indians under the guidance of a lawyer agree that removing per country quota is a problem. But they say that we are high skilled!
water boys and thaaligirls are the only description that are coming to my mind for this brainless zombies.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

And in the end the lawyers win by dividing the class into IV vs. IV haters. This is classic.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
And in the end the lawyers win by dividing the class into IV vs. IV haters. This is classic.
Sadly that is true.

The lawyer has has talked his servants into ignoring HR.213... pretending as if the most viewed bill in Congress with 50+ sponsors does not exist... what losers.

If you want to understand how the British ruled India for 200 years...spend a day on that forum...you will see the sepoys moderating the discussion there.

I can't believe I am using such language now - but it is true. The VB fiasco opened my eyes.

I hope I140-EAD is still alive, I just want to change my job and live free now... The 9/9 VB was nice while it lasted.

I hope the lawsuit (I paid for ) does not ruin I140-EAD.