Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Santy013 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
I was on the lawyers forum to see what the latest on the lawsuit was and I saw this from the great lawyer himself

He is "advising" the lawsuit kids over there. This is like saying, don't bother giving a heart-attack patient aspirin because what he really needs is oxygen and open-heart surgery...

And they are AGREEING with him

Unbelievable. I thought IV Admins language Servants, Wayerboys, Sepoys was too strong... But after seeing this - I agree!
Well friend, if you see just below that comment, I(Santy) commented that I support HR.213 even the chances of it passing is very slim. If you are going in that forum then you must be seeing all my posts(from yesterday) where I have strongly said that this fight should not be between IV and REMOVED/LAWYERS but it should be IV+REMOVED/LAWYERS Vs whosoever is against us. Why cant we work together? This backlogged problem is hurting me as much as is hurting you. Lets unite friend and work to eliminate this back log issue. Thanks

Last edited by hil3182; 10-20-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy013 View Post
Well friend, if you see just below that comment, I(Santy) commented that I support HR.213 even the chances of it passing is very slim. If you are going in that forum then you must be seeing all my posts(from yesterday) where I have strongly said that this fight should not be between IV and REMOVED/LAWYERS but it should be IV+REMOVED/LAWYERS Vs whosoever is against us. Why cant we work together? This backlogged problem is hurting me as much as is hurting you. Lets unite friend and work to eliminate this back log issue. Thanks
The answer to your question is so basic and commonsense, I will let others educate you.

However, Administrator2's post bears repeating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
For those of us who are stuck in backlogs, there is ONLY one side. You may not realize it, some may not understand it, but there is only one side. EVERYONE, that means EVERYONE out their is working to screw you. Lawyers, Employers, Companies, US companies, Indian Companies, you name it. You may not understand it, but that doesn't change the facts.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

This VB reversal has been a life changing experience for me too. Although, I did not pay the lawyer. It's like histroy is repeating itself live. The same lawyer also brainwashed people by telling them that in 2007 VB reversal AILA was the main reason. I was not following 2007 as I was just happy with winning the H1 lottery, but I think the effort has always been to undermine IV's work. We see that now too and this will go on forever.

The more I go in immigration as an issue, the more I want to stay out but I can't.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
The answer to your question is so basic and commonsense, I will let others educate you.

Thanks hil3182... I will wait for others to educate me. I am optimistic that if members from both the forum(IV and REMOVED/LAWYERS) unite then we can make a huge impact. United we stand and divided we fall... Again thanks for your response.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

How could you expect IV (which represents skilled IMMIGRANTS) work WITH the lawyers (who work to have more IMMIGRATION) ? The main focus for lawyers is to get more H1Bs as evidenced by the lawyer's post on his forum that he does not support H.R. 213 but he'd rather favor more slaves to come in the country.

Someone with a sane mind, please explain me how can someone who is actively against your best interests be pursuaded to work WITH you on the same issue.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND - LAWYERS DO NOT SUPPORT HR 213.

We are on our own. Ignoring this fact is ignoring the reality.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBuyer is on a distinguished road
Default Hi Sengs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Hi,
Is this for advocacy or for your personal case?
Thanks for your reply!

I called congresswomen for October visa bulletin date reversal issue and explained many other got impacted along with me.

I do not have copy of originally published October visa bulletin.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Santy - welcome. One thing you will quickly realize is that we 'keep it real' here. If you want to hear the truth, feel free to hang around here. We have had many folks come from other forums engaging in discussion here , only to go back saying that they feel "offended", "that we are brash".

No we just say things the way they are, unlike lawyers who say things you want to hear.

Who also btw have still not answered some burning questions.

- Why AILA did not push for a single fix for high skilled immigrants in their RFI response to DHS
- Why AILA did not push for I-140 EAD in their VB reversal letter
- Why does your master not support #HR 213. Do any of you guys over there have the balls to call him out on it? No. We do. And just because we do, people call us brash.

And inspire of not getting an answer to any of these questions , most folks get sucked into the sweet talk about by these lawyers on how they intend to change the world.

"HR 213 will contribute to the problem?" - Did someone have the balls to ask him how? No
"AILA did not push for I-140 EAD because it is not possible to publish everything publicly" - Did someone have the balls to call bs on this?" - No
"AILA did not push for high skilled immigration fixes to DHS because there was a 25 page limit" - Any outrage about this? No.

See where am I going with this? And then you come over here with a white flag asking for unity and peace. Guess what, we are already working on this issue, IV volunteers have gathered 58 co-sponsors so far - bi-partisan. Every admin fix that is part of the EO, is in there thanks to IV. I was personally present in the WH briefing room where the administration pointed reporters to speak to IV reps on questions about the high skilled portions of the admin fix.

Ask your master what he has done apart from dropping nuggets all over your forum which all of you latch upon and trying to divide and rule.

Our advocacy efforts are all public and volunteers across the country are working hard. We always want more people. Emphasis on people, not keyboard warriors.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Thanks hil3182... I will wait for others to educate me. I am optimistic that if members from both the forum(IV and REMOVED/LAWYERS) unite then we can make a huge impact. United we stand and divided we fall... Again thanks for your response.
I dare you to ask him question in his forum:

1) What are your thoughts on losing repeat business from H1B clients when most of us are allowed to change jobs on EAD/AP based on approved I-140? You do realize that the forums will be empty except people asking for free advice. Knowing that you are likely going to lose considerable business, do you still support I-140 EAD/AP? If so, what are you actively doing anything about it?

Only business stupid or hypocrites would answer with “yes”. We all know the lawyers are not business stupid.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vrs7734 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dear Friend,

I appreciate your desire that everybody should work together. I would also personally like to see that more people come together and work for a cause.

Problem is the lawyers you are quoting to work with or our backlogged immigrant friends who are working under their guidance are not only working effectively but are working against two of the biggest causes we are advocating. Country cap removal aka HR213 and EAD AP for i140. Let me tell you examples with detail.

1. Angello paparelli publicaly asked immigrants not immediately getting ead after i140 approval due to "employers interest" which does not apply to row folks who are current but only for backlogged people like us

2. AILA never asked or advocated for ead 140. Even afte vb fiasco they sent a letter to administration demanding for opt extension but not ead 140.

3. Greg Siskind, yes, that lawyer who dome people consider a deity, thinks that its an attack on aila when asked about ead 140 position and says i will block you twitter if you criticize aila

4. Matthew oh, yes, the breaking news lawyer, openly said he is sad for employers when the dates originally moved to 2011.

5. Another well know lawyer who just made this so called another advocacy group openly says he does not support hr213.

Now tell me, how can you work with such people or groups who are working against your basic interests? There is a difference between "difference in opinion" and "working against your own interest". We can work with people from first category but absolutely cant work with second. Fire and fuel can never be friends.

I hope soon more people will realize what is in their best interest and work towards it.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

We have come a long way since the early days and have been burnt by lawyers before.

I have heard stories from the old timers from back when we worked with lawyers - we used to schedule meetings about the backlog (and per-country cap) - lawyers would take advantage of inexperienced volunteers and talk about more H1-B and a sprinkling of wishful thinking about more GC's (which is almost impossible to do outside of CIR). Not coindentally, your favorite lawyer has the same positions.

We are not going to repeat our mistakes.

Just like to make clear, we have zero tolerance for people advertising lawyers organizations here. If you want to participate here, get used to it.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by namitxyz View Post
How could you expect IV (which represents skilled IMMIGRANTS) work WITH the lawyers (who work to have more IMMIGRATION) ? The main focus for lawyers is to get more H1Bs as evidenced by the lawyer's post on his forum that he does not support H.R. 213 but he'd rather favor more slaves to come in the country.

Someone with a sane mind, please explain me how can someone who is actively against your best interests be pursuaded to work WITH you on the same issue.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND - LAWYERS DO NOT SUPPORT HR 213.

We are on our own. Ignoring this fact is ignoring the reality.
Thanks namitxyz for your response. I never said that lets work with the lawyers. I said lets all(EB Community) unite from both the forums. We have a common enemy and that is backlog. I am neither in support of any lawyer nor against them, with the same breath I am neither in support of IV nor against it. We(at least I) are in a problem and I am ready to take help from anyone who wants to help. Just because the members are from that forum doesn't mean that they are not facing the same issue like you... Thanks

Old 10-20-2015, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Santi When questions are asked like I asked Greg Siskind. He blocked me from twitter. I asked why AILA didnt ask EAD I140. He said he will block all who insult AILA because insulting AILA is insulting him. Please tell me how is that insulting AILA.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhang_chen View Post
Hey IV, you mentioned we could get our papers ready, you mentioned everything is a done deal, did your flower campaign reverse the VB for all backlogged categories? How is it that every success is due to your persistent efforts and every failure is due to the guys who file a lawsuit, send out twitter campaigns or sign petitions. You claimed you have direct access to the White House and you whisper only in the ears of the immigration gods...why havent we seen any of this translate into results? You are quick to claim betrayal when things dont work out, but I thought you were for preserving the relationships with the admin at the cost of the bad mouthing the very ignoramuses you claim to represent. When have you ever accepted your failure? I'm from the Chinese community and there you are a long running joke...by the way, why does you webpage always say $0 received for this month, I have see multiple people donate money to you.. what happens to the money? Is your Form 990 on this website for people to see how you spend the money?
We have explained the papers issue already. If you are too lazy to look it up, you don't deserve to have any answers. Ditto for our tax records which have to be filed as per-law and are a google search away - again you inability to look it up reflects your laziness.

The donate bar on the webpage is technology issue, we don't have time or inclination to fix. If we are such a running joke in your community, why are you wasting your time here?

Advocacy/Lobbying is a tough game, you can see what we have been upto here: http://timeline.immigrationvoice.org

Companies have spent 100's of millions of dollars trying to get the H1-B cap increased since 2004, and this year their favorite bill - the SKILLS visa act hasn't even been introduced yet. We have a bill introduced and with 50+ sponsors. If any high-skills moves (and one will), HR.213 is the most obvious candidate.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, maybe you should go back to your hole and laugh at us.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-20-2015 at 06:54 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
Santi When questions are asked like I asked Greg Siskind. He blocked me from twitter. I asked why AILA didnt ask EAD I140. He said he will block all who insult AILA because insulting AILA is insulting him. Please tell me how is that insulting AILA.
I understand friend and I completely agree with you...We are all frustrated and life will be so beautiful once we get out of this mess... Isn't it?
Greg might be right or might be wrong but this doesn't resolve our problem. whether he blocks or he ignores, I am not losing a single penny. My point is only this: Lets unite and show this EB Community strength. If we are united, no one will ever think of milking us.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhang_chen View Post
Thank you hil3182 for update. Now I get why other immigration groups don't want to associate with you. non functional donate bar is a convenient technology issue to have no? so there is no visibility or clarity on how things are run or who wants the issues to be resolved. you are in business as long as there is backlogs. People in this forum,please ask questions to your so-called advocacy group. Follow the money. Thanks for the honest answer. I will not bother you anymore.
It is funny to see questions about money from people who do not contribute at all in any way.

Have you or will you ask the lawyer about how the money was spent (if you paid him that is)? Please do.

Double standards. Please ask the same questions of the lawyers too.