Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2015, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crackjack9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenCokila View Post
You got your employer to talk with your Congressman?

Come on… enough horse playing here.
I did too. Whats wrong with that?
If you shared your district and person you spoke to, could have found if anyone here is meeting them or have met them already. Trying to help you !

You reminded me of my past neighbor Kokila Ben and I was wondering if she joined IV now.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcci is on a distinguished road
Default VB Reversal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidisi View Post
Thanks for your hardwork! Not at liberty to disclose timeline yet, but stay tuned!
Will "Stay Tuned" comment imply to VB Reversal as well? Done deal? Thank you!!!

Old 10-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
The question is why he waited so long to file lawsuit for recapture. Should not it have been done many years back ? What has changed ?
See ONE got Client_List + Publicity (along Funding from Crowd and Corporates) filing lawsuit so the OTHER ONE wants some piece of the Pie so talks about R ( which may need Re-Incarnation) . That way his forum gets engaged in meaningless conversations and fooling backlogged guys.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Couldn't stop myself from posting this here from a LF. Members there were advocating for support for HR 213 and the famous lawyer chimed in with this post:

"If you really want to be fair, push for eliminating the distinction between EB2 and EB3 and have just one combined quota."

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeet80 View Post
Couldn't stop myself from posting this here from a LF. Members there were advocating for support for HR 213 and the famous lawyer chimed in with this post:

"If you really want to be fair, push for eliminating the distinction between EB2 and EB3 and have just one combined quota."

Bed bugs have been known as human parasites for thousands of years .....

Old 10-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:

So members want their leader to take up issue which they think is fair but leader does not believe and gives definition of fairness but he will join in because his members want it . Andbecause he is a leader, he will "follow" his members. Is this correct summary?

Old 10-21-2015, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So members want their leader to take up issue which they think is fair but leader does not believe and gives definition of fairness but he will join in because his members want it . Andbecause he is a leader, he will "follow" his members. Is this correct summary?
Don't think he will join in and spend his time in anything more than commenting. He will send them on wild turkey chase in several directions - recapture, reversal, hr213, eb2/3 merger, GC increase and few more.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Can you please ask him to merge EB1+Eb2+EB3 , all countries without quota. That will be 100% fair.

And while you do that merge undocumented with documented to be more human. fair and human rights.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcci is on a distinguished road
Default Warrior

Quote:
Don't think he will join in and spend his time in anything more than commenting. He will send them on wild turkey chase in several directions - recapture, reversal, hr213, eb2/3 merger, GC increase and few more.
He is just a keyboard warrior man. I wouldn't even count on him. He gets over exited when something comes up & sets up false expectations among members. Members ask questions like, what do you think on the chances of VB? He replies back stating inn 1 month, all of you can apply with 09/09 published dates. There were lot of junk speculations from him lately. He may be good at immigration but fixes or advocacy he is just a keyboard warrior with the super admin rights.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Other than the Lawyer, there are no "leaders" in the lawyers forum...just followers.

The Lawyer "promotes" his most loyal followers to "Moderators", "Super Moderators". Someone called them Sepoys...great comparison... The British kept Sepoys to keep India under the enslaved for 200 years.

It's not very surprising the Lawyers Sepoys are behaving like Sepoys.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fundraising campaign for HR 213

Before people start bashing me let me admit that I haven't met any lawmakers or done any advocacy. The most I've done is donate some money and a couple of action items. I think a large group of people reading this forum fall into this category. I'm just thinking out loud on how we can motivate this "sleepy but helpful" category to contribute in any way possible.

My observations:
1. Time is running out for this Congress to implement laws but its still not too late.
2. Reading the news, it looks like the government shutdown theatrics is going to eat up more precious time this year.
3. This community is treated unfairly wrt immigration BUT we are a pretty affluent group (of course because of our hard-work).
4. Contributing money is much easier than contributing time.
5. Over the years I've donated more to my university than IV. Why?...but I care about IV's agenda more than anything.

Focusing on point 5...the folks at my university call me up every other month, talk extremely well for about 3 mins on a cause that I've already forgotten...but at the end of the year I've ended up donating money for things I'd forgotten about.

My point:
In my opinion phone calls are a much better way of soliciting funds than social media or forums. If IV can hire volunteers/student workers/etc. for a fund raising campaign on the phone then I think this "sleepy but helpful" category may turn out to be a substantial source of funds.

Your thoughts??

Old 10-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton View Post
Before people start bashing me let me admit that I haven't met any lawmakers or done any advocacy. The most I've done is donate some money and a couple of action items. I think a large group of people reading this forum fall into this category. I'm just thinking out loud on how we can motivate this "sleepy but helpful" category to contribute in any way possible.

My observations:
1. Time is running out for this Congress to implement laws but its still not too late.
2. Reading the news, it looks like the government shutdown theatrics is going to eat up more precious time this year.
3. This community is treated unfairly wrt immigration BUT we are a pretty affluent group (of course because of our hard-work).
4. Contributing money is much easier than contributing time.
5. Over the years I've donated more to my university than IV. Why?...but I care about IV's agenda more than anything.

Focusing on point 5...the folks at my university call me up every other month, talk extremely well for about 3 mins on a cause that I've already forgotten...but at the end of the year I've ended up donating money for things I'd forgotten about.

My point:
In my opinion phone calls are a much better way of soliciting funds than social media or forums. If IV can hire volunteers/student workers/etc. for a fund raising campaign on the phone then I think this "sleepy but helpful" category may turn out to be a substantial source of funds.

Your thoughts??
Thank you for your thoughts. We don't bash well meaning people here

Regarding #5, we prioritize meetings with legislators over fund-raising. Every spare moment we have is spent either in meetings, preparing for meetings, motivating others to go to meetings or trying to figure out how to get more meetings - and we think that is how it should be.

By our calculations there are 1.1 million people directly or indirectly affected by the backlogs. If they spoke up by - visiting their Rep's office, asking for a meeting with their Rep or ambushing their Rep in townhalls -- there would be no need for us to raise any money, the problem would solve its-self.

That said, your point is well taken - we are looking to be more aggressive in raising funds, but not at the expense of our core mission.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-21-2015, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Well said hil3182. My exact sentiments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Thank you for your thoughts. We don't bash well meaning people here

Regarding #5, we prioritize meetings with legislators over fund-raising. Every spare moment we have is spent either in meetings, preparing for meetings, motivating others to go to meetings or trying to figure out how to get more meetings - and we think that is how it should be.

By our calculations there are 1.1 million people directly or indirectly affected by the backlogs. If they spoke up by - visiting their Rep's office, asking for a meeting with their Rep or ambushing their Rep in townhalls -- there would be no need for us to raise any money, the problem would solve its-self.

That said, your point is well taken - we are looking to be more aggressive in raising funds, but not at the expense of our core mission.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks hil3182 & sengs for your views. I am in complete agreement with it, the core mission is critical.
It is difficult to get the "sleepy but helpful" category of people motivated enough to do advocacy. I'm sure you've experienced it. I feel a slight nudge is enough for them to contribute funds since we also want to be part of the effort and help. I think any help you can get is not bad.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:23 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Money is also important for IV to continue and grow its mission...the sleepy majority has been always around and a few phone calls can be helpful as well to get them in action.