Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shv View Post
POTUS/WH/DOL/DOS/DHS/USCIS are doing their jobs and following processes to implement fixes and also countering the roadblocks and fighting lawsuits to provide relief to immigrants.

Obama EO status so far:-

H4EAD implemented - facing lawsuit (followed rulemaking)
daca/dapa - facing lawsuit (Did not follow rulemaking)
new OPT STEM - In progress (followed rulemaking)
L1 fixes
AC21 fixes - In progress (following rulemaking)
PERM modernization - pending (following rulemaking process)
VB modernization implemented - facing lawsuit
I140ead/ap - pending (following rulemaking process)
I watched that PBS documentary last night and realized that the "Undocumented and Unafraid" people who were the main driving force behind creating this EO opportunity are yet to get any relief (DAPA). Their efforts and standing together on the problem they face was really something else.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I watched that PBS documentary last night and realized that the "Undocumented and Unafraid" people who were the main driving force behind creating this EO opportunity are yet to get any relief (DAPA). Their efforts and standing together on the problem they face was really something else.
I watched it too. The organizer for undocumented was pretty good. Got to appreciate undocumented folks they might have lost their daily wage but attended their advocacy meetings. But us EB folks don't even bother to. I still don't understand if Eric cantor loss or undocumented the border caused the republicans to not bring up the bill. Another interesting thing is Texas will have 3 million Hispanics who can vote in 2016. Texas going blue baby...

Old 10-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light rbusgc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
I watched it too. The organizer for undocumented was pretty good. Got to appreciate undocumented folks they might have lost their daily wage but attended their advocacy meetings. But us EB folks don't even bother to. I still don't understand if Eric cantor loss or undocumented the border caused the republicans to not bring up the bill. Another interesting thing is Texas will have 3 million Hispanics who can vote in 2016. Texas going blue baby...
If that ever happens.. 'Texas going Blue'.. that would be the end of Republican Presidents for ever and now you know why Republicans will fight tooth and nail to avoid such a scenario.

Old 10-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbusgc View Post
If that ever happens.. 'Texas going Blue'.. that would be the end of Republican Presidents for ever and now you know why Republicans will fight tooth and nail to avoid such a scenario.
That stat is quoted by a republican congressman from South Carolina of Irish descent. Interesting to see if that happens.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road
Default Sign this online petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
That stat is quoted by a republican congressman from South Carolina of Irish descent. Interesting to see if that happens.
The lawyers have taken a stand and they are going to REMOVED LAWYERS ADVERTISEMENT

All the chamchas, sepoys and waterboys are ordered by their master to sign this petition -
REMOVED LAWYERS ADVERTISEMENT

-FU

Last edited by hil3182; 10-22-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default Let us not get distracted from main goals ...

1. By focussing on syntax and symantics and communication protocol. Different people are at different places and come from different view points. It is easily understandable that people who spend significant amount of time and resources in IV will be more passionate and hence the language etc. is excusable. It is not a perfect world and no need to be ordered when chaos is required. So I am totally with Hil, DMX, seng etc.
2. Hil - I am waiting for your email .. got your reply mentioning that you have my email. We can get started on creative projects like how to increase the memberships at state level. We do all we can ...
3. Lawyers - more and more it is becoming clear that they are just a noise that is not required., we can mute them out. We use them only as per our requirement since this is our money and more importantly our matter. If a lawyer such as greg or whatever the f*** that is is so interested, they can clearly specify goals, align their actions and thoughts along it.

This is serious business not bottomline or revenues.

It is easy to form accounts online and troll others in all internet sites or social media so let us not be civil and polite to them. If some one gives them a good public spanking, so be it.

4. we should take IV against AILA and not individual lawyers since they are not at the same level and dont worry that any single lawsuit will jeopardize the whole thing since this system does not work that way. We all have to learn how this system works, how to navigate thru it given the current mess that legal immigration is in. Lot of reforms that we see were done by passionate, hard working individuals with strong values who did not care of thanks anyway. Thats how we in India got freedom too. Thats how it is in American history too. So nothing big. Lets get on with real life actionable items.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default what are other advocacy organizations in this space ?

I like IV is doing. Kudos to its team to not only have such strong values but also following that up with actions.

I have a question: The only organization that I knew from my buddies is IV. In facebook I see a bunch scattered along. Are there any other similar organizations -- it is fine if they have different strategies as long as the goal is same. So some may believe more on judiciary route - that is okay. Some like IV and myself will look into legislative route only. Others may have similar other ideas.

It will be good to know the good as well as bad or organizations that should be stayed away from. Had there been some info out there on the poor folks who shelled out money for lawyers in the recent month, they would have thought twice before jumping into that pit.

Thanks in advance.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Sign the online petition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankUnderwood View Post
The lawyers have taken a stand and they are going to REMOVED LAWYERS ADVERTISEMENT

All the chamchas, sepoys and waterboys are ordered by their master to sign this petition -
REMOVED LAWYERS ADVERTISEMENT

-FU
I can't believe you guys delete the link even before reading the contents. Atleast read it before you delete - http://wh.gov/iEjxi

Our favorite lawyers are going on a fast and we should be promoting this activity instead of suppressing it. As a matter of fact, We the people are asking USCIS to return the medical and lawyer's fees.

Don't delete it this time!

-FU

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute
Default :d

Thanks funny
@FrankUnderwood

Old 10-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can't believe you guys delete the link even before reading the contents. Atleast read it before you delete - http://wh.gov/iEjxi

Our favorite lawyers are going on a fast and we should be promoting this activity instead of suppressing it. As a matter of fact, We the people are asking USCIS to return the medical and lawyer's fees.

-FU
Another online petition? Seriously?
Why dont you guys get it? These petitions have no value. How many times we need to tell you guys?

Old 10-22-2015, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:

-FU
Like it very much . Wonderful, rofl. IV should promote this petition. Would it be fasting until goal is reached? I wish the wording could be changed to reflect that.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Why dont you guys get it? These petitions have no value. How many times we need to tell you guys?
Be positive. I hope we get the 100k signatures for this one. We need to unite for this cause............

Old 10-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Sengs, you got to read the petition first. This is funny and will make the attorneys fast for us. Nothing more good has happened that that in several years

Old 10-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

This petition must be supported by all

Old 10-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
Sengs, you got to read the petition first. This is funny and will make the attorneys fast for us. Nothing more good has happened that that in several years
Fasting is good for the health