Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
If that was really the fear, house would not have passed to repeal Obamacare 50 times, yes 50 times
There is a hidden sly and negative message in Ramlingam posts. He thinks like other forums people will be naive here too to believe in whatever is thrown at them. He has no idea how IV members savvy are in US politics
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
There is a hidden sly and negative message in Ramlingam posts. He thinks like other forums people will be naive here too to believe in whatever is thrown at them. He has no idea how IV members savvy are in US politics
People here have actual lobbying experience...

Old 10-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

We need to focus on this petition - http://wh.gov/iEjxi to show our strength. We need atleast 5k signatures by EOD! We must UNITE!!!

Old 10-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BenCokila is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankUnderwood View Post
We need to focus on this petition - http://wh.gov/iEjxi to show our strength. We need atleast 5k signatures by EOD! We must UNITE!!!
I like this petition, after all. I lost my money on the stupid lawsuit. Can this petition be made viral in Twitter? Someone twitted this yesterday, and I wanted to RT, but I am new to twitter world, and not have many followers. I can do it over FB? Any suggestions?

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Just FYI....speaking of petitions. .

We are about to enter our congressman local office with a real petition that people took the time to sign manually.

On doubts, yes there are doubts but we will not abandon the efforts just because. ..

Go IV volunteers (this time including me for the first time in person)

Cheers.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post

We are about to enter our congressman local office with a real petition that people took the time to sign manually.

On doubts, yes there are doubts but we will not abandon the efforts just because. ..

Cheers.
Good luck. Thanks for stepping up!

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-23-2015, 10:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post

Cheers.
First step towards real advocacy is the best, biggest and boldest step you have taken in your life. You get cosponsorship or not, it will open a completely new window in your life, which will be very hard to close again.

May the Force be with you!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BenCokila is infamous around these parts

I signed the WH petition. http://wh.gov/iEjxi because I lost my money on the lawsuit, and I would like to get my money back.

However, after going through the language of the petition, I am having serious doubt about values of such petitions. It is although a very sincere petition but extremely sarcastic. This means that anyone can create a petition, even a WH petition - and people can sign it. Do you really think WH actually cares about these petitions? Signing these petitions looks like a grand waste of time! ……. I am feeling very demotivated after this.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Chamber CEO Walks Back Ultimatum on GOP and Immigration - Bloomberg Politics

Old 10-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenCokila View Post
I signed the WH petition. http://wh.gov/iEjxi because I lost my money on the lawsuit, and I would like to get my money back.

However, after going through the language of the petition, I am having serious doubt about values of such petitions. It is although a very sincere petition but extremely sarcastic. This means that anyone can create a petition, even a WH petition - and people can sign it. Do you really think WH actually cares about these petitions? Signing these petitions looks like a grand waste of time! ……. I am feeling very demotivated after this.
Exact reasons why we discourage such petitions. We don't want people to have unwanted expectations. Everyone who follows IV can vouch for that.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Exact reasons why we discourage such petitions. We don't want people to have unwanted expectations. Everyone who follows IV can vouch for that.
Buttt Buttttt Butttttttttt Buttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IF WE GET 100K SIGNATURES THIS TIME??????

-FU

Old 10-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Hil or senior admins I am going to send below response to our congresswoman Susan brooks in Indiana. Please let me know if this is good. I am going to team with Viskon to personally meet her as well. But I am going to send this response before we meet up as well.

Thank you Congresswoman for the Reply. I have a masters from Texas A & M university and have worked in Carmel for 8 years now. I planning on establishing my own IT company.
This bill will clear the immigration backlog for people from India and China. Currently since I am an Indian citizen it takes close to 15 years to get a green card for me.
Green Card will allow me to establish a company. This bill will not increase Green Card count or H1B visa count. So it will not affect job opportunities for Americans as well.
It merely distributes the percentage of green cards allocated between various countries. This bill actually adds more jobs to economy by allowing immigrants like me to establish IT companies.
I would really appreciate you taking another look at the bill with a view to co-sponsoring it. I personally know few of my friends who are waiting in Hamilton county affected by the green card backlog.
You can also reach out to Congressman's Chaffetz's office about details of this bill if you have any questions.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Congresswoman for the Reply. I have a masters from Texas A & M university and have worked in Carmel for 8 years now. I planning on establishing my own IT company.
This bill will clear the immigration backlog for people from India and China. Currently since I am an Indian citizen it takes close to 15 years to get a green card for me.
Green Card will allow me to establish a company. This bill will not increase Green Card count or H1B visa count. So it will not affect job opportunities for Americans as well.
It merely distributes the percentage of green cards allocated between various countries. This bill actually adds more jobs to economy by allowing immigrants like me to establish IT companies.
I would really appreciate you taking another look at the bill with a view to co-sponsoring it. I personally know few of my friends in Hamilton county affected by the green card backlog.
You can also reach out to Congressman's Chaffetz's office about details of this bill if you have any questions.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankUnderwood View Post
Buttt Buttttt Butttttttttt Buttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IF WE GET 100K SIGNATURES THIS TIME??????

-FU
Yes we can.

Apart from what you have said in the petition, I can promise that I will myself do hunger strike sitting in front of the computer in front of IV homepage in my cubicle before my lunch time!

Old 10-23-2015, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
It is also a waste of time.

There are 100's of petitions out there and people think they have 1111 days to gather 22222222 signatures - in the mistaken assumption that something earth shattering will happen.

We know exactly which 25 year old intern will look at the petition. If the petitioners are VERY VERY VERY lucky - you get the signatures AND the 25 year old intern from Ohio state University actually understands the petition, it will get to his bosses boss - who will spend the afternoon writing a polite "f*** off" response.

Meanwhile we could have picked up the phone and got someone useful to atleast give the issue honest consideration - like we have been doing for I140-EAD since early 2014.

The only people who want you to sign digital petitions are idiots and Lawyers Groups - whose agenda is to keep you busy with useless things so you can stay on H1 forever.

Hope people learn something from this Underwood character and stop posting links to petitions on our website - we are getting tired of editing posts and explaining the same thing over and over.

If instead of running around looking for people to sign petitions, people started working on actual contact with lawmakers to solve this problem, the backlog problem will be solved faster and people will have more time to do other things in life.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-23-2015 at 11:24 AM.