Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
Thank you Congresswoman for the Reply. I have a masters from Texas A & M university and have worked in Carmel for 8 years now. I planning on establishing my own IT company.
This bill will clear the immigration backlog for people from India and China. Currently since I am an Indian citizen it takes close to 15 years to get a green card for me.
Green Card will allow me to establish a company. This bill will not increase Green Card count or H1B visa count. So it will not affect job opportunities for Americans as well.
It merely distributes the percentage of green cards allocated between various countries. This bill actually adds more jobs to economy by allowing immigrants like me to establish IT companies.
I would really appreciate you taking another look at the bill with a view to co-sponsoring it. I personally know few of my friends in Hamilton county affected by the green card backlog.
You can also reach out to Congressman's Chaffetz's office about details of this bill if you have any questions.
Have you met this office personally ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
Have you met this office personally ?
Not yet. But we are planning to. We and another member here are.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenCokila View Post
I signed the WH petition. http://wh.gov/iEjxi because I lost my money on the lawsuit, and I would like to get my money back.

However, after going through the language of the petition, I am having serious doubt about values of such petitions. It is although a very sincere petition but extremely sarcastic. This means that anyone can create a petition, even a WH petition - and people can sign it. Do you really think WH actually cares about these petitions? Signing these petitions looks like a grand waste of time! ……. I am feeling very demotivated after this.
In my opinion, the whole purpose of that petition was to show you that anybody can create any stupid petition, anybody can sign it. Infact, you can outsource it to a sweatshop to have code monkeys generate email ids and sign these petitions for you.

I hope the petition was indeed meant to be sarcastic, unless FU would say he really meant it!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Dear

Thank you for the Reply.

I have a masters from Texas A & M university and have worked in Carmel for 8 years now. I planning on establishing my own IT company. This bill will clear the immigration backlog for people from India and China. Currently since I am an Indian citizen it takes close to 15 years to get a green card for me.

Green Card will allow me to establish a company. This bill will not increase Green Card count or H1B visa count. So it will not affect job opportunities for Americans as well. It merrily removes the unfair per-country cap on employment based Green Cards. The per-country cap is unfair (and nonsensical) because H1-B visa's which are a pipeline into the Green Card System have no-per country caps but Green Cards do. The absurdity is compounded when you consider that it is illegal to discriminate on the basis on national origin when hiring people, but when it comes time to adjust status to that of a permanent resident - all of a sudden national origin becomes an issue.

There is the additional tragedy of Children aging out of the system. Currently legal tax-paying immigrants who came to the US with minor non-citizen children face the prospect of their children "aging-out" when they get to an age where they cease to qualify as dependents on their parents immigration petition. These children have to either leave the only country they have known or stay back on a non-immigrant visa (like a student visa). Staying back on a non-immigrant visa is often a untenable proposition because qualifying for one requires one to prove intent to not immigrate - which is an oxymoron when you have just aged out of an immigration petition. With the employment based green card backlog estimated at 30-70 years now, this unfortunate situation is occurring with distressing frequency.

Additionally, this bill actually adds more jobs to economy by allowing immigrants like me to establish companies. I would really appreciate you taking another look at the bill with a view to co-sponsoring it. I personally know many people in Hamilton county affected by the green card backlog.

You can also reach out to Congressman's Chaffetz's office about details of this bill if you have any questions.

Updated letter above.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Not yet. But we are planning to. We and another member here are.
Ask for cosponship should be in the meeting, not in the email itself

Old 10-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Freedom Caucus impact

Its clear Freedom Caucus is being influenced heavily by NumbersUSA like groups and they are primarily nativist in nature. Considering Ryan may not want to pick a fight with this group for our cause any time soon, wouldn’t it make most sense to channel all our efforts to convince members of the Freedom Caucus to support HR-213 ? I am sure if the speaker doesn’t have to worry about this caucus, the chances of getting the bill to a vote increases dramatically. So if we can get a few of the freedom Caucus members to co sponsor, it would be a larger impact than getting other moderate republicans cosponsoring.

IV admins, please share your thoughts.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by devndev View Post
Its clear Freedom Caucus is being influenced heavily by NumbersUSA like groups and they are primarily nativist in nature. Considering Ryan may not want to pick a fight with this group for our cause any time soon, wouldn’t it make most sense to channel all our efforts to convince members of the Freedom Caucus to support HR-213 ? I am sure if the speaker doesn’t have to worry about this caucus, the chances of getting the bill to a vote increases dramatically. So if we can get a few of the freedom Caucus members to co sponsor, it would be a larger impact than getting other moderate republicans cosponsoring.

IV admins, please share your thoughts.
Raul Labrador has co-sponsored HR.213, he is Freedom Caucus. In-fact - he was original co-sponsor.

People are reading too much into trying to figure out which Congressional groups are for and which groups are against - fact of the matter is representatives of all major groups are already on the bill. This will make it easier to get more co-sponsors which will make it easier to get the bill a vote. Getting more co-sponsors makes it easier to get even more co-sponsors which will make it even easier to get the bill a vote. Most of the heavy lifting has been done - the virtuous cycle of adding sponsors needs to continue - people just need to go to their Reps and ask now.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crackjack9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Just FYI....speaking of petitions. .

We are about to enter our congressman local office with a real petition that people took the time to sign manually.

On doubts, yes there are doubts but we will not abandon the efforts just because. ..

Go IV volunteers (this time including me for the first time in person)

Cheers.
DMX - Congrats and welcome to Shoe-Leather advocacy. Cosponsorship or no cosponsorship, I can certainly sense the pride in your post. The pride that only comes from actually contributing where it matters the most.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crackjack9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Yes we can.

Apart from what you have said in the petition, I can promise that I will myself do hunger strike sitting in front of the computer in front of IV homepage in my cubicle before my lunch time!
ROFL
Krantikari, bahut hee Krantikari !

Old 10-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackjack9 View Post
DMX - Congrats and welcome to Shoe-Leather advocacy. Cosponsorship or no cosponsorship, I can certainly sense the pride in your post. The pride that only comes from actually contributing where it matters the most.
Thank you and everyone for the encouragement. Yes the pride and excitement was truly meant (not like some people who we know)

Old 10-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you and everyone for the encouragement. Yes the pride and excitement was truly meant (not like some people who we know)
How much money did u exactly spend to go to a "lawmaker"? Not a "lawyer"?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
How much money did u exactly spend to go to a "lawmaker"? Not a "lawyer"?
My charge rate is $150/hr and I spent about 2 hours including travel time. A lot of preparation also went in and a lot of people supported this effort. Especially the esteemed number cruncher geniuses who cooked up all kinds of numbers to support the basis of our bill. I can go on and on but I have limited characters.....

But I am opening a crowdfund and only ask for expenses (gas and car maintenance) which amounts to $2. The support from the immigrant community is commendable.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajesh06 is on a distinguished road

Great letter Hil3182!

- just one typo merrily -> merely

Old 10-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Hill for the updated letter. Thanks Rajesh I think he pasted my typo got that corrected as well and sent it to congresswoman. We have another member who is interested in meeting congresswoman in our area. I could say our district is as conservative as it can get in midwest. Hopefully we can get her as co sponsorship.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My charge rate is $150/hr and I spent about 2 hours including travel time. A lot of preparation also went in and a lot of people supported this effort. Especially the esteemed number cruncher geniuses who cooked up all kinds of numbers to support the basis of our bill. I can go on and on but I have limited characters.....

But I am opening a crowdfund and only ask for expenses (gas and car maintenance) which amounts to $2. The support from the immigrant community is commendable.

Can you provide us with your gas invoices and receipts. We also need transparency in your charge rate. Can you please provide us with your tax forms and also detail time and travel logs. Are these audited? All these will help us decide if we can trust you, as you are not a lawyer with a blog or a twitter handle