Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
testman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Weather was bad in DC - but that nyt article was huge. It was written by the same person who broker the Disney, SCE and Toys R Us stories - it will be noticed by the right people and could snowball. She spoke to our volunteers and got the correct message out. There are other leads we are working on. This is not over.

After today there is no doubt in my mind USCIS/DHS realizes what impact their VB shenanigans has on our lives.
Can't express the thankfulness I am feeling to you and everyone from IV. You guys rock!

At least we are not suffering alone and silently. Thank you for leading the entire community.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Britbart picked it up.

Report: Lawsuit Charges Obama Admin. Visa Revision Cost Immigrants Millions - Breitbart

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raj131982 is on a distinguished road

@IV admins,

Do you recommend sending emails to our respective district reps who represent in HOR? If so, can someone paste the body line so that even new members can go ahead and send them emails to generate a strong push...Like someone said, let's not have any stone unturned....

Old 10-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Friends,

Signing a petition online doesn't take more than 10 seconds to anyone. I heard from IV admin to not fall for signing the petitions. However I am of the guy who takes the approach of sending flowers to DHS office as well as signing the petition, posting my view on FB, waiting for a common subject line & message body to send email to House of Representatives and Senators.

All this being online does not sweat us at all. So I would go ahead and do all this. Like I said before, let's not leave any stone unturned until our voices are heard loud and clear.

If this makes sense, go ahead by all means....If not, sit silently and expect someone else to do your work and give you the results you expected in the first place.

PS: I am a victim in the recent VB fiasco.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

@hil3182,

Can someone from the admin group send us a common subject line & a message body to send our emails to our respective HORs and State senators?

Old 10-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj131982 View Post
@hil3182,

Can someone from the admin group send us a common subject line & a message body to send our emails to our respective HORs and State senators?
You can write your own angry letter for now. I am sure when the time is right and if there is an action item, IV will post.

This is what I wrote if you want to use it as a reference:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Unjust and Cruel Treatment by the Department of Home Security (DHS) and Department of State (DOS)

Dear Representative,

I am writing to you in desperation with the hope that your office will able to help with the latest crisis Department of Home Security (DHS) and Department of State (DOS) have created for thousands of law-abiding legal immigrants living the U.S. I urge you to take this issue and pressurize the DHS and DOS to undo the damage they are inflicting as explain in detail below.

Every first week of the month, the DOS in consultation with the DHS issues a visa bulletin listing the edibility of future Americans to file for permanent residence card. For the month of October, such visa bulletin for October 2015 was issued on September 9th, 2015 of this month. Based upon this, I and my family prepared our application spending considerable money and time while making significant life decisions.

In a shocking and unprecedented and mysterious move on Sept 25th 2015, the U.S. Department of State (DOS) issued a revised October 2015 Visa Bulletin that supersedes the Visa Bulletin originally published on September 9th, 2015. The most dramatic changes impact Indian nationals in the EB-2 preference category, where the original eligible filing date of July 1, 2011 has now been updated to July 1, 2009. In addition, the filing dates for EB-2 China have changed from May 1, 2014 to January 1, 2013. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) stated that it will rely on the latest chart published by DOS on September 25, 2015 rather than the earlier bulletin. Consequently, many families must continue to wait indefinitely before they can apply for the final stages of the green card. For their inhumane actions, they are now facing potential lawsuit to reverse the course.

I and my family have been living in this country we like to call home for more than 14 years. Yet, we have not felt the security that we can settle in this land of immigrants and contribute meaningfully to the economy by creating small businesses, buying property, furthering education to name a few reasons. I come from a state in India which prides itself for creating small businesses and thereby creating jobs. When my community and relatives, who are naturalized U.S. Citizens small business owners, ask me if would like to be a small business owner as partner, I have been declining these offers for years in fear of packing my bags due to the immigration system that pigeon-holes hundreds of thousands of talented individuals to the same employer. And this is a story of just one family!

My family spent a significant amount of time and money in attorney fees and medical tests in making our green card applications documents ready for delivery to the USCIS on October 1st, 2015. Currently, this expense including attorney fees and tests amount to more than $4000, although the loss is more emotional which cannot be valued by putting a dollar sign. I have also personally been holding off and declining job prospects with the hopes of seeing some relief. False hopes indeed!

To find that USCIS will not accept our application by changing the previously issued visa bulletin has caused significant emotional and financial trauma to my family. We humbly request that thousands of legal immigrant families be allowed to file their applications as was promised by the previously issued October visa bulletin. Your help is critical as we try to reverse the cruel actions taken by the Government.

Sincerely,
XXX

Old 10-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a response for you:

Immigration Voice - View Single Post - Will you be impacted by VB Reversal?

Immigration Voice - View Single Post - Will you be impacted by VB Reversal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj131982 View Post
Friends,

Signing a petition online doesn't take more than 10 seconds to anyone. I heard from IV admin to not fall for signing the petitions. However I am of the guy who takes the approach of sending flowers to DHS office as well as signing the petition, posting my view on FB, waiting for a common subject line & message body to send email to House of Representatives and Senators.

All this being online does not sweat us at all. So I would go ahead and do all this. Like I said before, let's not leave any stone unturned until our voices are heard loud and clear.

If this makes sense, go ahead by all means....If not, sit silently and expect someone else to do your work and give you the results you expected in the first place.

PS: I am a victim in the recent VB fiasco.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monto1 is on a distinguished road

called my representative somone said she would return the call.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tpathrose is on a distinguished road

I called my rep office- Bob Dold. He is a republican and i explained everything to the lady (who was not willing to let me talk to rep) i think that is a given.
Anyways long story short, they said they only heard about it yesterday and he needs all information to give a comment on it(i highly doubt that will happen).
i talked about all the issues, and IV. and how its a hot topic now. asked for their support .

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tpathrose is on a distinguished road

Did someone delete the message about what Greg needs? Oh my !.
i thought we all are working together for this. Guess not!

Old 10-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpathrose View Post
Did someone delete the message about what Greg needs? Oh my !.
i thought we all are working together for this. Guess not!
Please see
https://twitter.com/gsiskind

Please follow him on Twitter

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
testman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracka View Post
Please see
https://twitter.com/gsiskind

Please follow him on Twitter
Don't you think we have enough of this GS saga. Plz, give us a break. We know how to read twitter; we don't need a minute by minute breakdown of anyone's account.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by testman View Post
Don't you think we have enough of this GS saga. Plz, give us a break. We know how to read twitter; we don't need a minute by minute breakdown of anyone's account.
I agree. I also request "greyhair" to make this happen.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

USCIS's Charles Oppenhiem responded to greg's Lawsuit
There is chance of getting a Restraining Order on Monday
We will win

[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ZdKB-JAGi7OHJXYjNxRDVLTUdkb0pXUk5qRXdkT2M3anA4/view

Old 10-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Z...kT2M3anA4/view

Link here

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.