Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default CAlling them

This is a good action item and will call them now. Anyone called CA senators .. I guess I will stall call them .. that way more calls means the message will go across as to how the people are suffereing.

I had already sent emails and paid office visit last week. So today a round of call and then hopefully some time we do a physical meeting with them ...

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Done with 12 phone numbers, feel like a telemarketer

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopingForFreedom is on a distinguished road
Default Called 2 Senator offices and 2 Representative offices

I am from Atlanta, GA and I just called both the Senators as well as Representatives. Two calls were forwarded to voice mail, and one front desk person gave me an email address of the Legislative point of contact for Immigration, emailed that person as well. I am encouraging my friends also to do the same....Thanks IV!! You rock!

Old 10-05-2015, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I had one of the best experiences just now..... I talked to Bill Wilkinson at the DC office of Congressman Michael T McCaul of TX and have this channel open. He was nice and listened to my concerns.

He said he will follow-up directly with WH (based on an e-mail I am about to send him and the link of the IV page that Admin2 shared). He will also send my e-mail to all others that he think can help best. Feels good!

Old 10-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nchoontharu is on a distinguished road
Default Called Dianne Feinstein-CA senetor

Called California senetor Dianne Feinstein,explained the issue , They are aware of the issue.I was asked about my zipcode.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crackjack9 is on a distinguished road

Called PA senators office. Explained the issue and will follow up again in a few days.
Putting polite pressure ! If most of us affected resident do this much, I am sure DHS will feel it and do something about it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I had one of the best experiences just now..... I talked to Bill Wilkinson at the DC office of Congressman Michael T McCaul of TX and have this channel open. He was nice and listened to my concerns.

He said he will follow-up directly with WH (based on an e-mail I am about to send him and the link of the IV page that Admin2 shared). He will also send my e-mail to all others that he think can help best. Feels good!
This is the kind of stuff that moves the needle.

The bashing that takes place on other threads (and forums for that matter) is fun and might educate people, but is just talk. This is action.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
This is the kind of stuff that moves the needle.

The bashing that takes place on other threads (and forums for that matter) is fun and might educate people, but is just talk. This is action.
Thanks man! You still rock with the number of calls you have made. Notwithstanding the talk!

Old 10-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Contacted chuck schumer, kirsten gilibrand and carolyn maloney office. they were accommodative and said they with contact their peers in WH.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bnaik is on a distinguished road
Default Contacted Bob Dold (IL-10)

Contacted Congressman Bob Dold office IL-10 and spoke to the legislative assistant handling immigration. They were aware of the issue and are working on escalating it. Also sent followup email with the pdf link.

Going to visit their office later this afternoon.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default calling across board ..

I have been calling to the states where I have still the links .. one state where I still own home while another where I work. Yet another where I pay taxes. So I guess, it is better if we call the states where we have any past and thus there is some links established to call them. Some of them are awrare and just taking messages. I have tried to condense the messgae that I am ..... calling from ... am a grassroots member of an organization Immigration Voice. Recently there was an visa bulletin issued with July 2011 dates ... got retrogresed to July 2009. ... Medical bills and uncertainity .. please reach out your contact line from the original email .. then I add something that I feel too since it should be real and not scripted. I think everyone should do the same and it is fine to add aa, umm etc .. thats normal and obama uses aa a lot in sentences to sound real and human .. so use all that and call them all you can today. Some of them also gave me the emails which I plan to send across tomorrow. one thing to note is that this not personal case as some of them tell you, it is a general case which is impacting thousands of people across states and you are calling your local rep. to let them know of your grievances and to push the white house to have it reversed to july 2011 date. It is just adjustment of status after all not actual green card.... anyhow that need to be addressed using similar calls like this.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I am doing quite a few calls today, so I did hit the personal case confusion often - one way to expedite it is to ask to someone about Immigration Policy.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amit.vasp is on a distinguished road

Hi

I have called

NC senators
Thom Tillis & Richard Burr
I was asked to fill privacy authorization form by Senator Thom Tillis office.
NC Representative

David E Price

Also was asked to email.

Currently sending emails along with attaching the pdf document provided in this forum.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
missedthecut is on a distinguished road
Default Action item

Called both senators of maryland and the representative of Maryland 7th district of congress.

Left a voice message for both the senators and sent and email to the House representative.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Default Called Boxer, Speir, and Feinstein

I live in the bay area. I called Congresswoman Jakki Speirs office, and it doesn't look like they were aware of this issue. I introduced myself as a member of immigration voice and told them that I was impacted by the reversal of this Visa bulletin. The staffer asked for my name, address, and email address.

I called Senator Boxer. Her DC phone mentioned that we could call her Oakland office as well, and so I did. The staffer seemed to be familiar with the terms "visa retrogression" and the like. She also mentioned that if I wanted a response, I should mail or fax a letter to their LA office.

Finally, I called Senator Dianne Feinstein's office. The first time I called the line was busy, but the second time somebody actually picked up. They did not seem to be familiar with what I had stated, but took down my grievances. They did not ask me for my name, but only for my ZIP Code. They mentioned that the senator gets a call report every day that she looks at. They also mentioned that if I wanted to email the center, I could fill out a form on the website.