Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Default missing the cur

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedthecut View Post
Called both senators of maryland and the representative of Maryland 7th district of congress.

Left a voice message for both the senators and sent and email to the House representative.
"missedthecut" We have a local chapter group in Maryland. Please click this link & join us in the Maryland local Chapter to actively participate: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IVStChapterMD/
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
apurva2 is on a distinguished road
Default Called NJ Senators & Congressman Rodney P. Frelinghuysen

Left a message for Congressman Rodney's office, they said someone will call back.
Left a message for Senator Booker's office they said someone will call back.
Left a voicemail for Senator Menendez's office.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva2 View Post
Left a message for Congressman Rodney's office, they said someone will call back.
Left a message for Senator Booker's office they said someone will call back.
Left a voicemail for Senator Menendez's office.
Called House of Rep office (Robert Pittenger) and left detailed Voice Message.
Called Sen. Thom Tillis's office and left voice mail as well as send message through his website.
Called Senator Richard Burr office and talked to His Immigration point person, explained situation. He asked for my name and address and requested email about issue. Send him email with PDF file URL.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dvsj is on a distinguished road

Called and emailed offices of Sen. Barbara Boxer , Sen. Dianne Feinstein, and Rep. Anna Eshoo. I had called before emailing and addressed those emails to the person I spoke to.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Called Oregon lawmakers

Called Sen Ron Wyden and Sen Jeff Merkley and Congresswoman.
Left a voicemail for all of them.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amit.vasp is on a distinguished road

Hey GCHUNGRY

I have called and sent emails to Sen.Thom Tillis to his Immigration person.
and also called and sent information to Sen. Burr through his website.

Do you have an email address for Sen.Burr representative so that I will email him as well.

Thanks

Old 10-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-10
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vicky23 is on a distinguished road

Called Sen. Robert MenÚndez, the guys was aware of the problem along with Immigration Voice and he was like it is better if some one directly from IV shall contact them and they can work with them. Asked to send out email regarding the same.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.vasp View Post
Hey GCHUNGRY

I have called and sent emails to Sen.Thom Tillis to his Immigration person.
and also called and sent information to Sen. Burr through his website.

Do you have an email address for Sen.Burr representative so that I will email him as well.

Thanks
Hey Amit.vasp
I went to Home | U.S. Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina and chose Contact Us link. In there I mentioned "Attn: Ben" in message body and I referenced our phone conversation.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky23 View Post
Called Sen. Robert MenÚndez, the guys was aware of the problem along with Immigration Voice and he was like it is better if some one directly from IV shall contact them and they can work with them. Asked to send out email regarding the same.
The guy who deals with Mendez's office is going to get a nice laugh out of that.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
haranrk is on a distinguished road

Called Anna Eshoo's office again. They are aware of the issue and they noted down my concern. They didn't connect me to the immigration staff unlike last time (Fri). I will call again tomorrow.

Called Dianne Feinstein's office and they noted down my concern. They said they are aware of this issue as well. Will followup with them again soon.

Called Barbara Boxer's office. No one at the DC office answered (busy for a long time). Called her Oakland office and left a voicemail for the immigration staff.

I will followup with all offices again tomorrow. Until they provide an answer.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bhargavsrinadh is on a distinguished road
Default Open a case?

Called up Sen. Diane Feinstien and Sen.Barbara Boxer offices and in both the cases we were requested to open up a case which has a privacy statement. Until it's open they won't be able to discuss the issue. Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Old 10-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default ca senators

I called the ca senators office this morning and was able to explain the whole situation in the full. They did not ask for any privacy statement or any other thing that jacob was asking.
When they ask for case - tell them that this is not your specific individual case and for thousands of people. Even if they take your case number all they will do is ask USCIS and then let you know the same thing that you can get by accessing the USCIS website in the first place. So always say it is not your specific case. They are never of help in such cases anyway. Make it clear that its is legislative issue and you would like their support in getting White house legislative contact to probe this issue and get to the root cause of why this happened, how to fix , when will it be fixed and to revert it .. tell all this!

I am planning on calling the senators office from CA tomorrow. There seem to be a good number here from LA and also in facebook there was interest for meeting LA lawmakers.
There are two senators office in LA downtown and there is one local congresswoman in San Pedro Downtown - I have been to the San Pedro one and I am thinking if there is enough support we can visit all three offices and will also support if you want to go to nearby ones like Longbeach etc. We can coordinate that on facebook and figure thta out .. please join the FB group of CA chapter. Lots going on there.

Others - the negativity has gone down off late .. lets continue to keep it that way .. read up all posts and all views before commenting .. let us go with IV and also if you like other routes, execute them silently no need to advertise. Others will do as they feel well. Everyone here is a mature adult with families and kids and let us all act like one too.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default got voice mail from diane fienstein office in CA

that they got my message and they are looking into it .. got couple other senators from other state where I reside also .. today will continue calling few more senators and congressmen... I implore other folks also to call their resident state lawmakers as well as one where they work or had previos relationships ..

I somehow get the feeling that this time around people are less enthusiastic compared to 2007 when andhra population and gujus and tamils and marathis and practically everyone who also did not have any interest in the game - citizens, gc or students or someone down the line .. everybody pitched in ..this time around sadly I see some are keeping quite or maybe as IV says they are contributing and working in the background.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default no longer calling?

Is this thread dead ? No one is partcipating .. we are still calling the lawmakers today also right ? One thing I noticed is the big states of WA CA NY NJ VA TX and so on .. there are standard responses .. we need the more middle states such Ohio .. that is important , then Iowa, nebraska, maybe montana wyoming etc .. oregon or some places where we have less presence but the people there are willing to listen more. They understand the situation and do by the book and follow up. NC or SC might also fall in that category .. this listen to you. Florida or IL or MA etc might be higher on desi population but not sure if they are aware of this and participating at all . But if you worked in these states previously please use that .. look up the old zipcode and address and then call the local lawmakers from there .. Vermont, New Hampshire .. these are all good listeners same with any of the obscure states .. Not sure if anyone called Hawaii - there is an Indian origin senator right there .. there is also New Mexico and I dont know obscure states that are still follow the textbooks. If noise comes from all corners then at least we can be sure that we are being heard.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Thread is not dead. We are discussing this issue in all different places including Facebook. Please keep calling.