Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light ucf_sam1 is a glorious beacon of light

Called again today for the Oregon senators and congresswoman.
Spoke to the congresswoman's staff. She said they are aware of it and are getting multiple phone calls. She said they will look into it.

Left voicemails to the senator's office. Will call in the local office and see if we can get an appointment to meet in person to explain our cases.

Requesting my friends and family to call in as well.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TheSane is on a distinguished road

Called Law makers from Oregon yesterday and followed up today with few more calls. Also, trying to make appointments with local offices for in person meetings.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

I just got a call back from Congressman Yoder's office. They are asking me to send them a waiver with these questions.
1. What concerns are you having with a federal agency?
2. What specific action are you seeking from our office?

Hil/Admins,
Can you please be specific about what should my reply be. I do not want to say something that may sound different when it comes to a larger audience

Thanks

Old 10-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nid15 is on a distinguished road
Default Rep Pallone

Called Rep Pallone. The staffer was really irritated and rightaway told me is this regarding the new DOS issue? Then asked me if it personally affects me. When I said yes, she asked me to call the local office and not DC office. I wonder what difference it makes.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default common questions ..

It seems from the mail above some people get asked questions:
1. does it personally affect you ?
answer: it is not about my individual case .. this is about a legislative matter and impacts thousands of people. And we need the congressman/senator support in gettting the visa bulletin reversed back to the dates mentioned on september 9
2. Privacy statement: same as abvoe .. you dont need any privacy statement .. I got emails back from CA, DE, NJ .. all states that I am currently resident, working, paying taxes etc .. and all of them talked smoothly that they will take it up with the person who is handling this matter.
If you say individual you will get screwed. There is nothing they are gonna do about it in that case anyway. So if they take you in that direction or say privacy statement etc, you need to backtrack and say that this is a standard legislative issue. You and thousands like you are affected. Whether you are personally affected .. no need to say this as you could be a green card holder or a citizen and they dont care about that .. the law is law for all and it is same. The issue here is the unwarranted retrogression and just like in 2007, they need to address it and address it quickly .. not after another decade.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default specific action..

.. it is all there in the first page and besides you should know this if you are talking about it

in the interests of spoon feeding, the issue we are talking about is the visa bulletin reversal. The legislative branch in white house is what we are trying to reach thru the lawmakers.
The federal branchs are State Department, mainly Department of Homeland Security and then the USCIS .. mention all three. Dont get sidetracked.

Solution: Just like in 2007, please help us revert back to the September 9 bulletin or have it addressed in November bulletin .. either way, thousands of people are getting affected by this, folks who studied here, bought home here and families here and all are impacted due to the reversal. Spent thousands in processes required by september 9 vb. Help us get the vb reverted back or addressed in new bulletin .. mention the above branches and repeatedly tell them to use their considerable influence in the legislative contact in the white house.

Given that most of you understand IT, this is like a production issue and you throw all the available tools on the fire .. like someone said, dont allow some outside vendors to control the narrative .. wehther it is the lawyers or the staffer with the lawmakers.

You pay honest taxes dont you ? So ask them and keep persuading. Similar to what IV does on a day to day basis with them. This is a long haul game .. not a one day 20-20 game.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pandhi is on a distinguished road
Default PA - senator and congressman office

1) I called Senator Toomey's office and they said they have received many calls regarding this matter and senator is working with his staff on how to contact white house, they did not give any timeline on their plan of action

2) Senator Bob Casey's office did not pickup phone so left VM

3) Congressman Rothfuss office staff said no one has time to come on phone right now, best way to talk to legislative assistant is send email @ david.goldfarb@mail.house.gov

Old 10-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I had one of the best experiences just now..... I talked to Bill Wilkinson at the DC office of Congressman Michael T McCaul of TX and have this channel open. He was nice and listened to my concerns.

He said he will follow-up directly with WH (based on an e-mail I am about to send him and the link of the IV page that Admin2 shared). He will also send my e-mail to all others that he think can help best. Feels good!
Hil/others - What is the estimated number of people affected again? 100,000 total and 30,000 families?

Here is what I am trying answer to my Rep's office (just recieved e-mail):

"Any idea how many individuals this affects in our district or Texas as a whole? This information could be useful for gathering support from other offices."

I am going to say no idea about my destrcit, but texas as a whole about 5K-10K people?

Need help.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default called more today

One of my previous work and live state was Texas.

I called the local Republican congressman who was super receptive

In general I found republicans to be more receptive for legal immigration matters compared to democrats. One republican from TX was asking about number of people impacted etc. He wants that data.. can anyone from IV help on this .. I can pass the phone number then. Also, it would be good if TX chapter also chips in since it was TX senator. One person from national chapter, one from CA and one from TX can band together and get data and talk to this person in his DC office. He seems very supportive and needs more info ..

So we need leadership from IV to move in on this and get in touch with guy too to give him data.

Meanwhile now i am in CA and trying to go to office of local congressman as well as the two senators in downtown LA.

FB post: So I was talking with local congresswoman from San Pedro district ( near torrance, long beach area ) and trying to set up a schedule for about 4/5 of us to go meet her .. anyone interested in joining me in meeting her?
Am also free to meet up the two senators from CA in their downtown CA office .. when are we going to meet them in person ?

I guess we can coordinate that with CA FB chapter and if anyone interested please join int .. this is the right time ..

Old 10-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default number impacted

I got the same question from the Texas congresman

I said nationwide it is easily more than 50,000 but I dont know the exact numbers and someone from IV is always in DC at white house and they have better estimates on the number. For TX alone, I said I dont have the numbers. In any case they were likely focussing only on their district but I said it could be in thousands but its hard to say and that this is not something local but rather nationwide ... so wanted their support in legislative matter and force the state dept to revert it back like they did in 2007 july. Which btw also seem to be something he did not know so I had to explain that to him in full detail. But these guys - republicans were better receptives and better listeners .. I think we need to get them on our side and TX republicans are always good to have on our side for this.

It will be good if there is a wiki or something which puts the numbers impacted etc. Estimates only .. better yet, we need to have ONE person who will be always in touch with this staffer/congressman from this district. That way . for life . anything happens on this thing, we can just activate that one person via social media and he can start a dialogue. I volunteer to do that for south LA since I already spoke with the local congressman. Next up we are planning to meet them in person which I have put in CA fb chapter. Need about 5 people or so. Anyone from LA area till Irvine can join in though local would be easy to coordinate. We need people and numbers - thats how anything gets done here.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Regarding the questions about TX, can you join the IV TX facebook state chapter and ask them over there?

They are best equipped to give you the info.

If you don't get the info you need, feel free to harass the "Admins" there until you do - if you don't get what you need, they aren't doing their job.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Just got a reply back, there are approximately 60K H1-B's stuck in backlog in TX as per USCIS data.

You can make the argument that all were affected since a more generous reading of the VB affects all (directly or indirectly).

You contact in the TX chapter will provide more detailed info if they want more details.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Regarding the questions about TX, can you join the IV TX facebook state chapter and ask them over there?

They are best equipped to give you the info.

If you don't get the info you need, feel free to harass the "Admins" there until you do - if you don't get what you need, they aren't doing their job.
Thanks. Already posted on facebook there.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Just got a reply back, there are approximately 60K H1-B's stuck in backlog in TX as per USCIS data.

You can make the argument that all were affected since a more generous reading of the VB affects all (directly or indirectly).

You contact in the TX chapter will provide more detailed info if they want more details.
Here is my response....

Bill,

Thank you again!

While it is difficult to speak about our district other than my friends, I would say about 5,000 to 10, 000 people directly affected in Texas. This crisis indirectly affects, by delaying their edibility, about 60,000 applicants in Texas, per USCIS data.

Note that various news media have already highlighted this important and urgent issue. They estimate nationwide more than 50,000 people are directly affected NOW. Here are few articles:

Immigrants protest with flowers after green card mixup - Oct. 5, 2015

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...gKL/story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/us...ef=topics&_r=0

Regards,

DMX

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jleo9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Here is my response....

Bill,

Thank you again!

While it is difficult to speak about our district other than my friends, I would say about 5,000 to 10, 000 people directly affected in Texas. This crisis indirectly affects, by delaying their edibility, about 60,000 applicants in Texas, per USCIS data.

Note that various news media have already highlighted this important and urgent issue. They estimate nationwide more than 50,000 people are directly affected NOW. Here are few articles:

Immigrants protest with flowers after green card mixup - Oct. 5, 2015

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...gKL/story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/us...ef=topics&_r=0

Regards,

DMX
You've got a typo, I think you mean eligibility not edibility above