Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default URGENT Action Item: #FighbackVBGate

Dear Friend,

We write to you with a follow up Action Item to push for a restoration of the September 9th Visa Bulletin. Thank you for participating in October 1 flower campaign. It helped us attract the attention to the Visa Bulletin Fiasco. We were told that Secretary Jeh Johnson was made aware of our Flower Campaign and that everyone in the DHS leadership is now aware of the Visa Bulletin Fiasco.

Even if you are not directly impacted, October Visa Bulletin fiasco will result in delaying the timeline when you and your family will file for Adjustment of Status. Therefore, it is time to press the accelerator so all of us are directly involved in making our voices heard.

Members of Congress (both Senators and Representatives of the House) have the ability to reach out to the Legislative Affairs office at the White House. The purpose of this action item is to persuade your representatives in Congress to reach out to their legislative point of contact at the White House and advocate on your behalf. If the legislative affairs office at the White House gets enough calls from Members of Congress, the matter will be escalated to a level from where an order to reinstate the September 9th Visa Bulletin can be issued.

Here is a broad script you could either personalize or use as-is. This is just a sample and we suggest you take the time to re-write and personalize this for your situation. You will be using your script at-least three (3) times - for your Representative in the House and two (2) Senators from your State. When you do personalize this message, the main theme is “Adjustment of Status” and how the inability to file Adjustment of Status caused by the reversal of visa bulletin change has affected you. Just filing for Adjustment of Status confers many benefits (including EAD-AP) to those with “approved immigrant petition” and we want you to use a clear message to let Hill staffers know that you feel let-down and cheated for being denied the legitimate opportunity to file for Adjustment of Status after years of waiting.

Click here to lookup your Members of Congress (in Senate and House of Representatives)

Here is a sample message:

Hi, I am ________ and I am calling from ________(city), ___________(state) and I am a member of Immigration Voice. I would like to speak with Legislative Assistant handling Immigration.

When transferred to the Immigration Legislative Assistant (or their voice mail), tell them (or leave a voicemail) which says:

Hi, my name is ________, I am a member of Immigration Voice calling from ________(city), ________(state). I have approved Immigrant petition since ______ and I am calling to share with you the effects of the recent unprecedented reversal of Visa Bulletin by State Department. This Visa Bulletin reversal [prevents me from filing Adjustment of Status] OR [has caused delay in my timeline when I will be able to file for Adjustment of Status] - something my employer and I have already paid thousands of dollars. Filing Adjustment of Status will allow me to change jobs, invest and/or start business, save many children from aging out and having to leave the country. Filing Adjustment of Status will also allow my dependents to benefit from in-state tuition and let my family to buy a house to put down roots to live our American Dream. I am calling to request you to please reach out to your Legislative point of contact at the White House to ask them about the real reason for the reversal of visa bulletin by State Department - and when the Administration plans to fix this Visa Bulletin, just as it was done in July-2007 so that my family and I can file for Adjustment of Status.

It is also very important that all Immigration Voice members actively participate in this Action Item to call your Senators and Representatives. We have been promised specific fixes by the Administration of which this Visa Bulletin modernization was supposed to be a significant part. We have been let down for this supposedly most easy fix and we need to be vocal about it - or we run the risk of losing or watering down our other upcoming fixes. Everyone waiting in backlogs is directly or indirectly impacted by this the Visa Bulletin Reversal. Therefore, it is important we all fight against this injustice together to restore the September 9th Visa Bulletin.

Thank you for your active participation!
Team IV
Immigration Voice

PS: Encourage your family & friends to actively participate in this #callcampaign to #FightbackVBGate

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by The Alchemist; 10-05-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Fixed the lookup your Senators and Rep link, thanks for pointing it out: https://www.opencongress.org/people/zipcodelookup

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Called my senators. One voice mail is full. The other staff asked me send email. Sending now.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Called my senators. One voice mail is full. The other staff asked me send email. Sending now.
When sending email, you may want to send link to this document to provide background of the issue:

http://immigrationvoice.org/media/Im...tin_Fiasco.pdf

DO NOT send emails without first talking to staffers. Emails without speaking or meeting with the staffers/policy makers are ineffective and not useful.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Called mine. They already knew about it.

Is it ok to call offices from previous states I have lived in?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

I spoke to Congressman Kevin Yoder's office assistant (Kansas 3rd district). His office assistant made notes about everything I had to say and took my email and phone number and told me that their office will get in touch with me today.

Please let me know if you would like me to do anything else in the mean time

Old 10-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
Called mine. They already knew about it.

Is it ok to call offices from previous states I have lived in?
Yes, if you have ties to a state, you should feel free to call, just make sure you have an address handy before you call.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Just got done calling the first two of 19 numbers today - ya I moved a lot

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough legalimmi11 will become famous soon enough
Default Done

I called PA Senators. Toomey's office is aware of it and taking action to contact already. My congressman's office asked me to sign a form before they can reach out ? I tried to explain them that they need to contact the WH not the inquiry ? Let me know what I need to do in this case.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalimmi11 View Post
I called PA Senators. Toomey's office is aware of it and taking action to contact already. My congressman's office asked me to sign a form before they can reach out ? I tried to explain them that they need to contact the WH not the inquiry ? Let me know what I need to do in this case.
Jump through whatever hoops they want you to jump through to get the job done.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BABUG is on a distinguished road
Default Action Item-Response

I Called the Below Offices for IL-8

Tammy Duckworth- Email sent( Unable to speak to the person handling immigration)
Mark Kirk- Email sent( Unable to speak to the person handling immigration)
Richard J Durbin Voice Mail(Their Office not willing to share email)

Thanks

Old 10-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABUG View Post
I Called the Below Offices for IL-8

Tammy Duckworth- Email sent( Unable to speak to the person handling immigration)
Mark Kirk- Email sent( Unable to speak to the person handling immigration)
Richard J Durbin Voice Mail(Their Office not willing to share email)

Thanks
You can send email to Sen. Durbin's office through his website: Contact Dick Durbin | Contact | U.S. Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois

Old 10-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BABUG is on a distinguished road
Default Racoon786

Thank you, I just sent the email from his website.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute

I reached out to my two senators and congressman (all Rs) from Oklahoma. None of them transferred me to the legislative assistant. Noted what I was calling about and that was that.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monto1 is on a distinguished road

I called congresswoman/respresentative Bonnie Watson Coleman office ,senator's office of Cory Booker and Bob Menendez and spoke to the immigration assistant at their offices and to my surprise they are not aware of this issue and said they will pass on this message to the respective policticans.

I also emailed them as follow up.

Guys around Central Jersey/NJ please pick up your phone and call and make them aware of how important is this issue for us.