Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Start a boycott like Montgomery Bus Boycott? (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096531-start-a-boycott-like-montgomery-bus-boycott.html)

Jambo 10-07-2015 03:23 AM

Start a boycott like Montgomery Bus Boycott?

As most of you know, The Montgomery bus boycott happened on December 5, 1955 (
Montgomery Bus Boycott - Black History - HISTORY.com).

This was because of the civil rights issues that impact to black people for a long time due to segregation. By having per country limits for employment based immigration, the same thing is happening to folks born in India and China.

Should we consider a boycott of something significant on December 5? It's a Saturday and so a lot more people would be free. It's a very symbolic date for black people, and we should leverage the historical significance behind it and related to our own cause, and push for HR 213.

Bhishma 10-07-2015 11:32 AM

Jambo,

I understand your frustration. But it is important for us not to take that path before we try hard. Let us first do our job by speaking to representatives and lead our own path to our destination. When nobody is ready to hear you, it makes sense to peacefully express your opinions but that is not the case here.
We have a leadership that showed us results in the past and unfortunately our only friend and guide in this long journey.
I request you to take a minute and use your energy to fuel the right cause in the right direction.

Jambo 10-07-2015 02:27 PM

Bhishma,

I know that IV achieved a great victory with reversing the July 2007 visa bulletin decision. But we have waited 8 years for per country quotas to go away. HR 3012 is dead and 2015 is almost over - HR 213 still hasn't come to the floor of the house for a vote. Once Dec 31 passes, that bill too will be dead.

eastindia 10-07-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jambo (Post 3591749)
Bhishma,

I know that IV achieved a great victory with reversing the July 2007 visa bulletin decision. But we have waited 8 years for per country quotas to go away. HR 3012 is dead and 2015 is almost over - HR 213 still hasn't come to the floor of the house for a vote. Once Dec 31 passes, that bill too will be dead.

If there was no lawsuit, this visa bulletin would have been reversed too. Because of the lawsuit, talks broke down I think. Read the media articles. Administration also refuses to speak to media saying the matter is in court.

Jambo 10-07-2015 02:58 PM

Then all is lost

If talks broke down then what hope is there for future EO fixes? USCIS will unleash revenge upon our miserable brown and yellow bodies with great vengeance. Won't congressmen also be less likely to cosponsor?

eastindia 10-07-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jambo (Post 3591755)
If talks broke down then what hope is there for future EO fixes? USCIS will unleash revenge upon our miserable brown and yellow bodies with great vengeance. Won't congressmen also be less likely to cosponsor?

Exactly.

Tell this to all those who were gaga about lawsuit and supporting it on other websites