Frontline Immigration Battle
If you missed it on PBS tonight, you can catch it here. Very informative.
Immigration Battle | FRONTLINE | PBS
- Tracks Luis Gutiérrez and his staffers over 1-2 year period and shows his as well as the latino groups tenacity.
- You can get an idea of how the dynamics between various staffers/reps from the 2 parties work.
- No mention of any "online movements/petitions/" etc. Things were moving because of the grass-root movement. WH had to move because of the political pressure. The melon campaign reminded me of the flowers campaign. Twitter was mentioned for maybe 3 seconds in the entire show and it was clear that the staffer was watching twitter just after a significant event.
- Number of times things were getting misunderstood/falling down because of "leaks"
- At the end nothing happened probably because of cantor's defeat and border surge.. still the push continues.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Legal battle||thomachan72||Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation||1||11-09-2010 11:45 AM|
|Pbs' frontline does postville follow up||Blog Feeds||Recent Blogs||0||08-07-2009 10:40 AM|
|Comprehensive Immigration Reform Battle Heats Up||Blog Feeds||Recent Blogs||0||07-13-2009 01:48 PM|
|CNN article: The battle for brainpower||rdehar||Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins||4||12-04-2007 03:23 PM|
|CIR May Move to the Frontline Again After the 4th of July||Zee||IV Agenda and Legislative Updates||23||07-19-2006 11:20 AM|