Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gccommando is on a distinguished road

i want to post online the list of lawyers and employers opposing i-140 ead fix...lol
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BenCokila is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccommando View Post
i want to post online the list of lawyers and employers opposing i-140 ead fix...lol
I think thats a great idea.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Aemon.Targ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteStallion View Post
The Hill's interpretation of this Memo is that its a ploy to provide EADs to undocumented, circumventing DAPA injunction. They have linked IV's document as the source :-)

Leaked DHS memo shows Obama might circumvent DAPA injunction | TheHill

Obama Admin to Defy Judge's Executive Amnesty Injunction
I hope people who read the above article visit this forum and realize that I140 is only for legal immigrants and not for undocumented aliens. As I suspected earlier, if undocumented aliens are included in this document then there are chances of lawsuit and we may never the EAD based on I140.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Is it ok for a HIL website to refer our forum with out any permission ? I think they should asked to take down the article. The document clearly has IV watermark.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kamakazee is infamous around these parts kamakazee is infamous around these parts

Dear Aman and Puneet - It is with regret that I have to request my removal from your Board of Advisors. Iíve really enjoyed working with IV over the years on its advocacy efforts and have found participating in many of your teleconferences assisting IV members with their immigration questions to be rewarding. But after seeing this passage in Amanís email advocating on behalf of amending HR 3012 (a bill I strongly support, by the way) I can no longer in good conscience be associated with the organization.

Unfortunately, some immigration lawyers and their advocacy groups in DC are against this amendment. We believe that this fringe group has always advocated a system where immigrants are taken advantage of.

Immigration Lawyers have chosen to be on the wrong side of history. They want to protect companies that are abusing the system. This set of Immigration lawyers want to side with companies that are under-cutting US workers and committing fraud.

Itís time for us to standup to speak for ourselves and tell everyone that immigration lawyers don't represent immigrants. When it comes to advocacy, immigration lawyers and their groups only represent their own special interest to design the system to keep more people in limbo for longer so that they can pocket more money through renewals and extension of applications for visas and work-permits while immigrants wait forever in their green card process. A large percentage of these immigration lawyers have a vested interest in keeping the immigration process slow and confusing. They will oppose streamlining or simplifying the process that would help employers and employees.

I think the IV position on the Grassley Amendment is really short sighted and will be deeply regretted over time. But I would not quit over a policy difference. I just canít sit idly by and listen to my brethren Ė people that have dedicated their careers to helping immigrants (many being immigrants themselves) Ė painted as being greedy and anti-immigrant. I am personally insulted by this form of defamation and it strongly resembles the type of attack we usually hear from rabid anti-immigrants attacking us for advocating on behalf of immigrants. That this email originated from an immigrants rights advocacy group is simply shocking. You say you are only talking about ďsome lawyersĒ but I can tell you that the immigration bar sees this as an attack on all of us. The letter has circulated like wildfire across the immigration bar and Iím afraid IVís reputation has been seriously damaged with a group that is composed of people that are naturally allied with most of your positions. And in Washington, finding allies is necessary in the long run to achieving anything. Itís also unfortunate because lashing out and defaming the immigration bar was unnecessary. You could have simply taken your position and just stated that you disagree with other groups, but stand by your decisions as representing the best interests of your members. Instead, youíve hurt IVís chances of finding friends in the future to help on issues that will be of concern to you.

Finally, Itís also odd that you have a Board of Advisors comprised of a number of immigration lawyers you consider to be trusted enough to include on a board of this sort, but we had to learn about your attack on immigration lawyers from other lawyers who heard about it online.

I wish the two of you well.
Regards,
Greg Siskind
Gregory Siskind, Attorney at Law
Siskind Susser - Immigration Lawyers
Telephone: 800-748-3819 or 901-682-6455
Fax: 800-684-1267 or 901-339-9604
Email: gsiskind@visalaw.com
Web: Guide To U.S. Immigration Law | Law Firm Assisting With Visas, Green Cards, Naturalization | Siskind Susser PC

Old 11-05-2015, 12:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Please continue all Lawyer related discussions in the lawyer thread (AILA News and Discussion). Please enjoy responsibly

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-05-2015, 12:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

will do

Old 11-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Aman Kapoor pressuring DHS today

Try to go back to -24 mins towards the end: https://youtu.be/nUh-VO9k15E

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

Yes, he was amazing....Many thanks to him.
He has made a valid point - it is immigration petition, then why it is not owned by employee... the panel had no answer to it... in fact, the panel had no answer to any of the questions...
This made me to think... the current EAD for I140 proposal, will it be worth??? Well, let's wait and watch...

Again, Many thanks to Aman and people who were all there to support!

Old 11-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

Excellent questions raised by Aman about immigrants right and "Immigrant Petition"!

One question, was the tone intended (pre-planned) or just that the BS-ness of the conference made Aman do the right thing in the moment?

And who was the employer's representative on the panel? Any idea?

Old 11-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ReachSiva is on a distinguished road
Default Aman Question @ DHS Conference

Hi,

I'm a new member following IV for the past couple of months.

I listened the conference call and happy to hear Aman representation.

Very nice points raised and expressed our pain with good intensity .

In the end either no specific question raised and/or answered.

Aman expressed that nobody spoke about the Beneficiaries rights(which is very true) but didn't posed the direct question to the panel on what they are doing improve beneficiaries rights. I observed they are out of time, but still feel question not posed fully as well no panel member (attempted to) answered. This is a nice question to get answered.

Regards
ReachSiva

Old 11-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SSIVUS is on a distinguished road
Default Audio

Audio of Aman's speech today. Copied from FB

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=80baa...A-hcl6CtBR9vpw

Old 11-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank You

Aman and IV Team, thank you very much.

Regards

Old 11-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maverickwild is on a distinguished road
Default Great work AK

Great work Aman kapoor-

I don't know about others,but i felt Voice was yours but i was speaking.
As one of my professors used to say
"Having fire in your belly to drain it down into toilet the next day ,is of no use.
That fire should be visible. "
Great work indeed.

PS : And i dont know about flowers ,Let me know when you have the brick for USCIS campaign . you will find a eager volunteer in myself.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AbhayiSonawane is on a distinguished road

That was Awesome Aman...God Speed!

Your tone and questions truly summed up our frustration!

BTW, is there a working link of the entire conference; audio or video?