Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default Aman is our hero!!

Man,

Salutes to you. Thanks for raising your voice for all of us. Our frustrations have been well conveyed.

Love you man..

Krishna
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Were any of your questions answered Aman? Atleast offline by any of the panelists? Would love to know what transpired after the Q&A session ended. Aman, if there were any skilled immigrants in that room, they would have stood up and applauded you.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bob4gc is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thanks!!!

Awesome. Thanks Aman for being everyone's voice.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
scrooge2011 is on a distinguished road
Default Loved it big time!!!

Thank you Aman! Loved the energy and passion you demonstrated! You also reflected our frustrations very accurately. Hope the folks have been put on notice that we will not be mute spectators anymore.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light
Default Visa modernization

I just read this from one lawyers site, is that true? Why there is no talk about EB3, if this is true?
November 5, 2015

Earlier today, the Director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), León Rodríguez, made a presentation during the Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman Fifth Annual Conference. During his speech, Mr. Rodríguez only spent a few minutes discussing issues related to the agency's visa modernization efforts. And, while few details were provided, there were still some intriguing tidbits of information mentioned, including:

The USCIS is working to clarify the availability of the national interest waiver (NIW) for the employment-based, second preference (EB2) category, including eligibility for inventors, researchers, and entrepreneurs.
The agency is "working quite actively" on regulations to grant certain entrepreneurs the ability to be paroled into the United States.
Proposed regulations for American Competitiveness in the Twenty First Century Act (AC21) are in the works and are expected to be unveiled in the coming months.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vasu123 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much Aman for raising our voice. it's everybody's frustration, hope they should take it serious.

but i did not see any news about I140 EAD rule in any other law groups websites, they only mentioned about AC21, portability of I140 if we change employer.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Oct_31 is on a distinguished road

11/06/2015: Forthcoming USCIS Notice of Policy on Determining Whether a New Job is in "the Same or a Similar Occupational Classification" for Purposes of Section 204(j) Job Portability
•This new policy was submitted to the OMB for clearance on 09/25/2015, which will be approved by the OMB sooner or later this month. This policy will clarify the USCIS reinterpretation of AC 21 portability of the approved I-140 petition, more likely somewhat a liberal way to allow expanded opportunity for change of employment without losing the approved I-140 petitiion. Please stay tuned.

***** From OH Law....

Old 11-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold
Default I140 EAD rule making on track??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Aman Kapoor pressuring DHS today

Try to go back to -24 mins towards the end: https://youtu.be/nUh-VO9k15E
Are we still on track for current rule making for I140 EAD submitted by USCIS for public comments on or around 15-Nov-2015? Any action item for this?

Old 11-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default Action item?

Is there any action item related to this or are we just focussing on the HR 213 support from local congressman ?
Also any advocacy event in CA or DC or NJ or NY in future ? Where can we find info ? I did not find any any info on CA or NY chapter page so might be there was no events in these places but saw references to DC event which I would have loved to fly from CA to DC and attend those. Where do we find all this info ?

Old 11-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rahdirs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct_31 View Post
11/06/2015: Forthcoming USCIS Notice of Policy on Determining Whether a New Job is in "the Same or a Similar Occupational Classification" for Purposes of Section 204(j) Job Portability
•This new policy was submitted to the OMB for clearance on 09/25/2015, which will be approved by the OMB sooner or later this month. This policy will clarify the USCIS reinterpretation of AC 21 portability of the approved I-140 petition, more likely somewhat a liberal way to allow expanded opportunity for change of employment without losing the approved I-140 petitiion. Please stay tuned.

***** From OH Law....
Thats Rule 1615-ZB44

Old 11-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

FYI: Senator Grassley sent a letter to DHS about the I-140 EAD/AC21 regulation and references "The Memo".

He mainly bashes Option 1 in the memo, though other options get a little bit of the "Grassley treatment".

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Why was the memo leaked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
FYI: Senator Grassley sent a letter to DHS about the I-140 EAD/AC21 regulation and references "The Memo".

He mainly bashes Option 1 in the memo, though other options get a little bit of the "Grassley treatment".
I'm assuming the leaked memo was the one that IV leaked? What good has come of this now? Grassley and Sessions use legal immigrants as scapegoats while furthering the interests of tech companies that want indentured labor.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
I'm assuming the leaked memo was the one that IV leaked? What good has come of this now? Grassley and Sessions use legal immigrants as scapegoats while furthering the interests of tech companies that want indentured labor.
Nah. Don't worry about it. Most of the bashing was pro-forma and focused on option 1 which isn't likely to happen anyways.

Hopefully now they will move in bashing other things .

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
garvind59 is on a distinguished road
Default what is this news mean?

Obama's DHS Plans Invite New Wave of Foreign Professionals

Looks like there is no EAD to be from the excerpts below: correct if my interpretation was wrong..

Pressed by Breitbart, Breasseale insisted the pending regulation and the June plan are different.

“They are wholly separate – in substance, in authority, and in applicability. They simply are not the same thing… [and] we do not discuss the substance of pending regulations publicly until they are published,” he said.

When asked for evidence that the June memo has been sidelined, he evaded. “The fact that it was never acted upon is more than sufficient,” he insisted.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvind59 View Post
Obama's DHS Plans Invite New Wave of Foreign Professionals

Looks like there is no EAD to be from the excerpts below: correct if my interpretation was wrong..

Pressed by Breitbart, Breasseale insisted the pending regulation and the June plan are different.

“They are wholly separate – in substance, in authority, and in applicability. They simply are not the same thing… [and] we do not discuss the substance of pending regulations publicly until they are published,” he said.

When asked for evidence that the June memo has been sidelined, he evaded. “The fact that it was never acted upon is more than sufficient,” he insisted.
That's a terribly written story:

Quote:
But agency officials are developing a regulation on a similar topic, said Todd Breasseale, the department’s acting Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs. “The regulation that we ARE working on involves high-skilled foreign workers who are lawfully present,” he added, without explaining how the developing regulation and the June memo are any different.
Please relax guys . November 15th is only a week away.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.