Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu123 View Post
Thank you so much Aman for raising our voice. it's everybody's frustration, hope they should take it serious.

but i did not see any news about I140 EAD rule in any other law groups websites, they only mentioned about AC21, portability of I140 if we change employer.
Actually this question if related to my question at Immigration Voice - View Single Post - Stream of conscience

It has been eating me up. I have lost sleep due to this. Is the truth so harsh or I am just thinking too much?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Default Grassley and Option 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Nah. Don't worry about it. Most of the bashing was pro-forma and focused on option 1 which isn't likely to happen anyways.

Hopefully now they will move in bashing other things .
Grassley expressly talks about Option 4 and what would happen if an underlying I-140 was withdrawn. If they block I140EADAP based on this, we are screwed. Not sure why IV leadership decided to leak the document and cause this kind of potential damage.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Grassley expressly talks about Option 4 and what would happen if an underlying I-140 was withdrawn. If they block I140EADAP based on this, we are screwed. Not sure why IV leadership decided to leak the document and cause this kind of potential damage.
Don't be a crybaby. We know what we are going. All Grassley is doing is asking questions, which is what is job is as Chairman of Judiciary.

You really think USCIS spent a year writing this without considering the possibility on I-140 withdrawal?

Have you not been following the whole debate over I-140 ownership? Why do you think people were so interested in that arcane question?

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Jambo,

If you want to understand the drama behind I-140 ownership, read the AILA thread (AILA News and Discussion)

In short, withdrawing I-140 has nothing to do with Grassley and has everything to do with who "owns" your I-140.

If you "own" your I-140, the company cannot withdraw it.

AILA and the companies are doing everything in their power to prevent or limit our ownership of our I-140's for obvious reasons.

When I say everything in their power - that's exactly what I mean. I cannot tell you on an open forum what they are doing, but a good analogy would be a psycho ex-girlfriend hiding in your kitchen with a knife.

You might find that AILA thread eye-opening. If anything happens to I-140 EAD, it will be the companies and AILA who screwed us not Grassley.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-09-2015, 12:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Sunday night thought...inspired from Aman's question "why one year wait for I140 ead?"

I think there is reasonable argument we can make to at the very least reduce the 1 yr to 180 days. 180 days would be consistent with AC21 intent in INA 204(j). I just want to go again on the record before the follower hungry bloggers say anything.

I am sure we will try for no wait time, but as a back up would make the case stronger to also ask for 180 days as that has basis in AC21.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Sunday night thought...inspired from Aman's question "why one year wait for I140 ead?"

I think there is reasonable argument we can make to at the very least reduce the 1 yr to 180 days. 180 days would be consistent with AC21 intent in INA 204(j). I just want to go again on the record before the follower hungry bloggers say anything.

I am sure we will try for no wait time, but as a back up would make the case stronger to also ask for 180 days as that has basis in AC21.
unfortunately that's not how it really works. This isn't an honest negotiation.

This is brass-knuckled lobbying. If they have decided to give the companies 365 days delay, the companies will get 365 days delay - EVEN if we proposed 180 days delay.

So if we are going to throw our weight behind a proposal, might as well throw it behind something we actually want instead of some watered down proposal we can live with.

If DHS wants to play meaningful arbitrator, they have enough lawyers and can do it on their own.

Added later: on re-reading your comment, it seems you are suggesting we add both proposals. If they do come out with one year, we will need to talk about it - but my current view is that too is a non-starter. If DHS were going to take the approach of splitting the difference, they will split the difference between 180 days and 365 days when we could have had them split the difference between 0 and 365 days. By let us see. A lot will depend on what we hear from "friends" both friendly and unfriendly

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 11-09-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
unfortunately that's not how it really works. This isn't an honest negotiation.

This is brass-knuckled lobbying. If they have decided to give the companies 365 days delay, the companies will get 365 days delay - EVEN if we proposed 180 days delay.

So if we are going to throw our weight behind a proposal, might as well throw it behind something we actually want instead of some watered down proposal we can live with.

If DHS wants to play meaningful arbitrator, they have enough lawyers and can do it on their own.

Added later: on re-reading your comment, it seems you are suggesting we add both proposals. If they do come out with one year, we will need to talk about it - but my current view is that too is a non-starter. If DHS were going to take the approach of splitting the difference, they will split the difference between 180 days and 365 days when we could have had them split the difference between 0 and 365 days. By let us see. A lot will depend on what we hear from "friends" both friendly and unfriendly
I meant ask both options. Like Kevin Cummings told Aman "submit comments when rule is piblished" , I took that to mean if backlogged community provides consistent comments on wait times, there is a chance to either get 0 or 180 days after 140 approval. Maybe I am thinking too much but can't help it.

All this assumes rule does get published.

I also read somewhere someone said they asked for some change in H4 ead in comments and got them to change the original proposal. I could be wrong here.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shv is on a distinguished road

One person on forum is confidently claiming since Jul29th that i140ead is dead and only I140portability is in the works, and he claims that the source is horses deputy's deputy. Though I don't believe in rumours, but after Aman's speech and his views and all the talk here of anti-immigrant lobbying against I140ead, I'm little leaning towards this rumour. If the upcoming proposed rule doesnt mention ead/ap and just job portability then I would be very very very disappointed and heart broken. Hoping for the best for ALL!

Old 11-09-2015, 03:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Default help the American people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I meant ask both options. Like Kevin Cummings told Aman "submit comments when rule is piblished" , I took that to mean if backlogged community provides consistent comments on wait times, there is a chance to either get 0 or 180 days after 140 approval. Maybe I am thinking too much but can't help it.

All this assumes rule does get published.

I also read somewhere someone said they asked for some change in H4 ead in comments and got them to change the original proposal. I could be wrong here.
our comments must be geared towards helping the American people. if the eye-140 becomes hours to keep and we get EAD as well as AP along with it, it means that we can easily jump ship from company to company and that means wages will rise, thereby benefiting Americans. It will also disincentize these body shopping Indian consulting firms as well as bloodsucking system integrators such as Deloitte from importing cheap H1B labor.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of
Default DHS on front page of foxnews

Report: DHS spends $1B to digitize, only 1 immigration form available online | Fox News

Report: DHS drafts work-around in case court keeps freeze on immigration actions | Fox News

check this out.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tpathrose is on a distinguished road
Default Visa bulletin out

Visa bulletin out
no difference for EB2 india

Old 11-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
garvind59 is on a distinguished road
Default December 2015 bulletin is here

Visa Bulletin For December 2015

Old 11-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvind59 View Post
Pathetic....no movement in either tables for EB2I
Wondering if DHS/USCIS is serious in making any fixes...????

Old 11-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Going by the last inventory data, and with an year over year drop of 1500 applications between Oct 2014 and 15, it would take 6 years to burn up that inventory if the consumption would stay at the same rate.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
Going by the last inventory data, and with an year over year drop of 1500 applications between Oct 2014 and 15, it would take 6 years to burn up that inventory if the consumption would stay at the same rate.
The visa bulletin prediction says they expect the EB2I date will likely move "up to 8 months" per month until March (that would be 24 months?). That would bring the date to July 2009. Should also make the case for moving the acceptance date, but no one knows what really moves the dates. I am personally no longer excited or disheartened by VBs!