Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
garvind59 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Will spillovers be the savior for the Govt.

Lets talk hope..

Since the EO for DAPA/CA are blocked, USCIS may now focus on Legals. All they got is to clear the backlogs by applying spillovers. As per CO statement in Oct, the dates will move to mid 2009 by end of Sep'16. So the filing dates has to go up by an year or 2 to '11. This way, some legacy can be left vs nothing by doing this.

Can someone share the inventory vs avail spillover numbers?

Appreciate.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Post Met with the legislative assistant for immigration

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Let me add some context to the above post.

I met a local Congressman this morning. During the event the first three people that spoke to him were undocumented advocates who really had nothing immediately actionable to talk about - they talked to him about their families walking around in ankle bracelets while while waiting for their hearing date (I am not familiar with this and it was shocking to hear). They had no bill to push, they were just there to educate him about their problems.

I got to know about the opportunity to meet the Congressman last night while dicking around on my phone on twitter. I put the event up in my state chapter - and only one guy showed up. I ironed my shirt, ironed my pants, polished my shoes, dusted off my suit, woke up at 6:00AM to get on a train so I could go meet him on time. It takes a significant effort to do these kinds of things.

If people don't step up and let lawmakers know of our problems, nothing will happen. Whining on forums does nothing for anybody. Not only that - we have an actual bill to push - a bill that can pass, yet people are not stepping up. The undocumented community don't even have that - their parents are walking around in f***ing ankle bracelets - they have ZERO chance of any relief with this congress, and they still show up to fight. We have a bill that can move, and there is no sense of urgency in pushing for it. It is very sad. Everybody just wants information.

Everybody is saying that the undocumented are getting everything blah blah blah, well my view is they have earned it. Have you done your part for HR.213? Have you done your part to educate people about our issues?

Regarding I-140 EAD, you will know it's fate shorty. Please stop whining and speculating about it and use your time constructively.
Myself, and some other IV folks met with the legislative assistant for immigration in our local district here in the Bay Area. I provided her with the handouts that the local IV chapter lead gave to me. I then posted in the Facebook Group asking for help in editing my thank you note to make sure that I'm speaking the same voice as IV, and no one responded to me. Should I just go ahead and send one without IV leadership looking at it?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Myself, and some other IV folks met with the legislative assistant for immigration in our local district here in the Bay Area. I provided her with the handouts that the local IV chapter lead gave to me. I then posted in the Facebook Group asking for help in editing my thank you note to make sure that I'm speaking the same voice as IV, and no one responded to me. Should I just go ahead and send one without IV leadership looking at it?
Please PM what you have to me. Thank you very much for doing the meeting and more importantly - following up.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvind59 View Post
Lets talk hope..

Since the EO for DAPA/CA are blocked, USCIS may now focus on Legals. All they got is to clear the backlogs by applying spillovers. As per CO statement in Oct, the dates will move to mid 2009 by end of Sep'16. So the filing dates has to go up by an year or 2 to '11. This way, some legacy can be left vs nothing by doing this.

Can someone share the inventory vs avail spillover numbers?

Appreciate.
Check out other forums. There are experts on these things out there.

Let me just say this, inspired from an older IV member, you will be wasting time in analyzing these inventory data and spillover spreadsheets just for the remote possibility of achieving the satisfaction that your predictions were correct. As such, please do not spend time on these activities and focus on HR213 (not much on I-140EAD either on what it might contain until it is out).

Old 11-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

anyone saw this

Immigrant Confronts DHS On Disregard For American Workers | The Daily Caller

Old 11-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
I suggest that you retweet this

https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/664188597575266312

Old 11-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Please PM what you have to me. Thank you very much for doing the meeting and more importantly - following up.
Cool. Just sent you a draft of my follow-up email to the legislative aide.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
king_2003 is on a distinguished road

Greg Siskind posted this on Twitter. I hope it is not true -

‏@gsiskind
Don't be surprised if I-140 reforms R split into more than 1 reg.AC21 rule coming soon could have I-140 revocation part & EAD will be after - Link

Old 11-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_2003 View Post
Greg Siskind posted this on Twitter. I hope it is not true -

‏@gsiskind
Don't be surprised if I-140 reforms R split into more than 1 reg.AC21 rule coming soon could have I-140 revocation part & EAD will be after - Link

Admin2 said that Greg has not value when it comes to policy. Forget about what has says. Whatever he says, it has no meaning. Ignore him. Let him defend his buddy immigration lawyers who exploit our brethren. If he refuse to accept that immigration lawyers are exploiting skilled immigrants like us then that is his problem.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
Admin2 said that Greg has not value when it comes to policy. Forget about what has says. Whatever he says, it has no meaning. Ignore him. Let him defend his buddy immigration lawyers who exploit our brethren. If he refuse to accept that immigration lawyers are exploiting skilled immigrants like us then that is his problem.
Try asking Greg a difficult question and you will see deflects (my experience in recent times) ....he is completely waste of time & energy. His USP is not his knowledge of immigration law but its his so called publicity over social media. Instead of writing good books on how to improve the immigration law practices he wrote a book on how to use social media for publicity of lawyers.

If he had good subject matter expertise, we should not seen a failure in the Lawsuit.

I think he doesn't know some things that a very less experienced lawyer is aware (he may blame being always on twitter as an excuse to know the law better).

Many people have good knowledge on how the regulations may be derived or split into ...but those who are genuine and want these things to happen will not put things on twitter and try to create a sensation.

His access to some low ranked DHS staff & his access to Twitter on his phone should not be taken as his competence ...he should be judged by the law suit that many people have made contribution. For not delivering the AILA letter on 140EAD I feel he is not even respected within AILA. He has nothing to do so he tweets and wastes our time.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by essell View Post
Try asking Greg a difficult question and you will see deflects (my experience in recent times) ....he is completely waste of time & energy. His USP is not his knowledge of immigration law but its his so called publicity over social media. Instead of writing good books on how to improve the immigration law practices he wrote a book on how to use social media for publicity of lawyers.

If he had good subject matter expertise, we should not seen a failure in the Lawsuit.

I think he doesn't know some things that a very less experienced lawyer is aware (he may blame being always on twitter as an excuse to know the law better).

Many people have good knowledge on how the regulations may be derived or split into ...but those who are genuine and want these things to happen will not put things on twitter and try to create a sensation.

His access to some low ranked DHS staff & his access to Twitter on his phone should not be taken as his competence ...he should be judged by the law suit that many people have made contribution. For not delivering the AILA letter on 140EAD I feel he is not even respected within AILA. He has nothing to do so he tweets and wastes our time.
I agree 100%. I think immigration lawyers and AILA is trying to water down EAD for I140 fix. Greg is trying to prepare us about that as that is what they are trying to do. That is what I saw in Aman's video a few days back when he took DHS to task.

Lawyers are trying to restrict the number of people to whom EAD for I140 fix will apply. And they are lobbying so people like us will not have the freedom from our employers. This is a corrupt system with corrupt immigration lawyers

Old 11-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
I agree 100%. I think immigration lawyers and AILA is trying to water down EAD for I140 fix. Greg is trying to prepare us about that as that is what they are trying to do. That is what I saw in Aman's video a few days back when he took DHS to task.

Lawyers are trying to restrict the number of people to whom EAD for I140 fix will apply. And they are lobbying so people like us will not have the freedom from our employers. This is a corrupt system with corrupt immigration lawyers
I fully agree that this is a corrupt nexus.
When DHS published new list for filing EAD for I140, it was Greg who had this info days before. It seems the his roots are pretty deep. What is the way of fighting it out? What if this time, he is correct too?
One can fully say to ignore his comments, but what if they turned out to be true?
We sent flowers after the EAD filing dates reversed...but nothing happened afterwards...DHS didn't care and they don't care...

Old 11-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Greag can be called as a Smart Idiot ....Smart in Technologies and Idiot in the subject matter. Our folks are mistaking him to be a Immigration CNN sort of channel.
So let us all ask him the difficult questions on
1. why is AILA not giving unconditional support letter for the 140 EAD?
2. Why is AILA complicating the 140 handover to the immigrants?
3. Why is AILA not forcing their members to return the lawyer fees for UN-submitted applications?
4. How can we not suspect he is not leaking the lawsuit info to the DHS source who provides him the Regs information ?

Old 11-13-2015, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vasu123 is on a distinguished road

is i140 portability bill draft coming out soon for comments? i heard from friends about it.

what about if current employer fires and revoke H1, i think we don't have grace period to transfer our H1 to new employer, i heard we will be out of status immediately after our h1 got revoked. i think it's better to give the grace period for this and give i140 portability.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu123 View Post
is i140 portability bill draft coming out soon for comments? i heard from friends about it.

what about if current employer fires and revoke H1, i think we don't have grace period to transfer our H1 to new employer, i heard we will be out of status immediately after our h1 got revoked. i think it's better to give the grace period for this and give i140 portability.
We are all waiting for i140 rule. Coming soon is what I read on this forum. Don't know what's in it until it comes out. There is no grace period for h1b on job loss currently. Don't know whether this will be addressed with i140 rule.