Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
I do know other groups who care about the backlog. The Filipinos, Mexicans, and other Chinese who are sponsoring their family members are suffering from huge backlogs. Why doesn't IV contact the Hispanic Caucus and other famous organizations for the Chinese and Filipinos and ask them to officially support it so that their members can call their Congressmen asking for co-sponsorship? Of course, their angle would be a bit different from ours.

Other potential groups: US-India Political Action Committee (About USINPAC). If you look under Legal Immigration, they state that one of their goals is "Ongoing advocacy for expansion of orderly and expedited legal immigration of highly skilled workers, including expansion of the work visa such the H1-B visa program and study visa." Why doesn't IV Leadership reach out to this PAC and educate them on why HR213 is the best option and why the other options such as SKILLS, and I-d only put people born in India into indentured servitude?
i was a member of usinpac many years back. my experience was that usinpac is a bunch of useless folks whose goal is to promote the guy who owns it. their only goal is to take pictures and post them online to make a show that they are connected and powerful. but they really dont have any influence. later i did some research to find out that the guy who owns usinpac is an IT consulting company owner and others associated with the group are IT consulting owners. how can they ask to free workers if their business model is to take advantage of us? my advice is dont bother to waste your time going to this useless group
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I do know other groups who care about the backlog. The Filipinos, Mexicans, and other Chinese who are sponsoring their family members are suffering from huge backlogs. Why doesn't IV contact the Hispanic Caucus and other famous organizations for the Chinese and Filipinos and ask them to officially support it so that their members can call their Congressmen asking for co-sponsorship?
Of course, their angle would be a bit different from ours.

Other potential groups: US-India Political Action Committee (About USINPAC). If you look under Legal Immigration, they state that one of their goals is "Ongoing advocacy for expansion of orderly and expedited legal immigration of highly skilled workers, including expansion of the work visa such the H1-B visa program and study visa." Why doesn't IV Leadership reach out to this PAC and educate them on why HR213 is the best option and why the other options such as SKILLS, and I-d only put people born in India into indentured servitude?
I know 14000 AILA members who 'care' about backlog and I know atleast 1% of them tweet that they 'care' on twitter. But that doesnt mean they will do something about it.
When you bring new players to the mix, dynamics and equations change very fast and it may ultimately mislead focus from our main goal. Again, when you are not familiar with a new friend you are better off with a known enemy. I am sure IV has already considered these options and weighed their merits.

USINPAC is a joke. They have everything on their agenda starting from India's Budget to US-India Nuclear trade. If you ever need a ticket to attend an event that Prime Minister Modi is speaking, these are the go to guys. Please stop advising IV, as IV does a lot more than googling stuff and posting random comments on these forums. Please dont waste your time with all your ramblings. I recommend you to start a blog and post it there and I am sure you will have many clicks from like-minded folks. Good luck dude

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Your tone is negative and disparaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
I know 14000 AILA members who 'care' about backlog and I know atleast 1% of them tweet that they 'care' on twitter. But that doesnt mean they will do something about it.
When you bring new players to the mix, dynamics and equations change very fast and it may ultimately mislead focus from our main goal. Again, when you are not familiar with a new friend you are better off with a known enemy. I am sure IV has already considered these options and weighed their merits.

USINPAC is a joke. They have everything on their agenda starting from India's Budget to US-India Nuclear trade. If you ever need a ticket to attend an event that Prime Minister Modi is speaking, these are the go to guys. Please stop advising IV, as IV does a lot more than googling stuff and posting random comments on these forums. Please dont waste your time with all your ramblings. I recommend you to start a blog and post it there and I am sure you will have many clicks from like-minded folks. Good luck dude
Bhishma,

I find your tone extremely disparaging and negative. I have taken time to contact my local Congresswoman's office and meeting with her legislative aide for immigration along with other IV members. I also took my American dad and sister to show that we have voting influence.

All I'm trying to do is think outside the box so that we can collect more signatures on a petition, get a few more phone calls into the office, and make visits with a larger contingent of people so that we can get cosponsorship. It's all about magnifying our efforts.

The information about USINPAC is informative - it is better to not form alliances with them.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bhishma,

I find your tone extremely disparaging and negative. I have taken time to contact my local Congresswoman's office and meeting with her legislative aide for immigration along with other IV members. I also took my American dad and sister to show that we have voting influence.

All I'm trying to do is think outside the box so that we can collect more signatures on a petition, get a few more phone calls into the office, and make visits with a larger contingent of people so that we can get cosponsorship. It's all about magnifying our efforts.

The information about USINPAC is informative - it is better to not form alliances with them.
I am sure that you find my tone disparaging and negative. But I want you to realize that everything that I said is backed up by facts.
You corrected yourself that we shouldnt form alliances with USINPAC after reading my response. I encourage people to think outside the box and at the same also realize that there may be a few other folks who have already assessed these ideas and thoughts and moved on. Not all ideas are good, some evolve over time and some are left behind based on circumstantial findings.
Finally, when I respond to someone, I assume they are adults and can deal with some criticism and taste of reality. But if you find my words harsh, disparaging and negative then I will try to sugar coat my words when replying to your posts.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Default Then focus on the facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
I am sure that you find my tone disparaging and negative. But I want you to realize that everything that I said is backed up by facts.

I encourage people to think outside the box and at the same also realize that there may be a few other folks who have already assessed these ideas and thoughts and moved on. Not all ideas are good, some evolve over time and some are left behind based on circumstantial findings.

Finally, when I respond to someone, I assume they are adults and can deal with some criticism and taste of reality. But if you find my words harsh, disparaging and negative then I will try to sugar coat my words when replying to your posts.
There is a stark difference between constructive criticism and using sarcastic statements that add no value such as "Please dont waste your time with all your ramblings. I recommend you to start a blog and post it there and I am sure you will have many clicks from like-minded folks."

When you say that you encourage outside the box thinking yet reply sarcastically about my "ramblings", you contradict yourself.

Anyways, enough of this catfight - let us put this behind us and focus our efforts on getting freedom from our oppressors.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 140-EAD Rule making started?

I see Matt Oh's blog saying this rule is launched today but no more details or links. Anyone seeing this at other sources?

Old 11-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice

Yes 1615 AC05 is submitted for omb review. Check reginfo.com under regulatory review.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:27 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sourab is on a distinguished road
Default Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecti

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1615-AC05

Old 11-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

Isn't today 1st anniversary of Obamas EO?! Nov 20.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thankstooptx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinayJ View Post
Yes 1615 AC05 is submitted for omb review. Check reginfo.com under regulatory review.
http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1615-AC05

There are no details yet. It just says "Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting Highly-Skilled H-1B Alien Workers " They don't say how.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice

The summary is more towards portability. I don't see anything on EAD , any thoughts?

Old 11-20-2015, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thankstooptx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The summary is more towards portability. I don't see anything on EAD , any thoughts?
Looks like it. In the Spring 2015 publication they mentioned EAD, now it is completely gone. I guess it is wait and watch.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
foia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankstooptx View Post
Looks like it. In the Spring 2015 publication they mentioned EAD, now it is completely gone. I guess it is wait and watch.
I think it is still coming with EAD/AP.. although the language doesn't say it explicitly, but if you see "Summary of the Legal Basis:", it has some current laws mentioned that give authority to DHS to give out EAD to anyone they think eligible. So, I think giving out EAD to people with I-140 approval is easier than to anyone else. Since, they had the same basis for H4-EAD as well. I don't think why not? Also, the agency has been mentioning I-140 EAD wordings in all of their conferences, so I hope everything will be in our best interests.

I thank IV for their efforts. I think, after the last meeting and especially, the speech from Aman, has pressurized them to get it out the door as fast as possible.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
d.kiran is on a distinguished road

Quote:
an Administrative Appeals Office precedent decision
Does anyone know which AAO decision this refers to ?

And I find it very very very curious that the statement that DHS used is identical to the statement by AILA yesterday.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
While too soon to tell for sure...read the summary of legal basis section. It has two things we want:

1) authority to extend employment to non-citizens
2) decide revocability of any petition

I am cautiously optimistic. Cheers!