Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
This administration has a history of self-goals... like with VB modernization... I think IV is trying to tell us I140-EAD is a done deal... but there is still room for sabotage... like Option 4 and "'Extraordinary Circumstances"
If you read the original post, it would be very well evident that IV is warning, how it can be watered down, and sabotaged. So kudos, you can keep your 007 hat aside.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
So the one year still applies for an approved petition.
Really after all that happened are you still cribbing about the one year? We can end up losing everything...so plz. Do not start this...

Old 10-27-2015, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts harishps123 is infamous around these parts

Well said. All that lawsuit did was antagonize the administration and DHS.. Killing them softly by sending them flowers is a better way to protest. At least they will feel bad for us...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
Really after all that happened are you still cribbing about the one year? We can end up losing everything...so plz. Do not start this...
No cribbing at all. Just saying. I would be happy even if they put 2 years but grant EAD + AP.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BenCokila is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishps123 View Post
Well said. All that lawsuit did was antagonize the administration and DHS.. Killing them softly by sending them flowers is a better way to protest. At least they will feel bad for us...
I repent every penny I paid to the lawsuit.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I remember how people were upset when CIR was approved in the senate in July 2013, that it will take an year more to get effective. Funny did they know, they got upset over nothing.

Similarly, many were upset how come dates only moved to 1 July 2011 and not much movement for Eb3. And we know what followed.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I agree. This document just talks about which population to specifically include for this benefit. Option 1 is the least restrictive in that there is a chance undocumnted folks can get an I-140 approved and get EAD.

Option 4 is the lawyer/employer friendly version in that it keeps the cashflow coming in and employee retained.
None of the options make any sense to me. The initial part says rule is about i140ead and after that there is everything in the world except i140

Old 10-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
If you read the original post, it would be very well evident that IV is warning, how it can be watered down, and sabotaged. So kudos, you can keep your 007 hat aside.
there is no need to be upset at me...save it for the lawyers and company lobbyists...be prepared to fight

Old 10-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
None of the options make any sense to me. The initial part says rule is about i140ead and after that there is everything in the world except i140
Rupen - all the options require that an I-140 is approved and it was approved at least 1 year ago.

Now this document is just addressing the questions that were raised at some "Retreat". This document just proves what kind of efforts may be undertaken in such meetings and nothing more. Yes, the draft rule appears to be in our favor as far as I see unless our friends are still at the retreat/working very hard.

Quote:
The current draft regulation limits EAD eligibility to primary beneficiaries and their derivative family members with an 1-140 petition that has been approved for at least one year.1 The current draft regulation contemplates EAD eligibility for individuals who are in lawful nonimmigrant status at the time of filing the EAD application.

This paper addresses the question raised at the Regulations Retreat
The take home message for me is that there are people (lawyers and employers) out there asking such questions in an effort to raise doubts and fears. Presumably, there are also people who advocated option 1.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Siskind is posting against IV because IV is exposing immigration lawyers:

Quote:
Greg Siskind @gsiskind
@mahajaydeep I love how @immivoice uses their post to bash immigration lawyers. It's one big reason IV's credibility has taken a big hit.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
That is all siskind is capable of doing. After looting and raiding our people, he is working very hard with AILA (anti immigrants lawyers association) to sabotage EAD/AP fix and slander IV.

This guy needs to be sued.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcseeker23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
Exactly Rupen, you just spoke my feelings here. This is a confusing memo. If this regulation is being explored for i140 EAD, i fail to understand how an unlawful immigrant can apply / benefit from this rule!
The requirement of approved i140 itself should narrow down the population that would benefit from this rule.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcseeker23 View Post
Exactly Rupen, you just spoke my feelings here. This is a confusing memo. If this regulation is being explored for i140 EAD, i fail to understand how an unlawful immigrant can apply / benefit from this rule!
The requirement of approved i140 itself should narrow down the population that would benefit from this rule.
Option 1 is pre-empting the future possibility. There are people who have been here long time and may qualify for "Other worker" category. Then apply for EAD based on approved I-140. They do not have an incentive right now, but with the new rule they will.

Hope this makes sense.

This memo just is deciding "Who is Elibilible" to apply.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

LOL looks like Greg just runs away when the questioning isn't from his usual servant's: https://twitter.com/gsiskind/status/659087925842419712

Old 10-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post

Quote:
Greg Siskind @gsiskind
@mahajaydeep I love how @immivoice uses their post to bash immigration lawyers. It's one big reason IV's credibility has taken a big hit.
Greg Siskind needs to decide what does he want. One day he is tweeting asking IV to put political pressure for VB reversal. Next day he questions our credibility.

Perhaps Greg needs to be reminded that the best defense is the truth. And what we are saying is true. He may not like it, he may even want to hide the truth, but we are telling everyone the truth about what is going on behind the scenes. We have seen that when it is difficult to bear the truth, Siskind likes to sling mud all round. Back in July, 2012, when Senator Grassley removed his hold on Per country limit bill (H.R.3012), which Siskind and lawyers did not want, Greg came out swinging against the minor amendment that Senator Grassley and Senator Schumer negotiated with agreement with companies, employees and IV. One might ask Siskind, if both Democrats and Republican lawmakers are fine, if employers are fine, if employees are fine, if immigrants are fine, Unions, NumbersUSA, Per-immigrant groups are all fine, THEN WHAT WAS SISKIND'S PROBLEM?

The way we see it, Siskind does not want backlog to be resolved. We believe that is the real reason why, Siskind and other immigration lawyers were jumping around with their objections to a minor amendment to H1B program between Senator Grassley and Senator Schumer back in July-2012. In the end the bill did not pass because of hold on the bill by Senator Sessions. But that event exposed the hypocrisy of Siskind and Immigration lawyers. Back then IV had Siskind on our Board, but we decided to kick him out of IV Board because the last thing we need is the people who say one thing and do something else.

Let me ask a simple question - Why do people want green card?
Because we ALL know that there is exploitation and insecurity when one doesn't have green card. We all know that we cannot live up to our full potential if we don't have green card, and that is why we want green card, ins't it?

Then have you EVER seen Siskind or any other immigration lawyers talk about exploitation of immigrants waiting for green cards? Well, the guy has the time to tweet and write/blog about everything under the Sun. Then why not talk about exploitation of skilled immigrants? Have you ever seen Siskind or other immigration lawyers talk about the exploitation of immigrants working at Disney or Southern California Edison? If anything, Siskind along with his other cronies (immigration lawyers) would not stop talking about increasing H1B visas. As an example - in a few days from now you will see SKILLS Visa Act introduced. That bill will increase H1Bs to around 195K without increasing green cards. According to calculations, that bill will increase the current backlog size from 1 million to 10 million. But when SKILLS Visa Act is introduced, you will probably see Siskind and his cronies jump up and down in support of bills that increase backlogs 10 times. Why? Because backlogs mean more business and money for immigration lawyers.

People who do not learn form their mistakes are destined to doom. Skilled Immigrants need to learn from their mistakes and no longer trust immigration lawyers. Immigration lawyers are in the business of making money, nothing wrong with that I suppose. But when they go to Congress, Immigration lawyers and their advocacy organization pretend to represent immigrants. But then fact is these immigration lawyers only represent themselves. Immigration Lawyers push for new laws to get new immigrants (because that means more business for them). They don't push for laws or regulations which will make it easier for immigrants to change jobs or not live with indenture servitude. That is the real reason you will not see AILA or immigration lawyers ask for EAD for I140 fix when commenting on regulations. Has anyone seen any immigration lawyers ask for EAD for I140 fix? Just name one lawyer or lawyer organization, just one?

To summarize, we have come to the conclusion that immigration lawyers are "Pro_immigration" meaning they want more immigrants because it gives them more business. At the same time, we believe that immigration lawyers are "Anti-immigrants" because they don't want and don't speak up for immigrants to get more rights. So in essence:

Quote:
Immigration lawyers are Pro-Immigration but Anti-Immigrant
And for those who refuse to acknowledge this truth are living in fools paradise. As the saying goes - always be careful of the wolf in sheep skin. Be very careful about immigration lawyers. We keep things simple and honest. And we are never EVER scared to pick a fight. And if you want to find the truth yourself, please do this:

1.) Please find 1 immigration lawyer blog post that talks about exploitation of backlogged immigrants

2.) Please find 1 immigration lawyers that has a policy paper advocating for EAD for I140 fix, or any immigration lawyers that has posted comments on regulation.gov asking for EAD for I140 fix.

So you want to know what we think about Siskind. We think he is a hack and he screwed everyone in backlogs with his lawsuit. When he filed a lawsuit on DHS, he forced DHS to defend themselves. Now DHS is forced to dig their heels. How can DHS reverse VB back to Sept 9th, when Greg's lawsuit has forced DHS to take a firm stand that their reason to reverse VB was genuine? Lawsuit has pretty much killed any chance of getting Sept 9th VB. We know this is not what many people like to hear, but it is what it is. That is why its been said to choose your friends wisely. And that is why IV is no longer friends with Greg Siskind since July-2012, after we figured his true intentions during Per-country limits bill.

Greg seem to come out defending ALL immigration lawyers, as if no one knows what is going on in the real world. How many people reading this feel exploited or know someone who feels exploited by employer or immigration lawyers? Lets be honest, is there anyone who doesn't fall in that category? In the end - we rely on truth to win this fight. And evil designs of immigration lawyers and bad employers will not work in the end.

9 out of 9 members found this post helpful.