Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramkia6 is on a distinguished road

I hope this info is not released by WH. If it is, I don't trust info.

--
Rama Krishna
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Guys - I suggest we not ask AILA or others to come out in support of I-140 EAD/AP. Trust me, they will come out on twitter or blog and say "we fully support". They know how to handle PR on the twitter/internet and that will only hurt IV's credibility further. Just saying.

Then a repeat of history and accusations saying IV tends to take credit for other people's work.

Let's learn from their ways.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

The fix has made progress in-spite of OPPOSITION from immigration lawyers and companies. But there is a one small unknown group that is pushing for this fix. A group that Siskind says has lost credibility. Well, then, that group must be doing something right, isn't it?

Don't care for support of any immigration lawyers. They are hacks and they don't want immigrants to get rights, including the right to change employer. So it doesn't matter what they say publically, what matters is, what they do behind the scenes. And we will be there to share with everyone what is happening behind the scenes. So they cannot say one thing in public and do something else behind the scenes. That is the real reason people like Siskind hate IV. If he would be a good person, he would side with immigrants to fight with the clan of immigration lawyers. But has made a conscious decision to choose the clan. If that is his choice, then we have no idea why he keeps pretending to be in pro-immigrant. He may be for the cases he has taken over. But when it comes to policy matters, we believe immigration lawyers are anti-immigrants because they DO NOT want immigrants to get the rights. That is indisputable truth.

How many times have you AILA or immigration lawyers blog or ask for fixes that will get copies of green card petition for skilled immigrants. How many times have you seen lawyers acknowledge exploitation of EB immigrants or speak against exploitation. How many times have you seen immigration lawyers speak up for increasing green cards without increasing H1/L1? How many times have you seen immigration lawyers talk about removing per country limits in EB category without any strings?

These are all fair questions. And the answer to these questions can help anyone find their own path about the true anti-immigrant nature of immigration lawyers who only want new immigrants to be brought into the country so they can get more business. And if that is the motivation and if that is how it is, then why not say it as it is?

We fail to understand this obsession of Siskind and others like him to be seen as good guys without actually speaking up against exploitation of skilled immigrants. How can he speak against exploitation if he refuse to acknowledge that exploitation of skilled immigrants exist. Dammit why can't we acknowledge what already is.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sean231 is on a distinguished road

Few points that are confusing:
1. This internal memo mentions "current draft regulation" which seems to suggest that the draft was already in place (in June....still not submitted for OMB review)
2. The options seem to be the musings of a group of people from the Office of Policy & Strategy of USCIS at some Regulation Retreat
3. The cons mentioned.......they seem to be overlapping; someone did a bad job of copy/paste when typing this document out

I'm confused if this is to show that USCIS is / was working on this regulation or if these will be points that they are considering (for the past 5 months) and now seem to have a regulation coming out soon???

Hope the regulation gets sent to OMB for review soon and OMB blesses it sooner (maybe within a day as it did for some others)

Old 10-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean231 View Post
1. This internal memo mentions "current draft regulation" which seems to suggest that the draft was already in place (in June....still not submitted for OMB review)
2. The options seem to be the musings of a group of people from the Office of Policy & Strategy of USCIS at some Regulation Retreat
3. The cons mentioned.......they seem to be overlapping; someone did a bad job of copy/paste when typing this document out

I'm confused if this is to show that USCIS is / was working on this regulation or if these will be points that they are considering (for the past 5 months) and now seem to have a regulation coming out soon???

Hope the regulation gets sent to OMB for review soon and OMB blesses it sooner (maybe within a day as it did for some others)
In my opinion, the draft rule (i.e. change in statutes) can be made easily but that is not all that is required. It is not as easy as they need to put a lot of effort in justifying the change and making sure they do not invite criticism when they publish the rule, as Hil and others have said. So a draft rule can be called a draft rule from Day 1. We know the content since May. I am sure they were not just thinking about only these points for the last 5 months as you said in your post.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:32 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean231 View Post

The draft has been in place for a period of time. And they continue to improve upon the draft. That is how these things work.

We said many times before and we say it again, OMB is DOES NOT make any decision about the policy or what should be in the regulation or when the regulation should show up on Regulation.gov or when it is implemented. All those decisions are made by DHS and WH. So please STOP WASTING TIME with OMB. We know some people went to have 1 meeting with OMB during EAD for H4 rule and claimed that they got the fix done. For lack of any better way to say it - that is simply bullshit and people need to grow up and mature.

Going to OMB at the last minute doesn't do anything at all. You might as well sit at home and not do anything, the regulation will still pass as is.

Cons are what they are. PLEASE STOP aimlessly attacking USCIS. This document is not by USCIS. It is by DHS. Lawyers play these games of aimlessly pointing the anger of people towards USCIS, as if USCIS is the enemy. Get real and get happy. USCIS is made of ordinary people who draw ordinary salary of $60K per year to do their job of implementing the law. And for anyone suggesting the USCIS is "evil" or "nefarious" or "deliberately want immigrants to burn in hell" - that group of people (read that as immigration lawyers) are obfuscating the issue by misdirecting the anger of people at USCIS. Instead, this anger should be directed at immigration lawyers because they are the once who have lobbied for years, pretending to represent immigrants but at the same time lobbied against immigrants to make horrible laws which keep immigrants under the boots of employer and immigration lawyers.

Again, stop this obsession with OMB. OMB will do what they are told by DHS and WH.

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Got a couple of questions that need addressing:

Q. Why are you not setting aside differences and working with lawyers?
A. How can we work with anyone who opposes fixes that are our core mission, like I140-EAD? We have been trying to get this done literally - for years. Our first stab at it was during the late Bush administration when the financial crisis put everything on hold. We know for a fact, that employer groups and the immigration lawyer lobby is trying to kill it. How can we work with people whose agenda is 180 degrees opposed to yours?

Q. What do you gain by bashing Greg and other immigration lawyers.
A. We do it to because every word we say is true and people need to know whats going on. Greg and other immigration lawyers are going to DC pushing an agenda that is going to HURT all of us, things like more H1-B's without more Green Cards - that will make all our wait longer - actively opposing commonsense things like H1-B reform to make switching jobs easier - I could go on and on. The only reason they are able to get away with it is because they claim to speak for you - and by not speaking out against the lawyers - you are silently acquiescing to them using your story to further their agenda -- and screw you in the process. That is why we speak out. We realize that some people don't like it, but it must be done. If we didn't do it, important and well-meaning people will be listening to the lawyers, under the mistaken assumption that lawyers speak for our best interests - and I guarantee you there would be no EO or HR.213. You would be waiting for the 2R's forever.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-27-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hill/Admin2 - By exposing the lawyers, do we not increase their motivation to put more efforts behind hurting us more?

If I were a lawyer representing my clients (employers) and I stand to lose money just because legal immigrants want to be free of H1 or GC processes, I would do all I can to stop or delay I-140EAD/AP.

My concern is now we have given the lawyers yet another reason to block the only short term hope we have. The reason is to defeat IV (us).

Old 10-27-2015, 07:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Hill/Admin2 - By exposing the lawyers, do we not increase their motivation to put more efforts behind hurting us more?

If I were a lawyer representing my clients (employers) and I stand to lose money just because legal immigrants want to be free of H1 or GC processes, I would do all I can to stop or delay I-140EAD/AP.

My concern is now we have given the lawyers yet another reason to block the only short term hope we have. The reason is to defeat IV (us).
Be rest assured that every point there is a lawyers or employer lobby trying to sabotage our fixes, they will find dedicated IV members standing right around the corner to put them in their places.

We are not in the year 2000 anymore.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankUnderwood View Post
Be rest assured that every point there is a lawyers or employer lobby trying to sabotage our fixes, they will find dedicated IV members standing right around the corner to put them in their places.

We are not in the year 2000 anymore.
Damn right! I like your this post better than all the other posts.

Thanks again to the IV members standing at the corners!

Old 10-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Employers and lawyers are not reactive like we are. When we see what's going on, we get pissed off, swear up and down that this is ridiculous -- and don't do anything.

Employers and immigration lawyers have highly paid lobbyists -- who systematically and ruthlessly examine every regulation - every law - for the slightest edge for their clients. They are a machine that would be screwing us day-in and day-out regardless of whether we exposed them or not.

Some of their tactics are so ruthless, you have no f***ing idea how much I would LOVE to tell you about them - but cannot on an open forum. In particular, the lengths they are going to just for killing I140-EAD is chilling.

In exposing them on our forum and FB page, maybe a few people will be motivated to speak up - that's the best we can hope, because honestly - most people won't do anything. They will soon be back on the lawyers forums, tweeting at "Greg" again.

The only good news in all of this, is a group of volunteers over almost a decade has developed expertise in essentially - knife fighting these bastards.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks Hil for addressing the issue.

On that note, can I use the word DELETED open forum to describe the collective DELETED ?

On a serious note, please let us know about action required when the time is right.

It is sad that people are still tweeting the president, USCIS, DHS, republicans, democrates, anyone they can think of and complaining and complaining on a daily basis. Hope they will follow us and do the right thing for them and not be misguided by the "DELETED"

Last edited by hil3182; 10-27-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Believe it or not, it is almost like the Matrix Trilogy - fighting off Agent Smith that crops up every time you eliminate one. Ultimately it is what you want that wins at the end. Do you remember what Nemo asked at the end, after he lost his vision? Once you know what you want - you defeat Agents Smith (yourself) and kill the machines (forces that want you to be their slave) to secure your Zion (Green Card/PR/peace).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Employers and lawyers are not reactive like we are. When we see what's going on, we get pissed off, swear up and down that this is ridiculous -- and don't do anything.

Employers and immigration lawyers have highly paid lobbyists -- who systematically and ruthlessly examine every regulation - every law - for the slightest edge for their clients. They are a machine that would be screwing us day-in and day-out regardless of whether we exposed them or not.

Some of their tactics are so ruthless, you have no f***ing idea how much I would LOVE to tell you about them - but cannot on an open forum. In particular, the lengths they are going to just for killing I140-EAD is chilling.

In exposing them on our forum and FB page, maybe a few people will be motivated to speak up - that's the best we can hope, because honestly - most people won't do anything. They will soon be back on the lawyers forums, tweeting at "Greg" again.

The only good news in all of this, is a group of volunteers over almost a decade has developed expertise in essentially - knife fighting these bastards.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks Hil for addressing the issue.

On that note, can I use the word "DELETED" open forum to describe the collective DELETED?

On a serious note, please let us know about action required when the time is right.

It is sad that people are still tweeting the president, USCIS, DHS, republicans, democrates, anyone they can think of and complaining and complaining on a daily basis. Hope they will follow us and do the right thing for them and not be misguided by the "DELETED"
I would keep it a little civil here. My opinion though.

Last edited by The Alchemist; 10-27-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
I would keep it a little civil here. My opinion though.
Hil - please delete my anger. I agree with Sengs.