Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
You are comparing apples and oranges. EAD for H4 was not the same as EAD for I140.

For example, each bill is different. Some bills pass without arguments/debates, and some bills take decades.

EAD for H4 took time because even though it started in 2011 (after a lot of push from IV, long before that lawyer Shanpalli or any of these other folks showed up). The policy pitch and the sale was already made back then. The policy makers already decided to make the change. After that it was a matter of time. But then in 2012, the Administration wanted to play safe due to re-election. So EAD for H4 fix was delayed. Then in 2013, CIR started in the Senate. It passed the Senate but eventually House refused to take it up. By 2014, it was clear that House was not going to take up CIR, that is when the Administration again started to work on EAD for H4 fix.

That is the reason why EAD for H4 took time. And again, 5 people going to OMB once had absolutely no relevance to why/how/when EAD for H4 was done.

So there are many external factors that affected EAD for H4 fix, these factors were outside of the control of anyone.

As far as EAD for I140 is concerned, back in 2014, when every lawyer and company were pushing for Recapture and Dependents exemption, and every news article were talking about Recapture and Dependents exemption, we were telling everyone the truth, that Recapture and Dependents exemption WILL NOT HAPPEN. People online were offended and instead of listening to the truth, they were attacking us. We knew back then that Recapture and Dependents exemption, were not going to happen, and it was a diversion created by immigration lawyers. We knew that there was no point in wasting energy on Recapture and Dependents exemption. And we decided to look for other fixes that could help give job mobility to EB immigrants (including Same or Similar fix, EAD for I140 fix, fix the remove the authority of the employer to revoke I140 etc) even when they are waiting for green cards.

Guess what, fast forward 1 year, and here we are. Recapture and Dependents exemption are no where to be seen. And the fixes that IV pushed for are now being considered.

If Siskind is the one who has credibility, then why do we not see Recapture and Dependents exemption? And why do we see only fixes pushed by an unknown small group which according to Siskind has lost credibility? Now Siskind could post a DHS paper online to give an impression that he is the one authoring these fixes. But that is just not true. If anything, he did not push for these fixes and neither did other immigration lawyers.

We expect the final implementation of these regulatory fixes by the 3rd quarter of next year.
He has acknowledged that he and aila did not know about these fixes until summer and that's why did not know that they should put that in the document that aila submitted.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcseeker23 is on a distinguished road

thanks DMX17

Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupen View Post
He has acknowledged that he and aila did not know about these fixes until summer and that's why did not know that they should put that in the document that aila submitted.
That's another bullshit excuse. All Immigration lawyers know the backlog is a huge issue. A most obvious fix is I140-EAD, which the President has clear authority to do - but they didn't mention it - wow!!!

It's like an Emerency room Doctor looking at someone with a gunshot wound and not doing something to stop the bleeding.

So far we have seen two bullshit excuses for anyone keeping count, it didn't occur to them and page count restriction - which is hilarious - not to mention contradict each other.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-28-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Here is what they said on AILA response "Note that we have not included herein any suggestions for improvements that were referenced in connection with the President’s November 20, 2014 Executive Action announcement, as we assume that those are already being pursued."

This will be used to show that “we fully support” these fixes. How convenient!

From reading what other Lawyers included in their response, the only significant item that you will like is the mention of "early AOS" based on the turkey theory. But, that theory should now be called "Bakra" theory in my opinion. I don't think they really meant to push for it. Elephant's teeth! I will be happy to be proven wrong through, as I eat both Turkey and Bakra.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcci is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
That's another bullshit excuse. All Immigration lawyers know the backlog is a huge issue. A most obvious fix is I140-EAD, which the President has clear authority to do - but they didn't mention it - wow!!!

It's like an Emerency room Doctor looking at someone with a gunshot wound and not doing something to stop the bleeding.

So far we have seen two bullshit excuses for anyone keeping count, it didn't occur to them and page count restriction - which is hilarious - not to mention contradict each other.
Well, there is AILA meeting with USCIS sometime back in April - 2015. They have asked for clarification for most of the EO questions and guess what? 140EAD was missed in that Q/A too. How can that be a mistake?

Old 10-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

All you muggles but but Greg Siskind tweeted support for I140 + EAD AP

Old 10-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
freedomForAll is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Wow! So now Lawyers want to water down this implementation too! . Time to fight back

Looks like we need to give a fitting response. We should learn from the way the illegal immigrant population effectively got their relief from the WH. I appreciate their work and their talent in getting this done.

What we need to do is organize and start taking these lawyers/employers up for a fight. We can also fight in their way.

I hatred when that damn employer became happy due to the VB reversal. I hate it very badly .

Cmon guys. Let us brace ourselves for a fight . We are a million legal immigrants. We can do it. IV is the right oraganization to get this done.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:48 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:

Here is how it goes

We have been advocating this for years. So, why did you not include in the document ? We did not know about this until summer. So the the say rule is coming out with years of their advocacy about which they did not know until this summer so they were advocating for something for years but only came to know what it was this summer. It all makes sense

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcci View Post
Well, there is AILA meeting with USCIS sometime back in April - 2015. They have asked for clarification for most of the EO questions and guess what? 140EAD was missed in that Q/A too. How can that be a mistake?
Below is my most on that.

But as Rupen said above, they did not know about this fix until summer 2015 and hence cannot be blamed for not asking while, in January 2015 (after summer mind you) they assumed that Nov EO items are already pursued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
See if you find I-140 work authorization here too:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...S-QA-41615.pdf

This is where AILA members apparently met USCIS to address issues, one of which was Executive Actions. "Oops, we probably omitted and an omission cannot be construed as we don't care about our immigrant clients." Heck, they even asked about accepting credit card payment which is more important.

Of course, if someone bothers them on twitter, they will say we "fully support" and same goes for blogs.

People - I have no intention for you to read this and start asking AILA/lawyers. Please save yourself the time and trouble and take it from me their answer will be "fully support".

Old 10-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Below is my most on that.

But as Rupen said above, they did not know about this fix until summer 2015 and hence cannot be blamed for not asking while, in January 2015 (after summer mind you) they assumed that Nov EO items are already pursued.
Just to be clear, i was being sarcastic they did not ask for that in october either when they wrote letter about visa bulletin reversal. I guess they were still processing information from summer

Old 10-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Just to be clear, i was being sarcastic they did not ask for that in october either when they wrote letter about visa bulletin reversal. I guess they were still processing information from summer
I was also being sarcasitc in my post.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Quote:

First of all we cannot expect the policy of one person or group cannot be same as other.

Everyone clearly knows that Lawyers were pushing for recapture and dependent exemption. In fact IV also did some campaign for recapture in last March. So that means IV also had some confident on recapture also. IV was working on temporary fixes like I140 and H4-EAD etc. If IV succeeds in those fixes why lawyers also have to work on it,. Instead they can concentrate on bigger things like recapture. Those needs advocacy and lobbying

Also it makes sense for some lawyers to oppose Hr 3012 or Hr 213.Those bills will get benefits to Indians at the cost of rest of world. You can argue for and against but end result is costing one group and benefiting other group in potential immigrants. So some or many lawyers have the opinion that remove country quota with adding more green cards by recapture and or dependent exemption. If you are in rest of the world I am sure you will also oppose.

I cannot comment accusing lawyers for trying to block fixes by backdoor way as no one provided evidence or proof. One case accuse whatever. That will be always suspicion which may or may not be true.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitinglongtime is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Here is what they said on AILA response "Note that we have not included herein any suggestions for improvements that were referenced in connection with the President’s November 20, 2014 Executive Action announcement, as we assume that those are already being pursued."

This will be used to show that “we fully support” these fixes. How convenient!

From reading what other Lawyers included in their response, the only significant item that you will like is the mention of "early AOS" based on the turkey theory. But, that theory should now be called "Bakra" theory in my opinion. I don't think they really meant to push for it. Elephant's teeth! I will be happy to be proven wrong through, as I eat both Turkey and Bakra.
From other website

who supported I140-EAD : separating MILK and WATER, I140EAD with AP mentioned in IV comments

Immigration-voice(IV) Aman Kapoor Regulations.gov

http://www.regulations.gov/contentSt...ontentType=pdf

16-Associations (includes AILA)- Regulations.gov

Fragomen- Regulations.gov

Compete America- Regulations.gov

Council of Global Immigration- Regulations.gov

Greg siskind : ??????????

CYRUS MEHTA- Regulations.gov

AILA-http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2014-0014-1499

Old 10-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
First of all we cannot expect the policy of one person or group cannot be same as other.

Everyone clearly knows that Lawyers were pushing for recapture and dependent exemption. In fact IV also did some campaign for recapture in last March. So that means IV also had some confident on recapture also. IV was working on temporary fixes like I140 and H4-EAD etc. If IV succeeds in those fixes why lawyers also have to work on it,. Instead they can concentrate on bigger things like recapture. Those needs advocacy and lobbying
There always was a very small chance of recapture - and there still is. But to hang our hat on on something with a small chance is advocacy mal-practice. Similarly, even though Recapture has a very small chance - we went the extra mile to show the WH that there was political support for Recapture and Dependent exemption with the letter. To not go the extra mile would be advocacy malpractice.

The lawyers just talked about Recapture in public and threw in a couple of lines in their submission. Behind the scenes, they barely talked about it - we know this because we were in the same meetings as they were. Facetime with WH officials is very valuable and to waste any kind of serious time talking about something that isn't happening is stupid - AILA might be many things, but they are not stupid.

The lawyers were playing a very cynical game where all they talked about was Recapture and Dependent exemption in public -- and there wasn't a word about more achievable fixes. They created Recapture and Dependent exemption hysteria in the media to drown out other more achievable fixes.

If you are too dumb to understand this, you are on the wrong forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalingam View Post
Also it makes sense for some lawyers to oppose Hr 3012 or Hr 213.Those bills will get benefits to Indians at the cost of rest of world. You can argue for and against but end result is costing one group and benefiting other group in potential immigrants. So some or many lawyers have the opinion that remove country quota with adding more green cards by recapture and or dependent exemption. If you are in rest of the world I am sure you will also oppose.

I cannot comment accusing lawyers for trying to block fixes by backdoor way as no one provided evidence or proof. One case accuse whatever. That will be always suspicion which may or may not be true.
But I can comment, because I have been to very disturbing meetings and let me assure you they are going through unbelievable lengths to kill this.

If you think it makes sense for lawyers to oppose HR.213, what makes you think they will not oppose I140-EAD EVEN MORE which will cost them EVEN MORE than HR.213? They are trying desperately to kill I140-EAD. Until November 15th (and maybe even after), killing I140-EAD, is #1 on their agenda.

Also, why do you think option #4 is even on the document?

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinglongtime View Post
From other website

who supported I140-EAD : separating MILK and WATER, I140EAD with AP mentioned in IV comments

Immigration-voice(IV) Aman Kapoor Regulations.gov

16-Associations (includes AILA)- Regulations.gov

Fragomen- Regulations.gov

Compete America- Regulations.gov

Council of Global Immigration- Regulations.gov

Greg siskind : ??????????

CYRUS MEHTA- Regulations.gov

AILA-http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2014-0014-1499

Of those submissions, the only submissions that matter are submissions from large organizations that have the clout, stamina and firepower for marathon meetings over months to hash out the details in their regulatory submissions.

The submissions are just first steps, they expect legal-research, political support and PR support from the organization they are doing the regulation for - otherwise the submission will be read and pro-forma marked up by some summer intern before being thrown in the recycling bin.

If Greg, Cyrus, Ron or any other idiot immigration lawyer with a blog, twitter account or forum does a regulatory submission - it means less than nothing. Submissions from orgs like AILA, IV, Compete America are meaningful. This is how the world really works.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER