Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by advik20 View Post
10 months and still not before judiciary comitee?
Yep. That is why we need more co-sponsors on the bill. Have you lobbied congressmen in your area, or are you just here to complain?

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcseeker23 View Post
Admin/Hil,

Are there any updates on Same/Similar fix ? Would it be part of i140EAD/AP regulation or a separate memo / regulation?
I was referring to this on Same/Similar:
Pending EO 12866 Regulatory Review

Old 10-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Yep. That is why we need more co-sponsors on the bill. Have you lobbied congressmen in your area?
Everyone,

With my experience meeting with Congressman Yoder's office yesterday to request support and co-sponsorship for HR 213 I would like to state that
  • Requesting a meeting with Congressman's office is as simple as picking up your phone and calling the Congressman's office
  • The staffers at the Congressman's office are very informed and friendly
  • I was by myself in my meeting yesterday and it was not hard for me to explain the situation and request co-sponsorship

I request everyone who hasnt done this before, to please try it out and help yourself and help us

Thanks

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
Everyone,

With my experience meeting with Congressman Yoder's office yesterday to request support and co-sponsorship for HR 213 I would like to state that
  • Requesting a meeting with Congressman's office is as simple as picking up your phone and calling the Congressman's office
  • I was by myself in my meeting yesterday and it was not hard for me to explain the situation and request co-sponsorship

I request everyone who hasnt done this before, to please try it out and help yourself and help us

Thanks
Thanks for doing it Bhishma.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yep. That is why we need more co-sponsors on the bill. Have you lobbied congressmen in your area, or are you just here to complain?
call me on REMOVED and train me.

I can go and meet my rep in fl.

Last edited by hil3182; 10-29-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
call me on REMOVED and train me.

I can go and meet my rep in fl.
Firstly the word "please" would be helpful. This is costing us all a lot of money and time (more than a lot of people spend on their day jobs) and your tone isn't helpful.

That said, please PM me your email address, I will send out some material to you tonight. It should be pretty self explanatory.

Thank you for stepping up.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-29-2015, 09:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Everyone,

Thanks
Thank you and good job!

Please don't forget to obsessively followup - that is the most important part which people keep forgetting to do.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Firstly the word "please" would be helpful. This is costing us all a lot of money and time (more than a lot of people spend on their day jobs) and your tone isn't helpful.

That said, please PM me your email address, I will send out some material to you tonight. It should be pretty self explanatory.

Thank you for stepping up.
dint realize my tone can jeopardize the great work you are doing

anyways lets put this aside I have sent you a PM.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/19/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CuriousGC is on a distinguished road
Default Festival Season and Advocacy!!

Is there anyone from MN state chapter here. I was thinking the other day, like we have lot of Indian people at Temple during this festival season, if we can just get a stall and ask people to sign the paper for HR 213 and we will take that to Congressman during the meet. How much those physical signature makes an impact.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGC View Post
Is there anyone from MN state chapter here. I was thinking the other day, like we have lot of Indian people at Temple during this festival season, if we can just get a stall and ask people to sign the paper for HR 213 and we will take that to Congressman during the meet. How much those physical signature makes an impact.
Please join our MN state chapter using the link in my signature. We have an active group in MN who are already successful in getting cosponsorships. More help from you will definitely be appreciated there. Thanks and best of Luck. And yes, physical signatures do make a huge impact.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/19/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CuriousGC is on a distinguished road

Thanks Sengs!! I did Joined the state chapter!!!

Old 10-29-2015, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Everyone,

Thanks
Fantastic job! I hope more folks will see this and realize the power and potential we have to bring about a change.

Agree with others, you have to obsessively follow-up every week until you win that cosponsorship.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

the evil alliance of desi employers and immigration lawyers at its best..... here is another example...

this group ITServe | Home has ALL desi body shops whose business model is to bring on H1B and exploit...

and, surprise surprise..... immigration lawyers are convenient bed fellows..... immigration lawyers are talking about "Burning Issues For IT Employers".... and although they have listed EB green cards on the agenda, in reality they will be ONLY talking about H1B and OPT.....

ITServe | Immigration Panel Discussion

where are those idiots who want to "work with" immigration lawyers? why? so they can continue to screw us for 50 more year?

Old 10-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
dint realize my tone can jeopardize the great work you are doing

anyways lets put this aside I have sent you a PM.
Thank you, Please and Sorry go long way in America. I know tens of people who can only speak these 3 words in English and are making a living in this great country for over 30 years now.

That said, I encourage you to go through all the material and post any questions if you need quick answers on this forum. There are many members on this forum who can answer your questions right away and also offer you tips that ease your effort

Besides the nice handouts and material I got from IV,
I printed a copy of HR 3012 (and local Congressman's statement when he supported HR 3012) and Hr 213 to show their similarity.
I made notes on all the immigration bills he supported and all his statements made on twitter, townhalls, in the house and to the media
I gathered 22 letters from my colleagues, friends and family requesting the Congressman to support HR 213
I memorized all the Republican Congressman's names who co-sponsored HR 213 and I mentioned their names and also Luis Gutierrez name when I was making my pitch.
It is important to not talk about H1B's, startup companies, entrepreneur visas or illegal immigration. Focus only on HR 213 and not even Visa Bulletin Reversal.
Be sure that your conversation is not side tracked and always make sure that you are in control

Trust me, the folks at the Congressman's office are friendly and very informed. They fill you up and sometimes say many things that add up.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

FYI, AILA stuff has sidetracked a lot of good discussions and productive initiatives - like HR.213 meetings and I140-EAD information, so we are moving all such things to a new thread (AILA News and Discussion). Please enjoy responsibly

NOT A DAMN LAWYER