Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default USCIS Internal Memo about EAD for I140 from June 2015

Here is the link to the USCIS Internal Memo from June 2015 about EAD for I140. The work is underway and we expect the rule to come out in public for comments on/around 15th November.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwcu66m3vn...e2015.pdf?dl=0

There is also background activity whereby immigration lawyers and companies are working very hard to derail EAD for I140 fix. They are trying all sorts of ways to derail or water down this fix that we have worked for years.

Immigration lawyers and companies want this fix to be only applied to those with 'Extraordinary Circumstances' i.e. where employee can show economic hardship, exploitation by employer etc. They are trying to water down so no more than 600 people in an year would be able to benefit from this fix.

We ask that you NOT engage in any online petitions. Online petitions are distraction and diversion from real effort. Often times these petitions are started by immigration lawyers as diversion from real advocacy. Online petitions severely hurt our efforts. Again, please DO NOT engage in online petitions.

We will soon publish action items and we ask you to actively participate in these actions items.

Here is the link to FB Post for this information/announcement.
https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...25332340866323

Thank you

Team IV

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-27-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

Thanks admin. Is there a guesstimate when this might become a rule.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:14 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
Thanks admin. Is there a guesstimate when this might become a rule.
Around Nov 15th is not the time frame for when it will become rule. This is the time frame when this rule will come out for comments. Then the proposed rule will have to go through its life cycle before the final rule is published and implemented.

But more importantly, please note the opposition from Immigration lawyers and companies, who want to kill or water down this fix.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

I think there were lot of anxieties and name calling about why IV was quiet since the flower campaign. Hope this proves that IV is is quietly working in the background. Which is where it matters. There is lots going on and most have no idea on how these agreements in fixes and deals are done. Stand by us. Lots of action items coming up.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcci is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Around Nov 15th is not the time frame for when it will become rule. This is the time frame when this rule will come out for comments. Then the proposed rule will have to go through its life cycle before the final rule is published and implemented.

But more importantly, please note the opposition from Immigration lawyers and companies, who want to kill or water down this fix.
Thanks, Admin. VB reversal is still a hope or watered down because of that so called dead lawsuit? I appreciate your response.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RH_93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcci View Post
Thanks, Admin. VB reversal is still a hope or watered down because of that so called dead lawsuit? I appreciate your response.
Thank you very much for the update !!!! Timely indeed. One question - The document says -pre-decisional and not for distribution. Why is this then being distributed on a public forum?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rahdirs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Awesome..

SUPER!!!!
(btw..that FB link is dead now??)

Old 10-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Damn Lawyers...

Trying to screw us as usual

People need to stay away from all Lawyer organizations - they will just use us for their agenda....

Old 10-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IMNotACommonMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There is also background activity whereby immigration lawyers and companies are working very hard to derail EAD for I140 fix. They are trying all sorts of ways to derail or water down this fix that we have worked for years.

Immigration lawyers and companies want this fix to be only applied to those with 'Extraordinary Circumstances' i.e. where employee can show economic hardship, exploitation by employer etc. They are trying to water down so no more than 600 people in an year would be able to benefit from this fix.
Very very very disturbing news, I was thinking with their current activity I.e. by creating a rights group etc they will understand our pain and will help the immgrants community get the rights they deserve.

I am out of my wits, what to say....

A Legal Immigrant
IMNotACommonMan

Join IV's Mailing List | State Chapters

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

Old 10-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
These lawyers and their shady organizations are nothing but a front to their malicious intents of keeping us slaves. We need to stand up to them and make sure they fail. The lawyers and their waterboys are a moral disgrace to this planet.

IV should put out action items to publicly expose these b@$t@rds, aka the lawyers and their front organizations!

-FU

Old 10-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rahdirs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahdirs View Post
SUPER!!!!
(btw..that FB link is dead now??)
(and its back up again!!)

Old 10-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BenCokila is infamous around these parts

Seriously! Seriously! WTF is going on here! The stupidest minions of these demonish lawyers are trying to hack their own feet. It is shame that you even call them "high-skilled"!!! All of these people must have faked their CVs to come to the US. With such low intelligence these people should get what they deserve !!!!!

Extreme hardship! What the F**k is extreme hardship! These lawyer sponsored organizations should be exposed to everyone for their low-skilled low-intelligent behavior for supporting their overlords who ask for thewse kind of clauses. These stupid people should be immediately self-deported before they ruin all our future!!

Old 10-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Is IV fighting this? Can you share some background?

Old 10-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

While I fully trust IVís "water down" comment about how most lawyers/employers who stand to lose their upper hand will do everything to block or dilute this important fix, I think the people at large do not want to believe IV and will continue to follow the lead on petitions etc. For them, IV is just repeating the same old broken record and hence not trustworthy. They fail to understand that liking immigration lawyers for what service they provide (immigration applications and case handling) is different from liking them for the claim of doing the so-called advocacy for the betterment of immigrantís life. These are two different things.

People - this one time, do something smart for yourself and follow IV lead. Please.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
Is IV fighting this? Can you share some background?
WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

We should do a dharna in front of the lawyer's homes to get the hell out of our lives.

-FU

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.