Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2015, 12:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RH_93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Words have meaning. When we go to the Hill (Congress) or Administration (DHS) asking for Job MOBILITY, companies and lawyers go there asking for job PORTABILITY

"Job MOBILITY" and "Job PORTABILITY" may sound the same, it may even rhyme, but it ain't the same.

Job Portability means - if you change job, then you take your priority date with you, so you can start your green card petition from scratch again with the new employer using the priority date from your GC petition from previous employer. But you still will have to maintain H1 (non-immigrant) status with the new employer and everything. This system is already in place. And AILA document advocates for Portability.

Job Mobility means - if your green card application is pending, you get EAD + AP after I140 so you can change jobs using the EAD. And your ongoing green card petition will continue as is, and you can file for AOS with another employer (which could be different from the original petitioning employer), so you never have to start your GC process all over again from scratch once your I-140 has been approved. So you no longer have to change jobs on H1 visa and will not have to apply for new H1 and new green card every time you change jobs after approval of I-140.

IV has been pushing for Job MOBILITY. That is what AC21 regulation ought to be about. And immigration lawyers and companies are trying to re-brand Job MOBILITY as Job PORTABILITY.

Look at AILA's document again. You CANNOT find the word 'MOBILITY' in that document. It only mentions PORTABILITY - meaning you will be slaves of H1 system for rest of your lives. Hey, if you have to file H1 and Green card over and over again, guess who benefits? IMMIGRATION LAWYERS.

But if immigrants will get EADs and APs (which you can file themselves), it will result in less number of H1 visa filing (for which lawyers charge 2000 to 8000 each) and less green card filings (for which lawyers charge $8000 to $20,000) as you will no longer have to re-apply for H1 and green card over and over again.

EAD+AP for I140 will mean immigration lawyers will get less work and immigration lawyers will make less money. So what does an organization of immigration lawyers do? They quietly push for agenda so that its members (immigration lawyers) get more work by more H1 and GCs re-filings, to ensure that members of their organization (immigration lawyers) make more money even when number of H1s and GCs are not increased by Congress. This is how organizations work to maximum the benefit of their members. Nothing wrong with that. We just want it to be transparent to the people/immigrants who are naive to believe that AILA's purpose is for a better system for immigrants.
Wow..this is such an eye opener for me. Thanks much for the detailed explanation. We need to roast these lawyers on the differences. Bloody hell....Thanks again IV !!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2015, 01:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

I think most people have come to understand that AILA will not push for worker mobility. This is easy conclusion because this sounds as if AILA is neutral. Why should they, right?

What people do not want to or cannot believe is the claim that AILA/lawyers are actively working agaist worker mobility. This would paint AILA/lawyers as anti-backlog-immigrant or pro-backlog. And the backlog community remains conflicted and divided no matter how many times Admin2/Hil/others/I said it. When it comes to I140 EAD/AP only the backlog immigrants are for it. And there is no position called a neutral position.

My guess is that we will see them coming out as pro-I140 EAD/AP in public the closer we get to the rule. The two famous lawyers have many times with one telling people attacking AILA is attacking him. But this is directed at the immigrant followers and a marketing thing. So is the AILA report card.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I think most people have come to understand that AILA will not push for worker mobility. This is easy conclusion because this sounds as if AILA is neutral. Why should they, right?

What people do not want to or cannot believe is the claim that AILA/lawyers are actively working agaist worker mobility. This would paint AILA/lawyers as anti-backlog-immigrant or pro-backlog. And the backlog community remains conflicted and divided no matter how many times Admin2/Hil/others/I said it. When it comes to I140 EAD/AP only the backlog immigrants are for it. And there is no position called a neutral position.

My guess is that we will see them coming out as pro-I140 EAD/AP in public the closer we get to the rule. The two famous lawyers have many times with one telling people attacking AILA is attacking him. But this is directed at the immigrant followers and a marketing thing. So is the AILA report card.
AILA gets a grease of F'ing F by the immigrants

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Default Eye-opening - why not blog about it?

Quote:
Words have meaning. When we go to the Hill (Congress) or Administration (DHS) asking for Job MOBILITY, companies and lawyers go there asking for job PORTABILITY

"Job MOBILITY" and "Job PORTABILITY" may sound the same, it may even rhyme, but it ain't the same.

Job Portability means - if you change job, then you port or take your priority date with you, so you can start your green card petition from scratch again with the new employer using the priority date from your GC petition from previous employer. But you will still have to maintain H1 (non-immigrant) status with the new employer and everything. This system is already in place. And AILA document advocates for Portability.

Job Mobility means - if your green card application is pending, you get EAD + AP after I140 so you can change jobs using the EAD. And your ongoing green card petition will continue as is, and you can file for AOS with another employer (which could be different from the original petitioning employer), so you never have to start your GC process all over again from scratch once your I-140 has been approved. So you no longer have to change jobs on H1 visa and will not have to apply for new H1 and new green card every time you change jobs after approval of I-140.

IV has been pushing for Job MOBILITY. That is what AC21 regulation ought to be about. And immigration lawyers and companies are trying to re-brand Job MOBILITY as Job PORTABILITY.

Look at AILA's document again. You CANNOT find the word 'MOBILITY' in that document. It only mentions PORTABILITY - meaning you will be slaves of H1 system for rest of your lives. Hey, if you have to file H1 and Green card over and over again, guess who benefits? IMMIGRATION LAWYERS.

But if immigrants will get EADs and APs (which you can file yourself), it will result in less number of H1 visa filing (for which lawyers charge 2000 to 8000 each) and less green card filings (for which lawyers charge $8000 to $20,000) as you will no longer have to re-apply for H1 and green card over and over again.

EAD+AP for I140 will mean immigration lawyers will get less work and immigration lawyers will make less money. So what does an organization of immigration lawyers do? They quietly push for agenda so that its members (immigration lawyers) get more work by more H1 and GCs re-filings, to ensure that members of their organization (immigration lawyers) make more money even when number of H1s and GCs are not increased by Congress. This is how organizations work to maximum the benefit of their members. Nothing wrong with that. We just want it to be transparent to the people/immigrants who are naive to believe that AILA's purpose is for a better system for immigrants.
Admin2,

I attended Aman's conference call this past Sunday and he talked about how IV believes in doing advocacy - by calling your congressman instead of going on Twitter.

Be that as it may, most people find out information through Twitter. Why doesn't IV write a blog about how immigration lawyers together with companies screw over immigrants? The media would pick it up instantly and a lot more people's eyes would be opened. All the idiots who contributed $25K to a now infamous lawyer will be saved from future idiocy.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcci is on a distinguished road
Default Masterpiece

Quote:

Job Portability means - if you change job, then you port or take your priority date with you, so you can start your green card petition from scratch again with the new employer using the priority date from your GC petition from previous employer. But you will still have to maintain H1 (non-immigrant) status with the new employer and everything. This system is already in place. And AILA document advocates for Portability.

But if immigrants will get EADs and APs (which you can file yourself), it will result in less number of H1 visa filing (for which lawyers charge 2000 to 8000 each) and less green card filings (for which lawyers charge $8000 to $20,000) as you will no longer have to re-apply for H1 and green card over and over again.

Truly a masterpiece on it own. Thank you, Sir!!

Old 11-20-2015, 10:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute sundeepreddym has a reputation beyond repute

Very well stated Admin2. These are facts on the ground and if immigrant does not understand this or ignores this - I pray for their sanity. We IV volunteers understand the "wolf in sheep skin" attitude of Immigration lawyers.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Why does immigration lawyers dislike Democratic candidate Sanders. This is strange

https://twitter.com/gsiskind/status/669310024943067136
"Sanders endorsing more portability for H-1Bs is encouraging, but nothing on green cards for skilled workers.
https://berniesanders.com/issues/a-f...ration-policy/
"

Old 11-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Why does immigration lawyers dislike Democratic candidate Sanders. This is strange

https://twitter.com/gsiskind/status/669310024943067136
"Sanders endorsing more portability for H-1Bs is encouraging, but nothing on green cards for skilled workers.
https://berniesanders.com/issues/a-f...ration-policy/
"
As we have highlighted earlier, lawyers like to beat down the drum to repeat "portability" over and over and over and over again. And they will never EVER say "job MOBILITY". But if you look at the Sen. Sanders campaign page - https://berniesanders.com/issues/a-f...ration-policy/ - just try searching for the word "portability" (as this lawyer claimed), you will NOT find anything related to "portability".

Instead, if anything, Senator Sanders campaign website for President talks about the following key solutions:

1.) End the Economic Exploitation of Immigrant Workers
2.) Protect and Expand the Legal Rights of Immigrant Workers

But immigration lawyers never acknowledge that there is exploitation of immigrant workers. Instead, they put a spin on Candidate Sanders immigration policy position as "portability". Lawyers don't want immigrants to think beyond "portability" because we as explained above, "portability" forces you to file application again, getting more business for immigration lawyers.

There is an organized campaign to deny immigrants the rights so immigrants stay more attractive to employers over US workers. So the intended outcome is to make sure immigrants stay in backlogs so lawyers can use them as cash cow to refile green card and H1 petition over and over again. And in the process, US workers are discriminated at the marketplace.

This entire debate is NOT between Immigrant workers v/s US workers.
In IT, this debate is also NOT about Indian workers v/s Americans.

This debate is about immigration lawyers and handful of companies who game the system for their own profits. So the way real system unfold, the immigrant workers, American workers and the economy is screwed. But it works great for immigration lawyers and handful of companies.

If immigration lawyers tend to benefit from this business of exploitation and backlogs, then why would immigration lawyers bring up "exploitation", or "lack of rights of immigrants" etc. Immigration lawyers would rather stay the "Joseph Goebbels" course to repeat "portability" over and over again, making it look like as if everyone is talking about and wants "portability". But again Senator Sanders webpage doesn't even mention or even indirectly refers to "portability".

Anyone who speaks up against exploitation and asking for immigrant rights is a sworn enemy of immigration lawyers. That is how the real system works. And that is why, immigration lawyers are not a big fan of Senator Sanders. That is the real real why immigration lawyers don't like Senator Sanders' immigration policy position. These lawyers wrap their "Joseph Goebbels" message around their claim that "nothing on green cards for skilled workers" just so that ill informed immigrants who follow immigration lawyers will give them high-5. And the proof is - look at handful of idiots who re-tweeted and agreed with this immigration lawyer.

We think that the real problem is not immigration lawyers, but rather such ill informed people who become instruments of pushing for the twisted agenda of immigration lawyers instead of speaking up for the issues and agenda of skilled immigrants and to improve upon the over system so immigrants are not exploited when they are in backlogs for decades, and, Americans are not discriminated against in the marketplace.

Last edited by Administrator2; 11-28-2015 at 10:55 PM.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.