Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vall is on a distinguished road

Thanks but do we know what are these extraordinary Circumstances or do we need to wait untill bill is out
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vall View Post
Thanks but do we know what are these extraordinary Circumstances or do we need to wait untill bill is out
Did you not read "Extraordinary Circumstances' i.e. where employee can show economic hardship, exploitation by employer etc."

In a twisted way they are to turn this into a humanitarian issue like immigration benefits for victims of domestic violence for example.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vall is on a distinguished road

oh no that's really bad

Old 11-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Check out IV facebook.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

It's up on FB: https://www.facebook.com/Immigration...29232440476313

Please like and share.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 11-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchi2131 View Post
so now instead of channeling resources ,admin and siskind are fighting it out on public space .
guess its difficult to agree to disagree respectfully.

Maybe time for parties to join big boss 9
Please dont forget to watch how the admin is channeling resources. I wonder what would have happened today if IV was not fighting it out on public space.
Be it DHS conference, forums or twitter IV is the only voice of backlogged skilled immigrants. And I dont think this is difficult to agree

My apologies that this will not be aired on Big Boss9. You will have to spare a few minutes to discover IVs facebook page and witness it there. Unlike Big Boss 9 there wont be any ads or anything entertaining but plain sorrows and grieves of skilled immigrants. Sorry IV doesnt spice up things

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd052011 View Post
Is this a new strategy from IV? If yes, its a horrible way to distance the organization from immigration lawyers.
[Not speaking for IV]
I like this new strategy (if it was a strategy) to keep distance from immigration lawyers.

Quote:
I am surprised moderators and admins are using such language directed at a lawyer
I am glad that moderators and admins are using such language directed at lawyers. The visitors on this forums and IV volunteers are not kids and I honestly think your language is suitable for this audience.
Quote:
IV, can you please reel these people in and contribute to a more civilized discussion on topics? Especially on public forums
If it were not a civilized discussion, it would have been held on twitter where folks block you for asking questions. I wonder how many were blocked by them
Quote:
Anonymous contributors directing their anger towards a person erodes the legitimacy of IV and its values.
I am sure you appreciate guest blogs on trade associations only created to depict that it was the organization's voice but not an individuals voice with malicious intent
Quote:
If you have a problem with immigration lawyers, deal with it in your own way
We all have problems with immigration lawyers. If you have appreciation for these immigration lawyers please feel free to chant their bhajans 'in your own way' but not here

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenappletx is infamous around these parts

Thanks IV & Aman, it was really great to listen Aman, he made right points, gr8.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

So what is this..... "wait wait you can't fire me, because I quit....." type of thingy

Get real. If you oppose the core belief of any organization, you don't need to resign, you are fired. At that point, it doesn't matter as it is too late to say - wait wait you can't fire me, because I quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazee View Post
Dear Aman and Puneet - It is with regret that I have to request my removal from your Board of Advisors. Iíve really enjoyed working with IV over the years on its advocacy efforts and have found participating in many of your teleconferences assisting IV members with their immigration questions to be rewarding. But after seeing this passage in Amanís email advocating on behalf of amending HR 3012 (a bill I strongly support, by the way) I can no longer in good conscience be associated with the organization.

Unfortunately, some immigration lawyers and their advocacy groups in DC are against this amendment. We believe that this fringe group has always advocated a system where immigrants are taken advantage of.

Immigration Lawyers have chosen to be on the wrong side of history. They want to protect companies that are abusing the system. This set of Immigration lawyers want to side with companies that are under-cutting US workers and committing fraud.

Itís time for us to standup to speak for ourselves and tell everyone that immigration lawyers don't represent immigrants. When it comes to advocacy, immigration lawyers and their groups only represent their own special interest to design the system to keep more people in limbo for longer so that they can pocket more money through renewals and extension of applications for visas and work-permits while immigrants wait forever in their green card process. A large percentage of these immigration lawyers have a vested interest in keeping the immigration process slow and confusing. They will oppose streamlining or simplifying the process that would help employers and employees.

I think the IV position on the Grassley Amendment is really short sighted and will be deeply regretted over time. But I would not quit over a policy difference. I just canít sit idly by and listen to my brethren Ė people that have dedicated their careers to helping immigrants (many being immigrants themselves) Ė painted as being greedy and anti-immigrant. I am personally insulted by this form of defamation and it strongly resembles the type of attack we usually hear from rabid anti-immigrants attacking us for advocating on behalf of immigrants. That this email originated from an immigrants rights advocacy group is simply shocking. You say you are only talking about ďsome lawyersĒ but I can tell you that the immigration bar sees this as an attack on all of us. The letter has circulated like wildfire across the immigration bar and Iím afraid IVís reputation has been seriously damaged with a group that is composed of people that are naturally allied with most of your positions. And in Washington, finding allies is necessary in the long run to achieving anything. Itís also unfortunate because lashing out and defaming the immigration bar was unnecessary. You could have simply taken your position and just stated that you disagree with other groups, but stand by your decisions as representing the best interests of your members. Instead, youíve hurt IVís chances of finding friends in the future to help on issues that will be of concern to you.

Finally, Itís also odd that you have a Board of Advisors comprised of a number of immigration lawyers you consider to be trusted enough to include on a board of this sort, but we had to learn about your attack on immigration lawyers from other lawyers who heard about it online.

I wish the two of you well.
Regards,
Greg Siskind
Gregory Siskind, Attorney at Law
Siskind Susser - Immigration Lawyers
Telephone: 800-748-3819 or 901-682-6455
Fax: 800-684-1267 or 901-339-9604
Email: gsiskind@visalaw.com
Web: Guide To U.S. Immigration Law | Law Firm Assisting With Visas, Green Cards, Naturalization | Siskind Susser PC

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crackjack9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
So what is this..... "wait wait you can't fire me, because I quit....." type of thingy

Get real. If you oppose the core belief of any organization, you don't need to resign, you are fired. At that point, it doesn't matter as it is too late to say - wait wait you can't fire me, because I quit
Lol. sounds like it.
This cracked me up!

Old 11-05-2015, 11:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post

His waterboys have abandoned him now. Nobody retweets his bull$$$ anymore. His fanboys have turned against him and asking why AILA didn't ask for EAD-140 during the conference.

Pretty much, he is screwed and lost all credibility. He may need to rewrite a new version of this book - The Lawyer's Guide to Marketing on the Internet

http://www.amazon.com/The-Lawyers-Gu.../dp/1590311183

-FU

Old 11-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankUnderwood View Post
His waterboys have abandoned him now. Nobody retweets his bull$$$ anymore. His fanboys have turned against him and asking why AILA didn't ask for EAD-140 during the conference.

Pretty much, he is screwed and lost all credibility. He may need to rewrite a new version of this book - The Lawyer's Guide to Marketing on the Internet

The Lawyer's Guide to Marketing on the Internet: Gregory H. Siskind: 9781590311189: Amazon.com: Books

-FU
Why should there be a book about The Lawyer's Guide to Marketing on the Internet?

The answer is in 1 line. Tell the truth and uphold your oath, and don't engage in exploiting immigrants. Why do we need a book to say this 1 line? Is that what he wrote in that book? What a waste of ink and paper.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

Mr. Aman Kapoor, you are my hero!!!

Thanks a lot for leading us million legal immigrants in the right direction and taking a stand on our behalf. You have our support all the way!!!

Godspeed!

Old 11-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vasu123 is on a distinguished road

seems like USCIS people are working on AC21 i140 portability, but not working on i140 EAD rule.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu123 View Post
seems like USCIS people are working on AC21 i140 portability, but not working on i140 EAD rule.
Please share the source of info.