Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road
Default AILA News and Discussion

Thought people might be interested, "Guest Blogger" Greg Siskind published a blog post on the AILA website that purportedly supports I140-EAD.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legalexpat is on a distinguished road

I have been responding to that in twitter. If this is a better place for discussion, we can do it here :-)

Old 10-29-2015, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
Thought people might be interested, "Guest Blogger" Greg Siskind published a blog post on the AILA website that purportedly supports I140-EAD.
I told you so that someone should write a blog.

There you have it ladies and gentlement. We fully support.

Maa-Ki-Kirkiri

Old 10-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It is still a blog, not an official document from AILA. We need something from AILA to DHS, USCIS and all concerned parties.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalexpat View Post
I have been responding to that in twitter. If this is a better place for discussion, we can do it here :-)
Ok Read this AILA submission very carefully.

Congress passed AC-21 to give job portability to people stuck in Adjustment of Status delays. This means that you need to have I485 pending. AC-21 is why people with pending I485 get EAD's.

But GOTUS never did formal rule-making to implement I485-EAD, they just started handing them out.

When they do formal rule making they have the freedom to consider the "Intent of Congress" and use existing authority to fulfill the intent of Congress. Clearly Congress never intended for people to be stuck in long backlogs, driving down wages and so on - as demonstrated by AC-21.

With this background USCIS AAO put out an RFI asking for input on how to write AC-21 rules.

And what does AILA do? They put out the above submission.

If you read between the lines, they are very careful to reiterate over and over again that only people with pending AoS should benefit from this. This submission happened in late May of this year. At this time everyone and his dog know that I140-EAD was in the works and the sole reason USCIS was going through the AC-21 rule-making process was to consider the intent of Congress and issue I140-EAD.

If you read between the lines of AILA's submission, it is obvious that they want nothing to change. In-fact they are scrambling very hard to keep the scope of AC-21 rulemaking limited to people with pending I1485's not for people with approved I140's. If you cannot see that, no one here can help you.

AILA has been acting in bad faith for years. We cannot go into WH meetings with tape recorders, if we did - AILA's position (both stated and unstated) would curdle your blood. There are certain things - especially background lobbying - that cannot be proven and disproven beyond a reasonable doubt, to people who do not witnesses the act. You just need to know what peoples underlying motivation is, who your friends are and who your enemies are.

If you think AILA is somehow on your side in-spite of all you have read on this forum, that is your loss. The rest of us are grateful that IV is taking a realistic view of the situation.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 10-29-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Regarding the blog post. It means nothing.

If AILA is serious, they will send official submissions to agencies. If they do that, we will take copies of their submission into every WH meeting and say AILA supports this - so please move faster. We will also say, see AILA is full of hypocrites - just last week they had elaborate legal arguments why I140-EAD should not happen and were trying to kill this.

AILA knows this very well, this is why it is very unlikely we will ever see this. If AILA ever does do this it will be as a face-saving measure -- after they have lost the I140-EAD fight.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Regarding the blog post. It means nothing.
AILA knows this very well, this is why it is very unlikely we will ever see this. If AILA ever does do this it will be as a face-saving measure -- after they have lost the I140-EAD fight.
I pity the lawyer who took up the task to have something from AILA 'shortly'. And now to cover his face he came up with this 'Guest Blogger' article and crying out loud that these are AILA's words

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
I pity the lawyer who took up the task to have something from AILA 'shortly'. And now to cover his face he came up with this 'Guest Blogger' article and crying out loud that these are AILA's words
Greg must think people are stupid to fall for that.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

If AILA is serious, they will send official submissions to agencies.
Just like the submission they sent in May (the link you posted in your original post), but this time making opposite arguments for the greater good of their so-called immigrant clients. The hundreds of thousands of us immigrant clients would much appreciate it if they now come up an immigrant favorable letter! And please not the f**king blogs again, we are tired!

If I recall correctly, that letter argued that an immigrant “beneficiary” starts owning an I-140 only after AC21 period and hence should be allowed to represent him/her (of course with an attorney). Guess what, most of the immigrant clients do not give shit about this odd-ball case. If such cases deserves an official submission, why not I-140 EAD/AP?

I remember discussing that AILA submission with you and it was indirectly opposing I-140 based EAD as you rightly brought it up. Good man!

Old 10-29-2015, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Where are all the sepoys? Come on guys, now is the time to rise from the ashes and back your Masters.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Just like the submission they sent in May (the link you posted in your original post), but this time making opposite arguments for the greater good of their so-called immigrant clients. The hundreds of thousands of us immigrant clients would much appreciate it if they now come up an immigrant favorable letter! And please not the f**king blogs again, we are tired!

If I recall correctly, that letter argued that an immigrant “beneficiary” starts owning an I-140 only after AC21 period and hence should be allowed to represent him/her (of course with an attorney). Guess what, most of the immigrant clients do not give shit about this odd-ball case. If such cases deserves an official submission, why not I-140 EAD/AP?

I remember discussing that AILA submission with you and it was indirectly opposing I-140 based EAD as you rightly brought it up. Good man!
It should be an official comment in response to a rule making RFI that could result in I140-EAD. A random letter on AILA letterhead will not go very far.

AILA has had two cracks at it and that boat has sailed.

In late 2014, they had a chance to do it with their much lampooned response to the Presidents Executive Order RFI. We have heard two explanations about why it didn't happen, no space - and it was "obvious" in the Presidents announcement, so they didn't do it.

In May, AILA submits a comment for AC-21 rule making. AC-21 rule making was done explicitly for I140-EAD, but somehow AILA doesn't mention it. Instead there is palatable desperation in the document to keep the scope of AC-21 rule making limited to people with pending I485's only.

Don't believe me - read the submission. That submission is missing something very "obvious" - like I140-EAD. Again, the whole reason for the AC-21 rule-making process was I140-EAD, and somehow they find a way to write a 20 page document without mentioning it even once.

If you still think AILA and immigration lawyers are on your side, I seriously doubt there is absolutely anything anyone can do to convince you.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-29-2015, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
Where are all the sepoys? Come on guys, now is the time to rise from the ashes and back your Masters.
They are probably praising the blogs and tweets as usual? Or bothering the president on tweeter.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I like Greg for his Pro-Immigration stand. And here is my honest advice to Greg to get AILA to respond

Create a petition requesting AILA to release their official letter in support of I140/EAD and have all your followers sign it.
Here are a few tips on how to gather those signatures
1. Tweet to all your followers and fellow AILA members to sign the petition
2. Join Other Lawyer's forums/blogs to request their members to sign your petition
3. Pay for Google ads to promote your petition
4. Advertise on TV/Radio
5. You can always convey to AILA that you will quit AILA's membership and create another outfit for Immigration lawyers who are ready to issue this letter of support

Old 10-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalexpat View Post
still want to discuss AILA's intentions?

Old 10-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Poor Siskind is trying so hard to make a fool out of himself.
I think we should send him some flowers for trying and may be
A book on how not to get carried away